supplements for weight loss

clunkychunky
clunkychunky Posts: 178
Does anyone know of any good appetite suppressants / fat metabolisers that actually work?
(preferably ones which arent high in caffeine such as thermobol).

Thanks

Comments

• team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Almonds are good appetite suppressants.

Green tea is a fat metaboliser.

Don't suppose this really answers your question, but it's a nice snack :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    I find mediating upon rule #5 is a good appetite suppressant.
  • danowat
    danowat Posts: 2,877
    Anything outside of prescription medication doesn't work.

Try Orlistat, that works, to a degree, but the side effects are horrendous, I was prescribed it when I was alot bigger.

Bottomline, diet and exercise are the only things that work, accept it now and save time and money.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Smoking, apparently.
  • cheers for the replies.

trying to get down to my target weight (for the season) but have plateaued and cant seem to shift the final few lbs, plus seem to be very hungry most of the time :cry:
    dr wont prescribe anything because in his words i am not over weight.
    they never seem to understand the importance of shedding a bit of excess weight for the purposes of racing do they?!! :lol:

will give green tea and almonds a go.
  • styxd
    styxd Posts: 3,234
    Try eating a bit more. Maybe some carb cycling? Or a bit of IF?
  • Tom Dean
    Tom Dean Posts: 1,723
    Did you seriously go to the doctor with this? 'the final few pounds'
  • danowat
    danowat Posts: 2,877
    Water is a good appetite suppressant
  • ut_och_cykla
    ut_och_cykla Posts: 1,594
    YEah - I was going to write - drink plenty of water - protein drinks have few calories for good filling effect. Keep busy at times you know you like to nibble. Check out the stuff the body building sites sell - mixtures of coffiene & green tea and chili powder. (yuck!!) BUT BE CAREFUL - some will keep you awake all night /cause heart arythmias and some just might have prohibited substances in them 'by accident'.
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    Tom Dean wrote:

There are people seriously ill FFS :!:
  • Tom Dean wrote:

lol. no, i went to see him about the unusual appitite (constant hunger) - thought it best check that everything was ok.
  • EC/ECA stack. For about a week you're happy eating only a lettuce leaf a day. After that it wears off, but apparently still promotes fat loss THERMOGENICALLY. That's totally a word.

NB this is banned in competition (NOT banned out of competition though).

Obviously, like all substances from water through orange juice and EPO to kerosene, some people have consumed too much of it and died. Take at your own risk
  • stueys
    stueys Posts: 1,332
    Calorie count and low intensity exercise.
  • ben@31
    ben@31 Posts: 2,327
    Being mentally strong is a good appetite suppressant. You could put a jam donut covered in sugar , succulent slice of pizza with lots of toppings or a McDonald's meal in front of me and I'll ignore it and leave it where it is.

Its easy, I associate them with fat evilness and I don't need them.

Also, if you don't have it in your fridge / cupboards, you can't eat it.
    "The Prince of Wales is now the King of France" - Calton Kirby
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    ben@31 wrote:
    Being mentally strong is a good appetite suppressant. You could put a jam donut covered in sugar , succulent slice of pizza with lots of toppings or a McDonald's meal in front of me and I'll ignore it and leave it where it is.

Its easy, I associate them with fat evilness and I don't need them.

What you have described there isn't food. Trev? Trev? TREV?
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    If you eat white bread/pastry/white rice etc processed food your blood glucose goes up really fast and really high triggering a massive insulin response and this causes a massive drop in blood glucose, (part of insulin's job is to store fat so you don't want to produce too much insulin) it's this low blood sugar that tells your brain that you are hungry.

If you eat complex carbs wholewheat bread brown rice etc less processed food your blood glucose goes up less and slower and produces less insulin, your digestion is slower and your blood sugar remains more level so you don't feel hungry so quickly after eating.

Increased fibre also slows blood glucose rising as does fat so for example a wholemeal bread cheese sandwich will make you feel fuller for longer than white bread jam sandwich.

