TT Warm -up

wacka
wacka Posts: 169
Hi,

I'm about to do my first TT which is 42Km, can anyone advise me on a decent warm up routine to prep me please?

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    At least 20 mins of steady riding with a few short, hard efforts thrown in to raise your HR. You should try to be on the line with a sweat on, ideally. Warm-ups are a very personal thing though - you need to find out what works for you.
  • LegendLust
    LegendLust Posts: 1,022
    A 42km TT won't need as an intense warm up as a 10m TT.

My usual routine for a 25mTT (42k roughly) is 15 mins spinning in the little ring - then engage big ring and 21 sprocket and do a min at TT pace/cadence, then every minute go up a gear at the same cadence/pace until you get to your ideal racing gear ratio - then hold this cadence for 3 mins. Back down to 21 sprocket, spin for a couple of mins then do a couple of sub maximal sprints. Then spin to start line with about 5 mins to spare.
  • mattshrops
    mattshrops Posts: 1,134
    Ride up and down ,easy, for ~10 mins. Sprint a couple of times. Slouch on bike near start looking nonchalant.

Set off like a scalded tw@t, blow up, limp to finish. Vow to get it right next time. :D
    Death or Glory- Just another Story
  • Mike67
    Mike67 Posts: 585
    mattshrops wrote:
    Ride up and down ,easy, for ~10 mins. Sprint a couple of times. Slouch on bike near start looking nonchalant.

Set off like a scalded tw@t, blow up, limp to finish. Vow to get it right next time. :D

See you've been reading the same training manual as me :D
    Mike B

Cannondale CAAD9
    Kinesis Pro 5 cross bike
    Lots of bits