Sat 16th Feb Morning Ride

2»

Comments

• cyclingprop
    cyclingprop Posts: 2,426
    In fairness, I'd forgotten the DP option - and being a member I really ought to head out for one...
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Could be keen to join if you don't mind?
    Can someone send the location on google maps. Not overly sure where 'market place' is. I imagine there might be more than 1 market place inside the m25? This is about as close as I could get to A (Kingston Gate) and B (Market Place)
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,350
    Where "B" is on your map is exactly the place. There is a pub near the marker called the druids head. I'll loiter outside of that.
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    edited February 2013
    Ok I'm on, my Brother isn't. 7:30 outside the pub.

Have revised and updated a route here for any Garminers:

http://connect.garmin.com/course/2880157#
  • pangolin
    I see you now give up a little way up Box Hill, and go around instead :)
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • Koncordski
    Koncordski Posts: 1,009
    I'm really tempted now, if it's ok I'll try and come along. If i'm not there don't wait but i'll try and get down for the start, I reserve the right to drop off the back if i run out of jelly babies. :wink:

#1 Brompton S2L Raw Lacquer, Leather Mudflaps
    #2 Boeris Italia race steel
    #3 Scott CR1 SL
    #4 Trek 1.1 commuter
    #5 Peugeot Grand Tourer (Tandem)
  • il_principe
    pangolin wrote:
    I see you now give up a little way up Box Hill, and go around instead :)

Good shout, edited. Bloody routing software!
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    Mind if I tag along? Also reserving the right to drop off the back like a pussy...
  • il_principe
    notsoblue wrote:
    Mind if I tag along? Also reserving the right to drop off the back like a pussy...

The more the merrier I'm sure.
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    Enjoy the ride. Unfortunately I'm on family duty tomorrow morning so can't make it, though I'll be doing pretty much the same route in the afternoon.

A word of advice, let IP take the lead through all of the Horton RB's and then after the last one (where you turn 90 degree left and roll down a gentle hill), ditch him on the sprint to the ped crossing ;) Strava segment is here, just be careful on the RB's, you can hit them all at pace, though if you mess it up its a nasty kiss with the curb and straight to the scene of the accident.
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    Wish I was coming but have plans and destroyed the legs getting home for good measure!
  • pangolin
    Yeah notsoblue (if you see this) anyone welcome.

See you guys in the morning.
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • il_principe
    Good ride chaps - at least for the part I was with you! Apologies for my (and my Garmin's) F*ckwittery.
  • edds
    edds Posts: 156
    Indeed thoroughly enjoyed it. Got to put into practice all of that drafting I witness others do on the commute.
    edd
    --
    FCN 4-5; Giant SRC 3; formally known as edduddiee
  • Anonymous
    Jolly good all around. Nice to meet you all. Fantastic ride after last weekend's outing had me looking at angle grinders on eBay to chop the bloody bike up!
  • notsoblue
    Thanks for the ride guys, good fun! :)

Edit: We did go up Leith Hill in the end by the way. Also, that awesome downhill was Coldharbour lane I think.
  • pangolin
    Yeah we went up Leith Hill, just from the opposite side. Nice ride all, good to meet you.
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • edds
    edds Posts: 156
    Just compared our two different rides (the section were Il Principle and I got "lost"). Check out how much further we went that you guys:

ride.jpg
    edd
    --
    FCN 4-5; Giant SRC 3; formally known as edduddiee
  • notsoblue
    I made up for that by getting everyone lost in Kingston on the way back....
  • pangolin
    I prefer Il Principe's track, where he clearly turns off his Garmin and gets a taxi up the hill.
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • Anonymous
    Ooooh. More hills. Can you send me the garmin connect link pls
  • vermin
    vermin Posts: 1,739
    Well ridden chaps; would have liked to have joined you, had I not been climbing mountains in Wales. Hope your ride finished as well as mine - a plate of eggs Florentine and a cup of Monmouth. Nom nom. :D
  • il_principe
    Pretty much. Plain poached eggs and Monmouth.

The route is the one I linked to on the 2nd page.
  • Koncordski
    Koncordski Posts: 1,009
    notsoblue wrote:
    I made up for that by getting everyone lost in Kingston on the way back....

Not a problem, i have zero navigation skills so happy to see so many Garmins. I'm glad we had the shorter route, it didn't feel like it at the time though. :cry:

My legs have deserved the two pints of guinness I plan on consuming whilst the missus wanders aimlessly around shops in Kingston. Good to meet you all. :)

#1 Brompton S2L Raw Lacquer, Leather Mudflaps
    #2 Boeris Italia race steel
    #3 Scott CR1 SL
    #4 Trek 1.1 commuter
    #5 Peugeot Grand Tourer (Tandem)
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,058
    Good ride chaps - at least for the part I was with you! Apologies for my (and my Garmin's) F*ckwittery.

You've got mail
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • okgo
    okgo Posts: 4,368
    Didn't see this, would have come along, and you wouldn't have got lost!

Next time though, weather should be better soon.
    Blog on my first and now second season of proper riding/racing - www.firstseasonracing.com
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,058
    edds wrote:
    Just compared our two different rides (the section were Il Principle and I got "lost"). Check out how much further we went that you guys:

ride.jpg

You get no sympathy for letting IP plan and guide a route, only Attica is worse IMO
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • cyclingprop
    cyclingprop Posts: 2,426
    The DP spin out was pleasant enough too. Nice to see you mister hope, but next time I'm going to either be in front of you or let someone else take your mud!
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?