Chris Huhne's wife, should we hate her?

DonDaddyD
DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
edited February 2013 in Commuting chat
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21333624

I'm of the thought that what Chris Huhne's wife did (particpated in a lie and then revealed the truth as an act of public vengence) was infact worse than what he actually did.

Dicsuss.

My thoughts:

OK, what Chris Huhne did was wrong. He shouldn't have lied. At the time I'm sure it looked like the greater good. His career would have faultered had he have taken the points whereas it didn't really matter if his then wife - a very impressive and successful professional in her own right - did.

10 years on (and this is why people should consider spicing the sex up - men are simple creatures) Huhne, like most senior officials it seems, flipped off the pencil skirted younger lady who idolises him [Greg] and makes him feel 21 again - she's bisexual so there may have been added benefits or a spare pillow. So his wife divorces him, takes the kids - his son now hates him - and moves on. A divorce ensues where (quite possibly) she helps herself to a million or two of his personal assets, gets the kids and a monthly percentage of whatever he makes until he is dead or his kids are 33 - that's the standard divorce settlement these days right? Completed weighted fairly between man and woman :roll: .... anyway....

Was this enough, oh no? What comes next is the kind of f*cked up b*tchy thing you can only expect from a scorned women. Yes I'm saying this. She drags up a misdemeanor from 10 years prior that not only f*cks up his career but is likely to send him to prison. And we are OK with this?

And for you grumble bums. No! What Chris did was not OK, but I'm of the thought that what his wife has chosen to do is far worse.

All he did was lie to avoid three points on his license which may have had a significant influence on his career. What she has done is ruined his career and destroyed his life.
Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game

Comments

• I think they call it "cutting your nose off to spite your face"
    '12 CAAD 8 Tiagra
  • apreading
    apreading Posts: 4,535
    As far as I see it, they are BOTH guilty of purjery and perverting the course of justice.
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    edited February 2013
    As the saying goes... "A woman scorned" an all that...

As you'll answer it, take heed
    This Slave commit no Violence upon
    Himself. I've been deceiv'd. The Publick Safety
    Requires he should be more confin'd; and none,
    No not the Princes self, permitted to
    Confer with him. I'll quit you to the King.
    Vile and ingrate! too late thou shalt repent
    The base Injustice thou hast done my Love:
    Yes, thou shalt know, spite of thy past Distress,
    And all those Ills which thou so long hast mourn'd;
    Heav'n has no Rage, like Love to Hatred turn'd,
    Nor Hell a Fury, like a Woman scorn'd.

Bill Congrave - 1697

Nothings changed in 400 years.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • DonDaddyD
    Given his job, he should lose his elected seat, job and etc. Whether he can make a comeback I'm not sure if convicted of a crime he legally can, but assuming he is allowed to do so then I don't see why not. I also think he needs to pay back some of the money he got from losing his seat - maybe have his pension torn up.

At the same time I think a case should be bought against her as well.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • One way or the other he had to pay the Pryce.
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    edited February 2013
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    OK, what Chris Huhne did was wrong. He shouldn't have lied. At the time I'm sure it looked like the greater good. His career would have faultered had he have taken the points whereas it didn't really matter if his then wife - a very impressive and successful professional in her own right - did.

All he did was lie to avoid three points on his license which may have had a significant influence on his career. What she has done is ruined his career and destroyed his life.

Except that a week or so later the brain dead pillock got banned anyway for using his mobile phone whilst driving. And what a lot of faltering his career had as a result of that. :wink:

He's destroyed his own career - you've got to do a lot worse than get a driving ban to screw your political career; he did this solely for his own convenience.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    As bad as each other.

They should both go to prison for perjury - simple.

I think it goes to prove that there are some completely sh1t people out there that care for nothing and no one except themselves, not even their own kids. And these people are in often in positions of power and respect. Ruthlessly calculating, politically minded, probably take very little responsibility for anything and basically ar$eholes.

Hope they both go to prison.
  • herb71
    herb71 Posts: 253
    I don't really care who is more wrong or more right. As far as I am concerned Chris 'Corby Trouser Press' Huhn deserves everything he has coming to him.

Unfortunately this is probably not the last we have heard of him. Jonathan Aitken is already panicking about the loss of income. He will no longer be the go to guy when the BBC need to wheel out a pundit to talk about prison reform.
  • davmaggs
    davmaggs Posts: 1,008
    Huhne has always been a bullsh***r of the highest order.

