Garmin/Strava Question

islwyn
islwyn Posts: 650
Hello,

For the 2nd weekend running, my Garmin has done this for a 2nd time - it just blanks out how random hours and gives me a false moving time, my Garmin screen will read correctly however when I upload to Strava, it changes it totally, for example my 5:44 became 6:42, annoying!

Anyone noticed this before and know a fix? The Garmin didn't turn off.

Screen_Shot_2013_02_24_at_19_29_20.png

Cheers,
Ash

Comments

• danowat
    danowat Posts: 2,877
    Cafe stop?
  • islwyn
    Yes but I 'stopped' the Garmin, and it was for like 20 mins, started again as soon as I set off.
  • This has happened to me a few times , but only on the Turbo as per link : http://app.strava.com/activities/41606062

All the live data was correct - but when I loaded it up to both Strava & Garmin connect - nothing.
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    Have you asked Garmin?
  • danowat
    danowat Posts: 2,877
    Islwyn wrote:
    Yes but I 'stopped' the Garmin, and it was for like 20 mins, started again as soon as I set off.

Strava doesn't like stops it seems.
  • richa
    richa Posts: 1,631
    Are you sure you started immediately after the cafe. What does the map view look like? What about if you load to Garmin Connect/BikeRouteToaster?
    Rich
  • islwyn
    RichA wrote:
    Are you sure you started immediately after the cafe. What does the map view look like? What about if you load to Garmin Connect/BikeRouteToaster?

Garmin connect said the ride time was 5:44 but when I uploaded the file to strava to test it that way, it jumped to 7 hours moving time.

So I then thought I'd check for a Garmin Edge update and there was one available, went to update it and now the bloody thing won't even turn on properly! It loads the Garmin logo and then shuts off.

I've emailed Garmin support but gonna have to wait 3 days for a reply. Pissed off.
  • Omar Little
    Omar Little Posts: 2,010
    Islwyn wrote:
    I've emailed Garmin support but gonna have to wait 3 days for a reply. Pissed off.

Give them a call tomorrow, they are usually pretty good with sorting stuff like this out
  • islwyn
    Just to update you guys, I called Garmin and they're denying knowing the fault (Which is complete lies as a quick google search brings up many threads people saying updating from 2.8 > 3.00 causes it).

Anyway, with no hassle at all they're doing a replacement, supposedly. Happy with that!