My Sunday Best

not-another-hillǃ
not-another-hillǃ Posts: 1,310
edited February 2013 in Your road bikes
Thought it was about time to post a pic of my Wilier Izoard - sorry for non-OCP pics NapD - new pics soon :wink:

8280511661_a9d774b090_c.jpg

This is how I picked her up from BR member What Brakes (thanks!) - she was in immaculate unmarked condition - beautiful to look at and to ride. Done about 1000 miles last year and still love her and she still looks great

I've changed a few bits in the year or so I've had her..
The upside down Specialized stem ( :? ) was swapped for a black and red 3T ARX pro stem and the Pro-Lite bars have gone for a set of 3T Biomorphe carbon jobbies - although I have a shiny set of FSA Plasma's waiting to go on :D
The bar tape is now white, although I'm thinking black would look better with the Plasma's?
The Selle Italia saddle went for a white Charge Spoon and the black ITM carbon wrapped post went for a white full carbon FSA K-Force layback post.
The front mech has been changed to Record and I'm in the process of swapping out all the Chorus/Centaur group for Record or S/Record......I love the clean lines of the shifter cables all hidden away at the front end.
Wheels are next - whilst the Racing 5's are great for the money, I'm thinking Cosmic Carbones...?

Any comments or feedback welcome..........will post new OCP compliant pics once the Plasma's are on..

Comments

• zx6man
    zx6man Posts: 1,092
    Needs a front basket. :-)
  • schweiz
    schweiz Posts: 1,644
    white saddle = white bar tape </discussion> :wink:
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    Dunno, I think the white matching the white top tube and the red bar tape matching the red headtube works.
  • Thanks for the comments...

It currently has White bar tape, but I have thought about the whole "colour continuation" thing....
    So, I have a White seatpost leading up to a White saddle from the White part of the frame.
    I'm thinking about red or black bar tape on the Plasma's to continue the red front end...
    I'm also thinking about different colour bottle cages....black for the down tube, red for the seat tube...

Thoughts?
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    If you get Ritchey WCS you can have white seat post and red bars and stem so you will be completely coordinated.
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • And it would look lovely with your American Classics on it!!! :)
  • smidsy
    edited January 2013
    And it would look lovely with your American Classics on it!!! :)

Don't tempt me I have already nearly sold them once but decided against it at the last minute (sorry to whoever that was).

Problem is if I do sell them I need to give Paolo a chunk of cash for the handbuilts I would need :|

Edit: These are what now adorn the CAAD.

8389636853_3b90cd55a9_c_d.jpg
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • robklancs
    robklancs Posts: 498
    Love the willier, the frame design and colours flow beautifully and look so fast but I can sense this one is deeply upset due to your gear selection!
  • Yes Smidsy, I know...it was me you were going to sell them to!! :D

Robklancs.... :lol: that's the gear it was in when I picked it up!!!! I took the photo as soon as I got it off the back of my car....as you can see, there's no pedals o. It, so I couldn't have ridden it in that gear!!!

And yes she is fast, both on the road and standing still...
  • robklancs
    robklancs Posts: 498
    A likely tale............. Any chance of some new pics?
  • letap73
    letap73 Posts: 1,608
    280882519101_-89445036.JPG

This saddle would go lovely with your bike!
  • Nice I love red n white bikes in fact I just love bikes :lol:
  • lawrences
    lawrences Posts: 1,011
    White saddle, White bar tape and White shoes.
  • New pics posted on Sunday..... :D
  • So here's the latest picture (hopefully I've complied with the OCP rules :) )

8400921487_201da11f5a_c.jpg

Bars stripped ready for removal, and replacement with these beauties on Wednesday..

8402010592_31eeaf5998_b.jpg

Can't wait to see how it rides, feels and looks........just need this snow to pi55 off!
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    saddle and bar tape to match.. and stem is the wrong way up
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2
  • Saddle and bartape did match before I removed it........but I can't decide on whether to do the Plasma's in white or black bartape though... :?

With bar and stem combo, I've no danger of fitting them upside down now - it'll be slammed!
  • smidsy
    Well you can more or less see what black looks like in the photo where you have removed the tape.

Not for me that.

I would say white or indeed the red like you used to have.

Ofcourse this is all very subjective - despite the velominati rules on such subjects.
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • Wanna sell me your American Classics yet Smidsy??? :D
  • smidsy
    Not yet

Here they are on the Basso just to make sure you still like them :-)

8325792481_50d1a64e1a_z_d.jpg
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • yeah, I like your Basso, bit small for me, but I hired one in Majorca last year...lovely ride.....and yes, I still like your wheels, although I'm saving for some Cosmic Carbones now :D
  • New Pic with FSA Plasmas fitted and taped up.....

8446334050_6415cc734c_b.jpg

Hope you like it....

next stop - new wheels!
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    Not-another-hill! - a great improvement
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2
  • Bars and position looks spot on, very nice.

Much difference in the bars? Am in the market for something similar.
    Kuota Kharma Race [Dry/Sunny]
    Raleigh Airlite 100 [Wet/Horrible]
  • Thans for the comments guys

Ive only stuck it on the turbo so far to make sure I got the lever position right. Theres a definite difference in the height/reach as Im not used to a zero degree stem rise.....Ive always had 6 or 7 degree rise, so Im leaning further down and further forward but I thought that might happen so compensated by ordering a pair of bars with a slightly shorter stem than I was used.....feels ok.
    Wont get the bike out until some good weather is here, so its restricted to turbo sessions or wall art at present!
  • more tinkering....

new bottle cages

8460229439_e27911b841_c.jpg

new Fizik Antares

8461329954_e74ec36ab9_z.jpg

New Plasma bars all wrapped up

8460231671_d100a3d370_z.jpg

8460228261_89bfe9a5a7_z.jpg

and the finished product.....

8461326910_95a6fb7ebe_z.jpg

....just need some new wheels now....
  • Looks spot on, love the bike and really like the bars, can't help but notice you've taped over the edge of the hoods or is that just the photo
    Felt AR3 2015
    Cannondale Supersix Evo 2016
  • Thanks for the positive omments....I really like the way its looking.

I have taped over the hoods as Im about to buy some white hoods, so they'll go over the top of the tape...
  • Thanks for the positive omments....I really like the way its looking.

I have taped over the hoods as Im about to buy some white hoods, so they'll go over the top of the tape...

That would explain it then, IMHO the white hoods could possibly be a bit to much white. The black just sets it off a little better. But that's just my thought, you'd have to put a photo up when you've changed them. Still looks good though.
    Felt AR3 2015
    Cannondale Supersix Evo 2016
  • Thanks - yeah, not sure on the white hoods....Ill get a pair and see what it looks like. The black ones are in perfect nick, so I can always swap them back again if I dont like it.
    Finally got some new wheels yesterday too, so Ill post some new pics when Ive fitted those. :D
    Any pics of your XP?