Foam Roller :D

philwint
philwint Posts: 763
Just got one and have given it a few goes today. The last just after an hour on the exercise bike. Legs feeling incredible :D

But by god my IT bands hurt when I rolled them :shock:

Comments

• ive just bought one from decathlon. havent tried it out properly cause i have a dvd to watch for it. did you find it very helpful?
  • I've been using one for two or three years after suffering knee pain through my IT band, after twenty or thiry 'rolls' you can feel the band smooth out. It bloody painful for the first few attempts but i roll every night or every second night depending on training done and its cured my knee pain.
  • I've been using one for a few years too.

Picked it up first time at Uni through periods of lots and lots of miles. From slow endurance miles, to hard turbo sessions, and short blasts, and other gym training. I found I was waking up the next morning feeling much fresher and looser in the legs than I would have normally. It's also GREAT for rolling out your back after long hunched rides.
    “If you worried about falling off the bike, you’d never get on.”

@mattbeedham
  • FatTed
    FatTed Posts: 1,205
    This will aid your recovery rather better than a foam roller, wont hep IT band issues
    http://www.fireflyrecovery.com/en-gb/fi ... t-it-does/
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    Love my foam roller. Its like a mini-soigneur-massage after a good ride. Yes it hurts, especially the first few times, but you can really notice the difference afterwards. Its good for your back too, especially if you get a stiff lower back after a ride.
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.