IMO I think this is probably better than carb mouthwash in making you feel less hungry :wink:
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • nick-gti
    nick-gti Posts: 131
    there is no magic pill that can be purchased legally which will help you lose weight

Drink plenty of water, eat less and move more simple as that there is no voodoo to losing weight
  • Strith
    Strith Posts: 541
    EC/ECA stack. For about a week you're happy eating only a lettuce leaf a day. After that it wears off, but apparently still promotes fat loss THERMOGENICALLY. That's totally a word.

NB this is banned in competition (NOT banned out of competition though).

Obviously, like all substances from water through orange juice and EPO to kerosene, some people have consumed too much of it and died. Take at your own risk

This has worked for a couple of guys I work with who are gym freaks. They tell me the ECA stuff you can buy in this country doesn't work as the tablets don't contain ephadrine. They use some cocktail of drugs they buy from canada, literally one of them was only eating a snickers bar for lunch a day and that was it.

One of the guys stopped after a week as he wasn't feeling well, but one of the guys was using the stuff for nearly three months!!! until he wet himself in the office!!! They've now both stopped and began to rapidly gain weight as their diets are shit.

I wouldn't touch the stuff, I don't need to anyway, but it does work.
  • ju5t1n
    ju5t1n Posts: 2,028
    I find eggs stop me feeling hungry.

If you think you need pills to help with weight loss then you’re probably not in the right frame of mind to diet effectively
  • Read Soni's 'weight loss' thread. It'll make you feel so ill that eating will be the last thing on your mind.
    Is the gorilla tired yet?
  • mwf28
    mwf28 Posts: 37
    I have to agree with everybody else ,thereare no instant weight loss pills or potions...The only way is diet and exercise,,looking at the junk calories you might consume in day/week ,sneaky biscuits ,breakfast ceral loaded with sugar ,stick to porridge or oat bran museli.
    If you drink at the weekend, wine has the same calories as a slice of cake !!!!!beer i think is as bad?

Natural weight loss supplements i believe might help with weight loss,are;

GREEN TEA ,
    N-ACETYL-L-CARNITINE
    UDOs CHOICE OIL
    GINGER

I drink green tea ,take 2 large tablespoons od UDOs oil a day..Never used n-acetyl l carnitine ,though i have used l-carntitine when i was into body -building 13 years ago...
    You could try ECA as well.
    But in reality,its hard work and diet,,,If you do feel hungry all the time ,try just eating six small meals a day,packed with complex and wholegain carbs,snack on almonds,nuts,rice cakes...etc..
  • Liposuction? Or a hoover and a Stanley knife? Same thing really.
  • Thanks for all the replies.

I know its hard work which pays dividends at end of day. Its just frustrating having fought pretty hard to get so close to target weight and then for the final hurdle proving very difficult.

I think staying busy is a key to it. When busy hunger seems to disappears.

Dont think i would ever want to go as far as ec/eca stack. Read too many horror stories involving heart attacks!
  • styxd
    styxd Posts: 3,234
    Thanks for all the replies.

I know its hard work which pays dividends at end of day. Its just frustrating having fought pretty hard to get so close to target weight and then for the final hurdle proving very difficult.

Dont think i would ever want to go as far as ec/eca stack. Read too many horror stories involving heart attacks!

What is target weight? If you're an athlete, I would've thought your bodyfat percentage is more important.

If you've got a six pack then you're probably doing alrite. Your weight doesnt matter to much anyway, unless you're racing uphills?
  • ben@31
    ben@31 Posts: 2,327
    ShutUpLegs wrote:
    What you have described there isn't food. Trev? Trev? TREV?

I know, I think the same, thats why I won't eat them. But I know plenty of unfit people who live off the stuff.
    "The Prince of Wales is now the King of France" - Calton Kirby
  • Thanks for all the replies.

Fair enough. I suspect the vast majority of those who have heart attacks subscribe to the "if 1 is good, then 254 must be better, right?" line of reasoning. You can buy Eph in boots http://www.boots.com/en/Do-Do-ChestEze- ... ts_865754/ without a prescription, so it can hardly be that dangerous