Time Crunched Training

skyblueamateur
skyblueamateur Posts: 1,498
My wife is due to have our first child in the next few weeks and I'm looking at sorting a training plan for after the birth.

I'm under no illusions that I'm going to be very strapped for time so am trying to be realisitic with my goals.

I've got a fair base fitness level and am thinking as I'm not going to have time to do a lot of miles competing in the local club time trials will be my best bet.

I'm on TrainerRoad and am looking at doing the Timer Crunch plans A and B. Along with any snatched miles I can get will this be enough to keep me at a reasonable standard for TTing?

Any tips or advise would be much appreciated.

Comments

• dbb
    dbb Posts: 323
    don't even think about getting on the bike for the first 2 weeks !
    regards,
    dbb
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    1st kid? If so then those first 2 weeks of paternity leave will seem like a holiday so go out and enjoy it. All the baby will do (hopefully) is eat, poo and sleep. There will be loads of family and friends around, you'll need to support the wife, especially if its a caesarian birth, but you'll have loads of time for the bike.

If its not your 1st then you know better to be asking as you've got other kids who will need looking after and you'll get no free time for at least a year.
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.