So what goals have your set for yourself?

2»

Comments

• anto164
    anto164 Posts: 3,500
    Mine is to complete this ride without getting off the bike...

http://www.wildwaleschallenge.com/

I'm fully signed up, so the training has started!
  • Toe knee
    Toe knee Posts: 525
    New bike - first rider today . When the frost clears, start my goal of 2 years training to my 50th birthday and then do
    LEJOG let my goal begin ! ! :D
  • ademort
    ademort Posts: 1,924
    To do more than last year as last year was a disaster due to work commitments. Lose 10Kgs at least and take part in a few more tours and sportives. If i can do that anything above that will be a bonus.
    Ademort
    ademort
    Chinarello, record and Mavic Cosmic Sl
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura
  • nunowoolmez
    nunowoolmez Posts: 865
    Some great stuff here. mine are these...

Get to 10 1/2 stone by July

Begin to use my HRM & understand all that zonal stuff.

Begin serious interval training around Regents Park

Complete 5 hill reps of Swains Lane, Highgate West Hill, Muswell Hill, Alexandra Palace, Highgate Hill & few others in a day. Then do it on a weekly basis until i am able to do it twice a week.

Ride a few Sportives (Etape Du Dales, King Of The Downs, High Peaks Sportive, Wiggle Long One & a few more)

Conquer Col De Telegraph, Col Du Galibier, Alpe D'huez, Col D'Izoard, Col De Madelaine, Col de Glandon, Col de Croix De Fer & Col du Mollard during a two weeks trip to the Alps in July.

Oh...and world domination :)
  • ademort
    Having read your goals for 2013, i think mine are probably more realistic. But good luck with yours.
    Ademort
    ademort
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura
  • nunowoolmez
    ademort wrote:
    Having read your goals for 2013, i think mine are probably more realistic. But good luck with yours.
    Ademort

How do you know? You know nothing about me. But thanks for the input. Good luck.
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    Short term, to get on the turbo within the next fortnight and hopefully to actually ride my bike within three weeks of that.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • ademort
    ademort wrote:
    Ademort

How do you know? You know nothing about me. But thanks for the input. Good luck.

Never meant to be an insult. Just that my Goals are easily within reach providing i can get the time on the bike. Yours on the other hand require a fair bit of travelling and the world domination might just be toooooo much. :wink::D
    Ademort
    ademort
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura
  • nunowoolmez
    ademort wrote:
    ademort wrote:
    Ademort

Never meant to be an insult. Just that my Goals are easily within reach providing i can get the time on the bike. Yours on the other hand require a fair bit of travelling and the world domination might just be toooooo much. :wink::D
    Ademort

Yeah, but i have a cunning plan :D

Also, all my goals are quite realistic, it's just a matter of how much i want to do it. Which is a lot. Geography is not an obstacle, my fitness is in a good place, & just needs adding to & fine tuning. Sportives will be fun, but they are being used as long training rides really.

Looks like i might have to give up chocolate for a bit tho to help get rid of that half a stone. Nooooo!!!
  • Inutero
    Inutero Posts: 111
    Goal for this year is to do 100 miles. Did 65 yesterday. I have a weeks holiday in a months time, so hoping to get it done then. Don't care how long it takes either.
  • My goal for this year is to keep my bike reasonably well maintained. Anything else is a bonus.
  • ricey155
    ricey155 Posts: 233
    I've changed mine - big ring all the hills in 2013 (running 50-34 compact) so should be doable :lol:
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    Go from a commuter to a cat 3
  • nedmoran
    nedmoran Posts: 53
    This year, to join a club and get out every weekend on a long hilly(with shorter rides during the week)ride. So that next year i can be ready for the Fred Whitton Challenge.
  • Oxo
    Oxo Posts: 144
    Well,

- Complete the Dartmoor Classic "Epic"
    - 150 miles in a day
    - Get up my local "Warend Wall" (27%) on a 39x28 without an unplanned dismount :oops:
    - Beat my 10m TT time from last year :oops: :oops:
    - Finish my recently acquired Colnago Master 30th Anniversary :D
    - Get down to 10st 10lb by June (1st to go, 6st gone)
    Sunday Best: 2013 Colnago Master 30th Anniversary
    Foul Weather: 2010 Kinesis Racelight T2
    Commuter: 1958 Holdsworth Zephyr Fixed Gear
  • c-mac
    c-mac Posts: 30
    Got my first road bike a couple of weeks ago so my goals reflect that. Did a 27 mile ride today in a couple of hours. I think that is ok???

Get up to 60/70 miles by the end of the summer.
    Go out with other people.
    Buy some cleat pedals and shoes.
    Learn how to maintain my bike!
  • pride4ever
    pride4ever Posts: 510
    500 miles in one 7 day week. Got to 450 this week and then got some bad posterior knee ache which as sidelined me for two days, Try again in MAY.
    the deeper the section the deeper the pleasure.
  • bjl
    bjl Posts: 353
    Would like to do a 100 mile 10,000 ft climbing ride , also 100 km in 3 hrs , probably the hardest is to start getting in some early morning miles before work , not really a morning person :(