Starva Live Tracker Newbie

Jahmoo
Jahmoo Posts: 168
Hi Guys,

Just downloaded Strava on my iPhone, as noticed it seems to be the tracker of choice on here.

I am using Endomondo now, for a year, but with being a loner on the bike, my friends do not ride, so I have nothing to compare myself with. I have just started taking riding seriously, with training and goals to work towards.

Need to lose 2st and training for my firt Sportive, looking at April, 50ml plus.

Basic thing is, how do you connect on Strava?

Cheers

Jahmoo

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Whereabouts in Hants? Strava is ok for a laugh, but joining a club would make more sense if you want to improve.
  • Jahmoo
    Basingstoke/Reading area.

My londest ride so far is only 26ml and I feel I need to work on distance, fitness will come with that, but running at 12-13mph average speed, think riding alone for the initial stage of my fitness will be fine for me.

In the summer I hope to be fitter, so will look around for a group to join.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    North Hants RC, CC Basingstoke, Reading CC, not sure if Calleva CRC is still going or not..
  • Jahmoo
    North Hants are about still, have a card, they do evening rides come spring summer, with different levels, so will keep my ear to the floor with that.

I will look up the others, cheers for info :)
  • I have Endomondo on my phone. I just download the ride from Endomondo and upload it to Strava.
    You get the best of both worlds that way and only have to run one app.
    Strava is great fun but Endomondo has some good features that I like.
    "You really think you can burn off sugar with exercise?" downhill paul
  • Jahmoo
    I used Endomondo this morning, as I am used to it and as you say, seems to have a few features that Strava does not.

I will look in to down load and up load to Strava, pity, I am starting to ride further and need something with a better battery life!

Will stick with Endomondo, as a years worth of stats to work with :)
  • Jahmoo wrote:
    I will look in to down load and up load to Strava, pity, I am starting to ride further and need something with a better battery life!

You can buy new phone batteries for 5 or 6 quid on ebay. On longer rides you can take a spare with you so you know you can make an emergency call.

Ultimately though, I went for a Garmin which I still upload to Strava and Endomondo 8)
    "You really think you can burn off sugar with exercise?" downhill paul
  • Jahmoo
    The replacement Battery and tool set is a no go whilst out and about. Replacement battery pack wont fit on the mobile whilst in the protective cradle.

I am looking at Garmin.