PTP announcement

afx237vi
afx237vi Posts: 12,630
edited February 2013 in Pro race
Okay, Het Nieuwsblad is next weekend, but after much consideration I've decided that I won't be able to do PTP this year. I simply don't have as much time these days, nor, if truth be told, the inclination to do the scoring for another year. I don't want to start the season and then get behind or have it fizzle out halfway through the season.

So, I'm sorry about that, because it was fun while it lasted and we had some very close contests. But, after seven years, that's enough for me. If anyone else wants to step in and organise a forum prediction contest, that would be great, but if not, no worries and thanks to everyone who played over the years.

Comments

• iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Thanks for all the efforts monkey-man

Twas infuriating fun
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,943
    AFX - you've a PM
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Totally appreciate you not doing it any more, it must have taken up a fair bit of your time. Thanks for running it all this time, it's always added something to the fun of watching a race.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    Thanks afx. I could never commit to getting my PTP entry in on time, so how you managed to keep everything rolling over and ticking along so smoothly was fantastic. Thanks a lot.
  • afx237vi wrote:
    But, after seven years, that's enough for me.
    I'll be waiting for your comeback then.
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,834
    Sorry to hear that Afx, you always did an amazing job.

I have sent you a PM. I don't mind taking over PTP this year. It always makes the racing a little more interesting to watch. Plus I can easily regain my title if I take over ;) haha.
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,116
    Any truth in the rumour you're only stopping because Iain had finally gotten good at it and you don't want him to win?

Thanks for all your efforts, they were much appreciated and I was often in awe of your ability to keep it up to date so promptly.
  • rozzer32
    Don't worry PTP'ers. I have offered to take it over and so has TailWindHome so I'm sure we will work something out between the two of us. PTP will be on the start line next week :D
  • afx - your a top fella for all the work you put in on PTP. Has been great in the little time i've known it!

Whoever takes it on has a lot to live up to...no pressure :wink:
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    andyp wrote:
    Any truth in the rumour you're only stopping because Iain had finally gotten good at it and you don't want him to win?

Thanks for all your efforts, they were much appreciated and I was often in awe of your ability to keep it up to date so promptly.

Actually there's a job going in Italy where I hear you get free biscuits and wine and get to wear funky hats. My CV is in the post, but I'm pretty confident I'll get it :lol:
  • NervexProf
    NervexProf Posts: 4,202
    My sincere thanks to you afx - your commitment and hard work over 7 years earns my thanks and tribute.
    Common sense in an uncommon degree is what the world calls wisdom
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    In the same way that Rick is now a "Moderator", I believe the forum powers that be should give you the honorary forum title of "True Champion" for all your hard work over the years.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,874
    yeah gets to be a bit of a time vampire

cheers for the effort you put in
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,874
    rozzer32 wrote:
    Don't worry PTP'ers. I have offered to take it over and so has TailWindHome so I'm sure we will work something out between the two of us. PTP will be on the start line next week :D

hurrah
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Even as we speak festinagirl is tweeting about ulterior motives for the departure. :lol:

Can hardly blame you wanting a rest - it must have been hard work - well played for making the past seasons more enjoyable.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    Dear Sir afx-monkeyman

Just wanted to say a huge thank you for inventing and running PTP. Last year was my first full season, and I loved it! Many thanks to Rozzer and TWH for stepping into monkey-mans shoes.

PTP is dead... long live PTP - Huzzah!

RATS

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • rozzer32
    ratsbeyfus wrote:
    Dear Sir afx-monkeyman

Just wanted to say a huge thank you for inventing and running PTP. Last year was my first full season, and I loved it! Many thanks to Rozzer and TWH for stepping into monkey-mans shoes.

PTP is dead... long live PTP - Huzzah!

RATS

Just me running it now. Got some big ideas for PTP, this time next year we'll be millionaires.
  • Played for the first time last year and loved it. Thanks for all your efforts afx.

Looking forward to a new game rozzer32, Ta for stepping in.
  • Bakunin
    Bakunin Posts: 868
    Thanks for your work -afx.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,602
    Cheers for the effort and thanks to those taking over BTW don't bother with that job in Rome, I've got it in the bag - my wife has had me practicing celibacy for ages in preparation.

edited as Cleat had already beaten me to the obvious doping reference!
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,116
    Good man, Rozzer.

How do we handle the bungs? Same way as with the pixellated monkey? I neglected to pay mine last year and was way down the standings as a result.
  • Omar Little
    Omar Little Posts: 2,010
    thanks for running it in the past afx and good on you for stepping up to run it this year rozzer32
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,006
    Thanks for the oustanding work AFX. It took me long enough to remember who I had picked, neve mind sort out the whole peleton.

+ great stuff Rozzer for stepping up to the challenge. Big pixels to fill.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,158
    Excellent work AFX. Enjoy the papacy.

(Although now El Presidente has been ousted, his protected PTPers won't be able to do their doping anymore and I get to step off the blacklist. Top 50 here I come).
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • rozzer32
    If you want to win this year then I'll accept either a powermeter, or a blonde female Swedish model.
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    I've got good sensations for Christopher Froome, Tour of Oman Stage 5, coverage on Eurosport 09:00. Am I doing it right?
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,743
    An era passes.

A new era dawns..

Or something like that. Nice one guys.
  • Thanks afx. As said, it really added to my enjoyment in following cycling last year. Finishing eighth during the TdF was my proudest moment. Eightieth overall less so.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    Another shock abdication!

Thanks for the effort over the years - hope you'll have time to participate.

Rozzer, great work stepping in
  • thanks for running this over the years afx