Getting into Strava

2»

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Therein lies the issue with Strava, on road I'm on my commuter which is 10Kg plus circa 5Kg of kit in panniers, no way can I compete with a bare road bike or TT bike, at least on MTB sections I know it's pretty much a like for like MTB I'm up against!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Therein lies the issue with Strava, on road I'm on my commuter which is 10Kg plus circa 5Kg of kit in panniers, no way can I compete with a bare road bike or TT bike, at least on MTB sections I know it's pretty much a like for like MTB I'm up against!

Well, in Premium, you can see the leaderboard by age & weight. But, yes, if you handicap yourself with a massive load and a slow bike, you can't expect to be the fastest up a hill. Some of my local loop was the location for a TT race. Suffice it to say I won't be troubling the top of those leaderboards any time soon. What you do have in your favour though, as a commuter, is that you ride the route most days and you're likely to hit a segment on a day when the conditions are optimum (lovely warm day with a strong following wind and your legs are feeling strong) - that makes all the difference. You'll also soon realise that the winter months are rarely those for taking KoMs
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Don't need premium to get age/weight breakdown!

Uphill - weight
    Flat/Downhill - aero drag from panniers

My only KOM was despite it being wet and me backing off for corners, on a dry day........
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.