Sweet Mother of God...

Kieran_Burns
Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
edited January 2014 in Commuting chat
Okay, I'm late leaving work (3 hour conference call... I may actually just pretend to be dead for the next one) so it's fully dark by the time I'm nearing home.

I get to the cross roads which passes by the village where there's a Notts Uni campus; this is a stretch I regularly rant at students cycling without lights or utterly useless ones. I look across the junction and there's another one, just about to go down the completely unlit stretch of NSL with no lights whatsoever at the rear. :evil:

I figure I should do my good samaritan bit and at this point, decide to let them know and cycle behind them until we get to the village and the lit section.

I get close behind the bike and realise there IS a light, some pathetic little Mars clone and the batteries are clearly flat.

I call out to the student and let her (now realise it's a her while trying to stop idiots overtaking into oncoming traffic and negotiate the bloody awful road surface) know that the light is basically useless.

We both stop and I call back to say if it's okay I'll cycle behind until she gets to the village and the lit section. She's happy with this and she cycles past.

It's at this point I realise:
She is staggeringly cute
She is wearing what amounts to lycra hot pants :shock: :shock: :shock: these things were tiny

Completely bare and just flipping gorgeous legs. I was desparately trying not to look. :? :oops: No, really.

So I cycle alongside to have a chat and that's not working, 'cos now she's looking over and her cycle skills aren't great and my attention is on anything but the road. I can't go in front, so I cycle behind. It was bloody torture.

We chat as we go along and God help me, she goes to shop to get some more batteries for the light and THAT'S on my way home. It didn't bloody help when we came to little hill and she stood up on the pedals... I may have whimpered at this point.

When I got home, I put the shower on full cold and steamed for a while.....
Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
2011 Trek Madone 4.5
2012 Felt F65X
Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter

Comments

• meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Pictures or it didn't happen!!!

(Was that a flimsy enough excuse for pictures? :wink: )
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • Kieran_Burns
    It was too dark, too cold and too foggy for the camera.

(goddamnit)
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,870
    It was too dark, too cold and too foggy for the camera.

(goddamnit)

There's always tomorrow.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    At what point did the death star fire its main gun and kill everyone ...?

lies all lies FACT :roll:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Kieran_Burns
    itboffin wrote:

Your jealousy is so transparent :lol:
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • Clipless as well, I'll be bound
    "Consider the grebe..."
  • itboffin
    Warming up the millenium falcon lasers now :evil:
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Clipless as well, I'll be bound

Giant MTB with knobblys - flat pedals. Holy crap. I'm a cyclist.
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    .....I put the shower on full cold and steamed for a while.....
    There's a new euphemism. :wink:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • daddy0
    daddy0 Posts: 686
    It's at this point I realise:
    She has breasts

FTFY
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 16,688
    itboffin wrote:

I'm afriad she will have got home and told her flatmates that a nice middle aged man a bit like Great Uncle Bulgaria helped her home.

Sorry mate.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Jealous....yup....letch away, it's all your good for at your age anyway!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    You know that’s such a coincidence – I saw this earlier this morning on a bike forum for girls:

Student Cyclist said:
    I was cycling home from college last night when I heard someone bellowing at me from behind. I turned around and this old man on a bike was shouting at me that my lights didn’t work. Funny – they were fine, but he had glasses on like milk bottles so maybe he couldn’t see them very well.

He tried to scalp me but failed, so he tucked in behind me and tried to draft instead, but he was so unfit I could hear him almost having an asthma attack behind me. The way he was looking me you’d have thought I was wearing hotpants instead of my normal cycling shorts – I don’t know, maybe he hasn’t seen a decent pair of legs in a while. He even tried talking to me, saying something about going home with him to "look at his bikes and drink some foine woine". Ew.

I tried to shake him off and went into a shop for some fags and a couple of bottles of WKD but when I came out he was sat on the kerb wheezing, saying he thought he’d better wait for me, you know, with the amount of creeps around. Oh *whatever*. So off we went again. I finally managed to shake him when we went up a tiny little hill and he started going backwards. I bet he went home to "polish his top tube", the dirty old man.