He's one of the few politicians that would come on R4 or other serious interviews and just lie, blatantly lie, and keep going by using aggression to beat the presenter down into giving up and moving on. The others may duck and dive, but his tactics were always to my mind weasel-like and belittling. I suspect that behind the scenes he was a nightmare for Clegg and others.

I think this caused his fall. He thought that shouting and menacing public officials would make them (the grubby little people) give up. He kept going and going behind the scenes using every legal trick, and only gave in when in the actual dock.

Whatever you say about how he got there, he lied until the very end. It was only the threat of massive retribution that has made him admit it, but which time he burned his entire family.

So, in short. Good news, he deserves it all.
  • Sewinman
    Sewinman Posts: 2,131
    I would imagine he did something that a rather a lot of couples have considered/done...all part of being a 'team'. The trouble is they stopped being a team and she seems to have decided to ruin him. I wonder if she has resigned too....

Sour faced little piglet of a woman really, no wonder he went walkies. His son seems to have inherited her histrionics too.

I feel sorry for him, seemed a reasonably decent bloke and very talented. We've lost one of the better ones. *Tut*
  • Koncordski
    Koncordski Posts: 1,009
    It's pretty funny, she helps him out. He gets bored a few years later and bonks his legal aide. She grasses him up to the papers for revenge and they both end up in prison. Sells a lot of newspapers.

#1 Brompton S2L Raw Lacquer, Leather Mudflaps
    #2 Boeris Italia race steel
    #3 Scott CR1 SL
    #4 Trek 1.1 commuter
    #5 Peugeot Grand Tourer (Tandem)
  • DonDaddyD
    There are politicians who have told far worse lies and are still MPs.
    Food Chain number = 4

• rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,336
    He's already indicated that he does not intend to return to politics in the future.

Hate? What on earth for? I can't see any argument that her crime is 'worse'. Arguably she was exposing a crime, which (so she is arguing) she was pressured into becoming involved in by her husband. If she was willingly involved in the deception, then they are both as guilty as each other. The 'vengeance' angle is entirely beside the point, and is only being picked up because it confirms with some archaic cliche about women being more vengeful than men. Women are regularly assaulted and killed by vengeful men, but nobody wheels out a bit of 17th century poetry about that.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • davmaggs
    Sewinman wrote:
    I would imagine he did something that a rather a lot of couples have considered/done...all part of being a 'team'. The trouble is they stopped being a team and she seems to have decided to ruin him. I wonder if she has resigned too....

Sour faced little piglet of a woman really, no wonder he went walkies. His son seems to have inherited her histrionics too.

I feel sorry for him, seemed a reasonably decent bloke and very talented. We've lost one of the better ones. *Tut*

I don't understand the view that somehow the nation has lost (repeated in a sickly Guardian comment piece today). First of all what talent did he actually have in politics?

He committed a crimincal offence, no-one made him do it, and he could have ended the whole thing years ago. He is a millionaire to boot and could have taken the ban too. At every stage he has displayed a lack of personal integrity.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    There are politicians who have told far worse lies and are still MPs.

Indeed. So the comparatively minor offence of a driving ban shouldn't have worried him (as indeed it turned out not to be a problem). But, in truth, he lied because he was arrogant and he got what he deserved. He doesn't sound like a pleasant person so he can hardly be surprised if his ex Missus decides to do a dirty on him.

It's another Armstrong case. If you are high profile and want to break the law, the lesson is to be nice to people and then they won't be so keen to destroy you.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • jonomc4
    jonomc4 Posts: 891
    Bit sad to loose a job and career over something so minor. I don't actually like the guy but really the price he has paid for speeding is way too high - people get less for killing a cyclist (virtually always).

Wife is a bitch for sure and I would have divorced the ugly old trout anyway.

My politically correct rant is now over :)
  • Sewinman
    Re - what have we lost: Highly intelligent and well educated man, successful career in the City, excellent economics writer and journalist, successful international negotiator and well respected MP.

There are not a lot of his calibre in Westminster.
  • chilling
    chilling Posts: 267
    jonomc4 wrote:
    Bit sad to loose a job and career over something so minor.

He lost his job and career for perverting the course of justice not for a motoring offence.
  • davmaggs
    jonomc4 wrote:
    Bit sad to loose a job and career over something so minor. I don't actually like the guy but really the price he has paid for speeding is way too high - people get less for killing a cyclist (virtually always).

