MTB doping

2»

Comments

• YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    Northwind wrote:
    Thing is that at the lower levels of sport, there isn't the medical advice that high level pros get so the riders don't have that much guidance on what they have to avoid. Wouldn't be too hard to innocently screw up.
    Fair point, I can imagine someone taking some kind of flu remedy, or even just painkillers with a lot of caffeine or somesuch, which would actually throw up a positive result.
    A masking agent, however, is pretty specific, no? I can't imagine that any over-the-counter stuff has any masking properties.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    I asked my mate Lance and just about all diuretics are banned as masking agents... No idea what conditions would legitimately require those, that wouldn't pretty much put you out of high level sport anyway, mind. I suppose you get diuretic effects from some foods, maybe he ate a lot of meringues.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Clank wrote:
    njee20 wrote:
    To be fair, I'm probably more of a roadie than you. But I'm not an idiot. Must be tough for you.

Why would you make such an assumption on such a small amount of info ? You must be ace at evreything, how tedious. :roll:

Man, your trolling sucks my mums balls.

I think you've had a lot of practice at it.

...Sucking balls, that is. :lol:

FTFY

Quite a friendly lot in here, nice and welcoming. I'm off back to the darkside. :wink:
    I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast...
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Agree on the punishment being ridiculous, why not just let him off if they thought it was an innocent mistake, been better than a meaningless sanction IMO.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    Northwind wrote:
    I asked my mate Lance and just about all diuretics are banned as masking agents... No idea what conditions would legitimately require those, that wouldn't pretty much put you out of high level sport anyway, mind. I suppose you get diuretic effects from some foods, maybe he ate a lot of meringues.
    from the little i recall since my brother's competitive days, diuretics can be used to reduce body fluids in the hope of getting into a lower weight class. There's no weight classes in cycling, but i can imagine that some might try and reduce their bodyweight. Dehydrating yourself before riding a bike seems stupid though.
    I vaguely recall that diuretics are also banned, because of some link.with excessive caffeine intake.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,402
    depends if not taking the diuretic would mean you get caught....

If it was a mistake then surely it would have been better just to say so. It happened with Christope Bassons (of all people) at the French Marathon Champs too where he missed a test becasue he did nt finish the race and then went home. Strict Liability sucks, but it's really the only option!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Lagrange
    Lagrange Posts: 652
    Clank wrote:
    njee20 wrote:
    FTFY

Quite a friendly lot in here, nice and welcoming. I'm off back to the darkside. :wink:

OK - the doping issue. Normally you use a nitro based compound. For road bikes where weight is important you need to use a LEACHING nitro compound - this will penetrate the molecular structure of the frame. To Prep the frame - you seal all the welding holes, drain holes and bar ends, Get the Nitro compound - in this case Nitroglycering and carefully fill the frame with it. To prevent polymer cross linking you need to agitate the compound - just go down a cobble street - or run over your dog.

So we are not unwelcoming - you can stay here forever and your avatar is wonderfully suited to your conversion to the brotherhood of MTB. (Do you have any pics of your sisters breasts?) (minge?)
  • ooo we rim mashing a roady?
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Lagrange wrote:
    Clank wrote:
    njee20 wrote:
    FTFY

So we are not unwelcoming - you can stay here forever and your avatar is wonderfully suited to your conversion to the brotherhood of MTB. (Do you have any pics of your sisters breasts?) (minge?)

If not I can send you some [/standardgazlarstalkermode]
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • YeehaaMcgee
    cyd190468 wrote:
    You use diuretics so you won't look puffy for your interview.
    What?
    I guess you could, yeah, or you could also be using them to control blood pressure.
  • Northwind
    Or to flush the pipes as part of drug test dodging.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • YeehaaMcgee
    Ah yeah, that makes sense.
    Who the hell is Warnie though?
  • njee20
    Shane Warne the cricketist maybe? Dunno.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,402
    yep...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • YeehaaMcgee
    njee20 wrote:
    Shane Warne the cricketist maybe? Dunno.
    Is he the fella that won at x-factoring?
  • Seriously?

The greatest spin bowler the world has seen. Over 700 Test wickets.

You tube Search Gatting bowled round legs, not that you'd appreciate it.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    Yes seriously. Cricket? Who the flinking blip watches cricket? People who can't handle any more of the enthralling spectacle of solvents evaporating from paint, leaving a dry to the touch residue of coloured substance, so decide instead they need a more sedate viewing experience to calm their nerves?

doesn't even sound like a good cricketist if he got banned for drugs. He was probably on valium, so he could keep it together in the low risk world of standing in a field.

anyway, i digress, was he or was he not the singist bloke on the x-factor? Did he have to do that because he failed a wicket test or something?
  • njee20
    He was probably on valium, so he could keep it together in the low risk world of standing in a field.

:lol:
  • anyway, i digress, was he or was he not the singist bloke on the x-factor? Did he have to do that because he failed a wicket test or something?

Was not. That was dustbin man Shane I think. Not heard from him in a long time. Thankfuckforthat.
  • njee20
    Nah, Andy was the bin man IIRC, no idea what Shane's doing, he was in that 'Rock of Ages' show with Justin Lee-Collins a few months back according to a big billboard I ride past.

Unless he got into drugs and cricket.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    Or selling drugs to crickets. It's a lucrative market, albeit illegal.
  • njee20
    Or mashing up crickets and taking them intravenously. I imagine that would offer some sort of hallucinogenic properties.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    Now there's a complex business plan. Sell crank to crickets, then grind them up to make drugs for cricket playing cricketeers.
    it's the crank cricket, cricket cricketeer racket.
  • Northwind
    Uncompromising extremist
  • njee20
    Keep up, we know exactly who he is now, we're designing intricate business plans for elaborate insect based narcotic schemes.