Oscar Pistorius

rubertoe
rubertoe Posts: 3,994
edited February 2013 in Commuting chat
Who would of thought that THE global paralympic suparstar that he is would have been in the press today for all the wrong reasons..

clicky
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills

Comments

• Personally, I don't think he's got a leg to stand on :wink:
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • rubertoe
    Personally, I don't think he's got a leg to stand on :wink:

There will be plenty of puns; so I may as well get it in.

Who says romance is dead...
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

• The Police asked for an explanation of this tragic accident but Oscar was stumped...
  • I reckon he thought she was a replicant.
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    The Police asked for an explanation of this tragic accident but Oscar was stumped...

He was drunk apparently.

Roses are red, Violets are glorious, don't try to surprise Oscar Pistorious

(Two birds, one stone).
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Asprilla wrote:
    The Police asked for an explanation of this tragic accident but Oscar was stumped...

He was drunk apparently.

Ahhh, that explains it. I mean, let's be honest, who amongst us hasn't shot a girlfriend dead whilst we were drunk? At least once?..... Happened twice to me last year alone.

Looks like he won't be having to worry about whether he competes in the Olympics or Paralympics in Rio.......

Apparently it was a domestic dispute. Nothing to do with a presumption of burglary (which would be somewhat unlikely in a gated community with a big wall, electric fence and security guards)...... He's been charged with murder.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    It's a shame that this is only a UK forum; I'd love to see the NRA types trying to argue why it's still a good idea to keep a gun under your pillow...
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • asprilla
    Rolf F wrote:
    Asprilla wrote:

He was drunk apparently.

Ahhh, that explains it. I mean, let's be honest, who amongst us hasn't shot a girlfriend dead whilst we were drunk? At least once?..... Happened twice to me last year alone.

It was a joke about being legless, I was hoping someone else was going to knock it out of the park.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    Asprilla wrote:
    [...]
    (Two birds, one stone).
    More one bird, two bullets. Nice poem, though.
  • rolf_f
    Asprilla wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    Asprilla wrote:

He was drunk apparently.

It was a joke about being legless, I was hoping someone else was going to knock it out of the park.

You're being subtle on the internet. Don't let it happen again......
  • Wow. I bet he's feeling really cut up about that....
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • vermin
    vermin Posts: 1,739
    Rolf F wrote:
    Asprilla wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    Asprilla wrote:

He was drunk apparently.

You're being subtle on the internet. Don't let it happen again......

It wasn't subtle. How is the recovery from the bump on the head coming along?
  • anton1r
    anton1r Posts: 272
    From twitter:

"Roses are red, violets are glorious, don't try to sneak up on Oscar Pistorius.”

I know we shouldn't but...
    "I have a plan, a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a fox." (from the Blackadder TV series)
  • Rolf F wrote:
    Asprilla wrote:

He was drunk apparently.

Encouraging shooting one's girlfriend isn't cool. I'm surprised you'd suggest such a thing - only a real lowlife would actually do this. :roll:
  • davmaggs
    davmaggs Posts: 1,008
    TGOTB wrote:
    It's a shame that this is only a UK forum; I'd love to see the NRA types trying to argue why it's still a good idea to keep a gun under your pillow...

Living in S.A means you'd be insane not to keep a gun in the house.

Robbers there do a lot more than just take stuff. The naive British view that handing it all over will result in you being let go is very very stupid. In fact, it can be a stupid assumption in the UK too.
  • What did she do to deserve this - flaunt her legs and make him jealous?

936full-reeva-steenkamp.jpg
  • asprilla
    davmaggs wrote:
    TGOTB wrote:

Robbers there do a lot more than just take stuff. The naive British view that handing it all over will result in you being let go is very very stupid. In fact, it can be a stupid assumption in the UK too.

Massoof generalisation. I know lots of people who live in SA who don't keep guns in the house. Thinking about it, other than farmers, and servicing police / soldiers, I don't know anyone in sub-Saharan Africa who does keep a gun in the house.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,767
    What are the figures on gun use in the US. I can't remember exactly but if you keep a gun for your own safety and it is fired in the vast majority of cases it is used by one family member against another. If the gun is used when there is an intruder in the house it is more likely to be used by the intruder against you.
    But people feel safer with a gun. Personally, I'd go without a gun in the house.
  • rolf_f
    edited February 2013
    Rolf F wrote:
    Asprilla wrote:

He was drunk apparently.

Encouraging shooting one's girlfriend isn't cool. I'm surprised you'd suggest such a thing - only a real lowlife would actually do this. :roll:

I do apologise but my comment was meant to be ironic - apologies if yours was ironic too but it really didn't seem that way to me.

I've never actually shot a girlfriend - have you shill bid?
  • rolf_f
    Asprilla wrote:
    davmaggs wrote:
    TGOTB wrote:

Massoof generalisation. I know lots of people who live in SA who don't keep guns in the house. Thinking about it, other than farmers, and servicing police / soldiers, I don't know anyone in sub-Saharan Africa who does keep a gun in the house.

Particularly I expect those that live in heavily protected gated communities. If you live in one of those, and still feel you need a gun under the pillow, you can afford to find somewhere less crap to live. Still, it's not a relevant angle anymore.
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    all these jokes are in pretty poor taste TBH, whatever circumstances led to this are obviously very tragic and sad. He must be in a very dark place right now. Put yourself in his shoes for a second.
  • rolf_f
    all these jokes are in pretty poor taste TBH, whatever circumstances led to this are obviously very tragic and sad. He must be in a very dark place right now. Put yourself in his shoes for a second.

Agreed but probably better if people put themselves in her shoes - he's put himself where he is now; she is the one who was murdered.
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,632
    Come on Rolf...
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • Rolf F wrote:
    I do apologise but my comment was meant to be ironic - apologies if yours was ironic too but it really didn't seem that way to me.

I've never actually shot a girlfriend - have you shill bid?

As it happens I haven't done either (yet). But in a world where it seems commonplace to fix food or fuel prices, or the libor rate, or to avoid paying taxes, it is hardly the biggest crime in the world.
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    Apparently the story that she tried to surprise him for Valentines day isn't true and there are reports of arguments and domestic violence. It seems more likely that he shot her after a row with one of his guns.

If this is true, I don't think he's got a leg to stand on.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • rubertoe

:wink:

• Rolf F wrote:

Agreed but probably better if people put themselves in her shoes - he's put himself where he is now; she is the one who was murdered.

He doesn't appear to be sorry for what he's done. If fact as the Police led him away he had quite a spring in his step.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,767
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    Apparently the story that she tried to surprise him for Valentines day isn't true and there are reports of arguments and domestic violence. It seems more likely that he shot her after a row with one of his guns.

If this is true, I don't think he's got a leg to stand on.
    Why did he shoot her if he'd had a row with one of his guns? Strange chap.
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    Strange chap.

I think it would be fair to say he's not all there...
  • I'd heard that they'd had a row about starting a family - she said she didn't want the house full of ankle biters... then things got ugly.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter