KBK 2013 - *may contain spoilers*

tailwindhome
tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
edited February 2013 in Pro race
KBK is live on Eurosport on Sunday.

I did not know that.

The Leffe with branded glass which has been saved from Christmas will be opened on Sunday at 14.15.

:D
“New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!

Comments

• ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,314
    I washed my Duvel one up not 2 minutes ago!
    :D
  • Good news. If I'm back from London in time, I might break out the Chimay glass.
    This is like Belgian beer glass top trumps.:)
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    All I have is German beer; shall I drink it outside?
  • pottssteve
    pottssteve Posts: 4,069
    slimreaper wrote:
    Good news. If I'm back from London in time, I might break out the Chimay glass.

I've just necked a Chimay Blue........

and there's a Duval in the fridge that I'm saving for later. :)
    Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    They have Duvel on special offer in Tesco (I got lost looking for the milk my wife sent me out for).

Got myself stocked up for the weekend :D
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,314
    Turfle wrote:
    All I have is German beer; shall I drink it outside?

No, you're alright - but tradition states that if you don't have the right kit you've got to do it in pants and vest (which may be how you usually drink beer anyway...)
  • I have 8 cans of Galahad Export from Aldi, can I join?
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,453
    I can't drink beer. You bastards.
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    Sad to say that I've only got one bottle left and it's a Jupiler because my good stock is out.
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,160
    I have a Tripel Karmelite glass. Where am I going to find a bottle by Sunday? (in West Wilts/Bath)
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Really hope for some bad weather on this. A bit of drama!
  • petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    I have a kwak glass

kwak.png

Is this the best top trumps card?
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    This thread has shown me how woefully underprepared I am for the Classics. The winter training camps of wine and vodka have left me short.

And how have I existed without a Kwak glass up to now?

I have started to remedy the situation.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,160
    PeteMadoc wrote:
    I have a kwak glass

kwak.png

Is this the best top trumps card?

I want one!
  • EKIMIKE
    EKIMIKE Posts: 2,232
    Mad_Malx wrote:
    I have a Tripel Karmelite glass. Where am I going to find a bottle by Sunday? (in West Wilts/Bath)

Fecking love that glass. Feels right in my hand.

Same situation though where the hell would we find a bottle of Tripel Karmeliet in West Wiltshire?
  • You drove me to this

I have 3 Ltd duvel glasses, karmeliet, orval, westmalle, chouffe, kwak, brugge zot, timmermans and guldendraak.

Sadly, work pushing pay day back til Monday and my wife getting laid off mean I have nothing to put in them
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • EKIMIKE
    EKIMIKE Posts: 2,232
    It ok man. *pats on shoulder* We'll all get through this (if the racing is good).
  • Will pop in to Tesco to try and find that Duvel offer. Will also pop into Lidl as Leffe is apparently on offer. My brother always bemoans the fact he was picking up Leffe in France at sub 1 euro the bottle.

I had a Chimay last week at Belgo and it was so good I am tempted to dethrone Duvel.

Time to bring out my De Koninck glass.

Nice selection you have there DG!

Good to see an appreciation of these beers in the UK.

Enjoy the racing!
    Contador is the Greatest
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,549
    The Kwak glass was supposedly designed for serving to horse riders who didn't want to dismount. It fitted into a stirrup or something. Which sort of begs the question of whether I can rig up an appropriate bottle cage on my bike...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • inkyfingers
    The Kwak glass was supposedly designed for serving to horse riders who didn't want to dismount. It fitted into a stirrup or something. Which sort of begs the question of whether I can rig up an appropriate bottle cage on my bike...

Here's a possible starting point for that idea...

IMG_0113.JPG?width=450&height=600
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • pottssteve wrote:
    slimreaper wrote:

Chimay blue - nice. I got fed up with only having Duvel and Leffe blonde easily available.
    Started brewing my own. Have about 20 litres in total of Vlaamse Bruin, à Grand Cru, and
    Pilsner in the garage. #neverrunout :)
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,549
    slimreaper wrote:
    pottssteve wrote:
    slimreaper wrote:

Chimay blue - nice. I got fed up with only having Duvel and Leffe blonde easily available.
    Started brewing my own. Have about 20 litres in total of Vlaamse Bruin, à Grand Cru, and
    Pilsner in the garage. #neverrunout :)

Well oficial BR meet-up for Flanders is at yours then :-)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • In that case Doc, I'd better get brewing some more. 20 litres will be gone before live coverage starts!
  • Just spoke my brother who lives near the start and he tells me they have quite a lot of snow, wonder if the race will be on?
  • Mar ge
    Mar ge Posts: 88
    A few cm's snow & its getting heavier....
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Mar ge wrote:
    A few cm's snow & its getting heavier....

Yes, sounds likely it'll be canned (if you believe some of the journos there)
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Beatmaker
    Beatmaker Posts: 1,092
    Boo. Fingers crossed it goes ahead, should make for some interesting conditions. The British riders still seem bang up for it on Twitter.
  • inkyfingers
    Would love to see it go ahead, but in this day and age they are far more likely to scrub it unfortunately.
  • Mar ge
    Mar ge Posts: 88
    Still snowing....
    Allegedly final decision to be taken in an hour but seems increasingly unlikely to proceed :(
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    BD2qjuPCMAAfVF_.jpg:large
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!