What really happened to Robert Millar?

13»

Comments

• Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    I thought listening to pippa was a breath of fresh air, she hasn't lost any of her dry sense of humour. Even my G/F laughed when was explaining how Geraint Thomas dodged the Landa question. She even admitted somewhat how difficult she was to interview after a race or just back in the day. I think this has taken the weight off her shoulders and it's given her a new confidence. I thought Matt Smith also was good, I thought he only did football but was quite knowledgeable. His only gaff was he didn't understand that the "High Life" was the Millar documentary that someone had watched.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,158
    I've not heard much of her so far, but what I have seems very much set in the tactics, politics and morals of the 80s
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • kingstonian
    kingstonian Posts: 2,847
    Was great to have Philippa giving their insights and perspectives on the TdF this year
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,471
    Please can we have a spoiler in the title? I'm reading "in search of Robert Millar" and I should be able to read a thread about Robert Millar without it been spoilt for me.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    gsk82 wrote:
    Please can we have a spoiler in the title? I'm reading "in search of Robert Millar" and I should be able to read a thread about Robert Millar without it been spoilt for me.

really ??? .... you are reading a book described "Unravelling the Mystery of Britain’s Most Successful Tour de France Cyclist is the compelling story of one of Britain’s best-ever cyclists and one of the most complex and contradictory characters in any sport. Fully updated with new material on the enigmatic Millar, whose sudden and dramatic disappearance has left a puzzle for unravelling. "

and it didn't occur to you a thread labelled What really happened to Robert millar, might just contain similar material .. if not the actual facts ?

It would be like reading a thread entitled, what actually happened in last weeks Man-U vs West Ham game .. then complaining that you hadn't watched it and now you know the outcome
  • gsk82
    fat daddy wrote:
    gsk82 wrote:

really ??? .... you are reading a book described "Unravelling the Mystery of Britain’s Most Successful Tour de France Cyclist is the compelling story of one of Britain’s best-ever cyclists and one of the most complex and contradictory characters in any sport. Fully updated with new material on the enigmatic Millar, whose sudden and dramatic disappearance has left a puzzle for unravelling. "

and it didn't occur to you a thread labelled What really happened to Robert millar, might just contain similar material .. if not the actual facts ?

It would be like reading a thread entitled, what actually happened in last weeks Man-U vs West Ham game .. then complaining that you hadn't watched it and now you know the outcome

Would it? Really?
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • salsiccia1
    gsk82 wrote:

Sorry to have to ask, but I'm assuming you're joking. Is that correct?
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,158
    fat daddy wrote:
    As a West Ham fan I'd very much like to know WTF happened. Eh, Slaven?
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • gsk82
    Salsiccia1 wrote:
    gsk82 wrote:

Yes. Unlike people who complain that they should be able to read a thread about a race without reading what happened in it.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    gsk82 wrote:
    Salsiccia1 wrote:
    gsk82 wrote:

Yes. Unlike people who complain that they should be able to read a thread about a race without reading what happened in it.

That's normally when it's a "preview" thread or it's been around for a while and then people start talking about the events/results as they happen. I have no problem with the idea that people should make a separate thread for that.
  • salsiccia1
    gsk82 wrote:
    Salsiccia1 wrote:
    gsk82 wrote:

That's a relief :)

My sarcasm detection system is a bit unreliable, especially if it's subtle...
  • gsk82
    Salsiccia1 wrote:
    gsk82 wrote:
    Salsiccia1 wrote:
    gsk82 wrote:

That's a relief :)

My sarcasm detection system is a bit unreliable, especially if it's subtle...

I blame the internet.
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    pah .. you were far too convincing .. I really thought you were a complete numpty !!! ...... fair play, you pulled the merino wool over my eyes
  • salsiccia1
    Great little item on BBC today:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/scotland/41853191
  • ... a longer version also featuring Chris Hoy
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/scotland/41848100
  • simon_e
    simon_e Posts: 1,706
    She said the same - and a lot more besides - during an on-stage chat with Ned Boulting at the Rouleur Classic the other night (34 minutes):

https://www.facebook.com/rouleur.magazi ... 281462699/
    Aspire not to have more, but to be more.