Shoe rubbing heel

JimboPlob
JimboPlob Posts: 397
I have been wearing my cycling shoes for months with no problems.

I have found that running in the cold has left the backs of my heel/down the Achilles area very dry and quite sore (the skin, not the tendon).

After cycling in some cold and damp weather, I can feel that my cycling shoes have rubbed the same spot. I am guessing because its cold my feet are not expanding as much in the shoe and its slipping a little.

Its just the skin that is sore, but its building up a small blob of hard skin on the area. I generally keep my shoes pretty loose due to my feet normally expanding a little when I cycle (I can easily make the heel slip when I pull on the shoe). However, given my feet have been like blocks of ice, I don't think there is any danger of that at the moment! DO you think either thicker socks or tightening the shoe a bit more would help or makes things worse? Should my heel be tightly gripped?

Thanks

Comments

• GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    Thicker socks AND tighter shoe. Go for a ride and find out.

My shoes are snug and my feet do not move at the heel. There's a bit of flex in the toes (I can bend them) and other than the cleats they feel like normal shoes.