KBK 2013 - *may contain spoilers*

Comments

• tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Boonen misses KBK - has work to do.

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/14002 ... uurne.aspx
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • tailwindhome
    BD2v4-ZCUAAsqD4.jpg:large
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • pottssteve
    pottssteve Posts: 4,069
    Here in Maastricht we've got about 2 - 3 inches of snow at the moment and it's still falling. Belgium's not quite so bad but I fear the race may not go ahead. Commissar's decision at 11.30, I gather?

Steve
    Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,549
    Booooo. Bunch of wimps.

8386388566_57a38d14f4_z.jpg
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Beatmaker
    Beatmaker Posts: 1,092
    Officially cancelled according to Stuey O'Grady
  • skylla
    skylla Posts: 758
    well, that's krap!
  • Beatmaker
    Beatmaker Posts: 1,092
    Apologies, O'Grady was referring to Lugano.
  • skylla
    meeting at 11.15 cet to make a decision
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Cancelled
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • skylla
    BDACCg1CIAA-LDL.jpg:large
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,177
    Dammit was looking forward to some proper Belgian racing (from the comfort of my sofa with a hot drink beside me). Oh well at least it won't snow inside the velodrome so not a complete write off.
  • pottssteve
    pottssteve Posts: 4,069
    A shame, but I'm not surprised. I wouldn't want to ride in this, and there's also the support vehicles and helicopters to consider. Better luck next year.

Right, what's next up?!
    Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs
  • Dammit, I missed Omloop and was looking forward to watching this from the sofa through a haze of snot. But better to be safe, I would not wish injury for my own entertainment.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Bugger.

But as long as it's just KBK I'll survive. Bar 2010 it's a usually a bit of a dull race.
  • skylla
    ThomThom wrote:
    Bugger.

But as long as it's just KBK I'll survive. Bar 2010 it's a usually a bit of a dull race.

Yes, but it was the weather condtions in 2010 that made it exciting though! :)
  • Mar ge
    Mar ge Posts: 88
    First year the organisers didn't take insurance against cancellation apparently.... :(

That's bad to hear. Hope they can survive it.
  • Pross
    Wouldn't have been cancelled in the good old days when riders were too doped to care ;)
  • Team Sky riders "will fly home tonight, get a hard day’s training in on Monday before flying back out here on Tuesday, ready for Le Samyn on Wednesday." http://www.teamsky.com/article/0,27290, ... 77,00.html

Probably a 'noob' question, but why do they opt to do all of that travelling rather than staying together to train?
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Pross wrote:
    Wouldn't have been cancelled in the good old days when riders were too doped to care ;)

Yeeh, but plenty of other people than the riders participating as well isn't there. :--)

Too dangerous for everyone. Riders, spectators, motos, cars.
  • tailwindhome
    Sure the whole left hand side is clear. :wink:

BD3Z8DsCYAAy-AP.jpg:large
  • Pross
    Let's face it, they were due to race on roads in Belgium. The snow was a minor issue against the risk of being swallowed whole by a pothole!
  • Prhymeate wrote:
    Team Sky riders "will fly home tonight, get a hard day’s training in on Monday before flying back out here on Tuesday, ready for Le Samyn on Wednesday." http://www.teamsky.com/article/0,27290, ... 77,00.html

Probably a 'noob' question, but why do they opt to do all of that travelling rather than staying together to train?

Most of the team live in places like UK or Girona that have escaped the snow that's hit much of the rest of Europe, so they can go home and get in a good 6 hour training ride tomorrow. If they stay in Belgium, they''ll be in the same boat as today.
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    Dammit, I missed Omloop and was looking forward to watching this from the sofa through a haze of snot. But better to be safe, I would not wish injury for my own entertainment.
    I did watch Omloop and finding out KBK was cancelled today was marginally more enjoyable! You missed nothing.
  • bobbie.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Haven't been online all day so I was having a right old moan to my Dad about how this had suddenly disappeared from the Eurosport schedules. Assumed they had found a really interesting frame of snooker that they just couldn't leave!
  • tailwindhome
    bobbie.jpg

Being new/returning to pro cycling I didn't know Traksel's history when I was watching him attack constantly at the Tour of Oman.

I'll be looking out for him in future.
  • There's no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong bikes...

425924_337652959606482_1384589067_n.jpg
    I have a policy of only posting comment on the internet under my real name. This is to moderate my natural instinct to flame your fatuous, ill-informed, irrational, credulous, bigoted, semi-literate opinions to carbon, you knuckle-dragging f***wits.