:lol:
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • Drfabulous0
    Drfabulous0 Posts: 1,539
    There's a bike forum for girls?
  • Kieran_Burns
    itboffin wrote:

I'm afriad she will have got home and told her flatmates that a nice middle aged man a bit like Great Uncle Bulgaria helped her home.

Sorry mate.

I happen to agree! :lol:

...siiiigh...
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • Kieran_Burns
    I'm also waiting for someone to resurrect 'that' thread....
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    There's probably going to be a police report this evening warning of a heavy breathing, cape clad cyclist hanging around Notts Uni with studio quality front lights and a head cam.
  • daviesee
    Veronese68 wrote:
    There's probably going to be a police report this evening warning of a heavy breathing, cape clad cyclist hanging around Notts Uni with studio quality front lights and a head cam.
    Good point. Head cam = photos. Or it didn't happen. :wink:
  • essex-commuter
    essex-commuter Posts: 2,188
    msmancunia wrote:
    You know that’s such a coincidence – I saw this earlier this morning on a bike forum for girls:

Student Cyclist said:
    I was cycling home from college last night when I heard someone bellowing at me from behind. I turned around and this old man on a bike was shouting at me that my lights didn’t work. Funny – they were fine, but he had glasses on like milk bottles so maybe he couldn’t see them very well.

He tried to scalp me but failed, so he tucked in behind me and tried to draft instead, but he was so unfit I could hear him almost having an asthma attack behind me. The way he was looking me you’d have thought I was wearing hotpants instead of my normal cycling shorts – I don’t know, maybe he hasn’t seen a decent pair of legs in a while. He even tried talking to me, saying something about going home with him to "look at his bikes and drink some foine woine". Ew.

I tried to shake him off and went into a shop for some fags and a couple of bottles of WKD but when I came out he was sat on the kerb wheezing, saying he thought he’d better wait for me, you know, with the amount of creeps around. Oh *whatever*. So off we went again. I finally managed to shake him when we went up a tiny little hill and he started going backwards. I bet he went home to "polish his top tube", the dirty old man.

:lol::lol::lol:
  • Kieran_Burns
    daviesee wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Good point. Head cam = photos. Or it didn't happen. :wink:

Already said - it was too dark, too foggy (lens got covered in water on the way in, so I didn't even bother on the way home) and if you bunch of perves think I would share that if I had it....
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • daviesee
    Already said - it was too dark, too foggy (lens got covered in water on the way in, so I didn't even bother on the way home) and if you bunch of perves think I would share that if I had it....
    Drat.
    Convenient excuse.
    Pot and kettle?
  • veronese68
    It wasn't foggy at all. The old perv's heavy breathing had fogged up the lens.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    is this her?

3780perfectassmountainbbc0.jpg
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • mtb-idle
    mtb-idle Posts: 2,179
    msmancunia wrote:

Student Cyclist said:

That is simply inspired, well done MsM :lol:
    FCN = 4
  • Kieran_Burns
    You know what's just occured to me? This thread has gone exactly the same way as the last one where I mentioned a run in with a girly cyclist.

Holy cow - that one had a bloody Star Wars link as well. :shock:

What the hell?

AND a bloody joke quote..... :shock: :shock:

Right that's it. I'm never posting here again. I'm going over to the MTB section and ask if 28c tyres are too wide. It'll be less weird that's for sure.
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • itboffin
    Your perverted use of CX means your an outcast everywhere now especially in the MTB but they know deep down the CX are waaaaay better than MTB's an skin tight lycra beats baggys and body armour any day.

FACT

true dat
  • Kieran_Burns
    Remember this?

Well - great ending to it. I was cycling in this morning and could see a very brightly lit bike up ahead and it turned out to the student girl.

Now running with two very bright rear lights, one of which is the Cateye LD610 in full cylon mode. Those lights are properly bright!
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • veronese68
    Yet you still don't post a picture. Major fail as some yoof might say. :roll:
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Actually the yoof would say 'epic fail'.

Also, I don't believe him, the really attractive cycling girlies don't come out until late March, early April. FACT.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game