Had a crash this morning

2»

Comments

• warreng
    warreng Posts: 535
    First time back on commute on Monday - I think I'll have to change to brown lycra. I think it would be easier if the crash had been my fault - I could then have worked on eliminating my errors but given it came out of the blue, I'm terrified.

Still, new bike turned up - Cube Agree GTC Race. Looks nice
    2015 Cervelo S3
    2016 Santa Cruz 5010
    2016 Genesis Croix de Fer
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,336
    WarrenG wrote:
    First time back on commute on Monday - I think I'll have to change to brown lycra. I think it would be easier if the crash had been my fault - I could then have worked on eliminating my errors but given it came out of the blue, I'm terrified.

Still, new bike turned up - Cube Agree GTC Race. Looks nice

Try not to let it put you off and try not to ride 'timidly'. Confidence will return with time.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    I had the same problem after I got knocked off, lady came out of a side road in front of me. It took me around 2 weeks to start to relax again, just get back out there and ride, I don't think there's any other way of getting over it.
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Well done. Take it easy and enjoy the ride. As others have said, your confidence will return
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Yes yes all very well I'm glad youre okay and all that but more importantly was the policewoman hot?

pics?

Phone number at least?
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • warreng
    warreng Posts: 535
    itboffin wrote:
    Yes yes all very well I'm glad youre okay and all that but more importantly was the policewoman hot?

pics?

Phone number at least?

Just seen this - she was very hot. Although she was about 7 months pregnant

Bizarrely, very bizarrely, I bumped into her again about 6 weeks after my accident. My 9 year old lad decided to replicate his Dad and fall off his bike on Epsom Common - he ended up staying a few days in the Children's ward. I was wandering through the hospital on a visit when I saw the aforementioned police woman was standing in front of me with her baby. She assumed I'd been in the hospital recovering for over a month
    2015 Cervelo S3
    2016 Santa Cruz 5010
    2016 Genesis Croix de Fer