He hasn't paid any price for speeding, he is being charged with breaking the law to avoid what would have been a trivial matter.

Same as the judge in Australia that committed perjury to avoid a ticket for a couple hundred dollars. The judge, like Hulne decided the rules he applied to others weren't for him. Paying the fine would have taken far less effort, and the courts take a very dim view of those in authority using their power and money to string out the process.

If the courts want every other witness to tell the truth then they have to lock up people caught telling lies otherwise it would be a free for all.
  • gtvlusso
    Should both Huhne and Pryce go to prison - do you think that their careers are f*cked?

Nah - he will still get a top job in the city post being a jailbird, she will too. He will already have an exit strategy from jail and into a top job.....

People like that can lie to constituents, lie to each other, lie to their kids and be complete scum - but they will always out earn the rest of us.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    jonomc4 wrote:
    the price he has paid for speeding is way too high
    But he's not paying the price for speeding - he could have chosen to do that, couldn't he?
    He's paying the price for perverting the course of justice, not to mention conspiring with someone who he then dumped - both of which are not just immoral, but spectacularly stupid: which makes me wonder - I really don't know a lot about him but it doesn't chime very well with
    sewinman wrote:
    Highly intelligent and well educated man, successful career in the City, excellent economics writer and journalist, successful international negotiator and well respected MP
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Was this enough, oh no? What comes next is the kind of f*cked up b*tchy thing you can only expect from a scorned women. Yes I'm saying this. She drags up a misdemeanor from 10 years prior that not only f*cks up his career but is likely to send him to prison. And we are OK with this?
    Yes. He cheated on her she has the right to f**k up his life as fully as she can / wishes to.

However she should go to jail for being a stupid bint and taking the points in the first place.
  • gtvlusso
    The only reason Huhne has pleaded guilty now is to implicate her - they are clearly both guilty of perjury.

He has already, more than likely, organised a well paid job in the city after the trial/any jail time. She will be doing just the same. These are well connected slimebags out for themselves.....there mates and schoolmates will see that they are not cold and starving.
  • Sewinman
    There is more than a strong whiff of the medieval about some of these posts. Burn him!
  • cyclingprop
    cyclingprop Posts: 2,426
    DonDaddyD wrote:

(In theory) you can't buy and sell cases in this country.
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,313
    Its not even his fault. He inherited those 3 points from Labour.

:wink:
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • davmaggs
    Sewinman wrote:
    There is more than a strong whiff of the medieval about some of these posts. Burn him!

I'd say he is because for those who follow politics he is particularly charmless. Simply watch the BBC news reruns of his past statements and he was all for criminals getting their just desserts, and now the public has found out that he really meant other people, and not himself.

I'd bet a tenner that Clegg is smiling no end at home. He suffered Hulne's tactics in the past, and now gets to drive his car and sleep at home in a nice bed.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,313
    DonDaddyD wrote:

(In theory) you can't buy and sell cases in this country.

She is in court today, is she not?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • gtvlusso
    davmaggs wrote:
    Sewinman wrote:

I'd say he is because for those who follow politics he is particularly charmless. Simply watch the BBC news reruns of his past statements and he was all for criminals getting their just desserts, and now the public has found out that he really meant other people, and not himself.

I'd bet a tenner that Clegg is smiling no end at home. He suffered Hulne's tactics in the past, and now gets to drive his car and sleep at home in a nice bed.

And not fear 'the shower'....
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    I hope it really screw's him up.

The initail crime was not particularly bad, and it would hardly have had any mention in any media. It would not have affected his career and would probably have inconvenienced him a little.
    However, he decided to lie. This then is the nub of it, once he has embarked on that course how can you trust the guy. I am not familiar with his personal relationship with his wife and whether he lied/cheated/abused/cajoled or whatever. But what is completely laid bare is that he lied about the original offence, and even when that was cast up, all along has blatently and barfaced lied, lied, lied.

The original trivial matter is now inconsequencial, and it is how he has had shown complete contempt for the law, and has blatently and publically lied about it that is now in full glaring headlights. This simply highlights how you cannot trust this guy. I care not how well some people think he has performed, the man cannot be trusted.

He simply should be shunned.

The wife, well, she was complicit in the original incident, but none of us know how much pressure he put her under to take the rap. She has outed the truth, very probably for her own reasons, and probably because of his behaviour.
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"