iPad and bike gps

13»

Comments

• smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    All this point scoring is wonderful and all that but it does not help the OP.

My point was that a device of such a supposedly high end/cutting edge company such as an ipad should be able to cope with USB plug in peripherals. People like the OP would clearly benefit.

Apple are a classic case of taking the piss out of punters by limiting such functionality for the sole purpose of making more money (by getting you to buy other products to do what you need).

To the OP - if a tablet device is all you want get one with USB and ditch the apple hyped up junk.
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • smidsy wrote:
    All this point scoring is wonderful and all that but it does not help the OP.

And complaining that Apple didn't give the iPad USB connectivity helps the OP how exactly?

Your advice - to buy a another tablet, one with USB connectivity - is, frankly, completely sh*t advice.

F*ck me, you are painful.

The OP's mistake was to buy an iPad thinking it was an adequate replacement for a PC / laptop. It's not - it is designed to complement a PC/laptop. It's unfortunate that he made that mistake, given his current problem.
    In the short term, others can advise on whether there is a work around - using some interim online storage or something.

To fix his problem in the long term and head off other problems that will become apparent when trying to use their iPad as one's home compueter, he should invest a couple of hundred pounds in a cheap as chips home computer.
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    And complaining that Apple didn't give the iPad USB connectivity helps the OP how exactly?

Your advice - to buy a another tablet, one with USB connectivity - is, frankly, completely sh*t advice.

Coming from someone with you post history I consider that a compliment :wink:

You have still to add anything to any post you decide to grace.

The OP clearly needs a solution so he needs to buy something yes. My point was if he only wants a tablet then there are ones with USB which would allow him to do what he requires.

I am not debating the 'computer replacement thing'.
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • smidsy wrote:

Coming from someone with you post history I consider that a compliment :wink:

You have still to add anything to any post you decide to grace.

The OP clearly needs a solution so he needs to buy something yes. My point was if he only wants a tablet then there are ones with USB which would allow him to do what he requires.

I am not debating the 'computer replacement thing'.

Christ.

"I am not debating the 'computer replacement thing'"
    "My point was if he only wants a tablet then there are ones with USB which would allow him to do what he requires."
  • Bustacapp
    Bustacapp Posts: 971
    Slowbike wrote:
    ZZZzzzzzz......

Nothing quite so blinkered as a blithering idiot!

Go and play with your casio tablet you slobbering imbecile.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Bustacapp wrote:
    Slowbike wrote:
    ZZZzzzzzz......

Nothing backside related to add to that insult??

You're slipping Bustscapp :wink:
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    Bustacapp wrote:
    Slowbike wrote:
    ZZZzzzzzz......

Ah - I do love friday afternoon banter on the forums ... shame they let the brain dead on as well.
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    I feel distinctly in need of a blither ...