Weight weenie seat post - Links needed please

2»

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Lovely thanks :)
  • Anonymous
    That would be perfect cyd190468 its just the 15mm layback that concerns me, I think my current one is 40, I wish I knew how much I needed and could figure this out :?
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    No way is it 40 - measure from the centre of the post to the centre of the clamp, it's about 25mm I'd say. I suspect you'd be fine with 16mm.
  • Anonymous
    I must be doing this wrong then mate :? let me fire some pics up that might better explain whats goin on.

This is a before and after shot of what me bike was like when new and what it was like when I upgraded the seat and seatpost.

Saved over half a kg by doing this and you could really tell, however I always felt I was sat way too forward on any steep inclines and in general when pedaling and holding the bars it just didn't feel as comfortable.

93722461.jpg

This is what it looks like today with the standard seat on, looking at it from the centre of the post to the center of the clamp its nearly 50mm so I take it I am measuring in the wrong place ?

77808797.jpg

I just want a circa 200g, layback seatpost that isn't going to have me sat over the bars which is going to give me the same or as close as poss positioning as I currently have.

Do you still think I will be ok with a 16mm layback ? or will it be just like the Ti ProLite I had ? I just dont want to make same mistake as last time.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Looks like you need about 30mm of layback.
  • Anonymous
    Finally I understand it.. only took me 2 days :lol: (sorry, hates being new) :oops:

Yes the clue is on the image, the seat rails go up to 30mm in increments of 5mm.

So I need a 30mm setback 31.6x350mm post (under 200g otherwise I might as keep my standard one) now I know what I am looking for the search can begin, phew thank god I didnt buy another zero setback post again! :D

I have found this mint one :

snap365.png

All the right dimensions and only 158g... watch it cost £300 or sommat silly now though.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this post, I hope it also goes to serve newbies who also dont understand about this setback / layback thing, now I can go and find me a post.

Cheers again everyone 8)
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    I was going to suggest Woodman, the EL is a good post, online inline though.