Who do you want to see do well during the 2013 Season?

2»

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,179
    ratsbeyfus wrote:
    ABC - Anyone But Contador... though he'll probably clean up and send pro-cycling even further in the mire.

I thought we all wanted him to clean up, isn't that the issue :wink:

I forgot to add, I'd like to see Kittel do well and for some really exciting 3 way sprints at the big races between him, Cav and Greipel (with maybe Sagan getting stuck in on a few stages).
  • On_What
    On_What Posts: 516
    Piere Rolland - because he's showed promise and tenacity so far
    Wiggo - because I am a fanboy :roll:
    Dan Martin deserves a stage of the Tour
    Cav to rebuild his career at OPQS and take green jersey

JTL to produce a glimpse in his first year
  • Nick Fitt
    Nick Fitt Posts: 381
    Stybar in a classic. OPQS on the whole to have a great season

Pinot. FdJ to step it up in the Tour

Others;
    JTL and G Thomas

And of course "Wiggo, wiggo, wiggo"
  • chrisday
    chrisday Posts: 300
    Stannard and G to monster one or more Northern Classics
    Like everyone else, see Chinny vs. Tommeke in same
    Wiggo to boss Giro
    Cav to win lots and lots

Assorted "just like em, don't care where they do well":
    His Nibs
    Pip Giblet
    Cuddles
    Sagan (and a return for Tweeter Sagan, too, please!)
    Tankink
    Kittel
    @shraap | My Men 2016: G, Yogi, Cav, Boonen, Degenkolb, Martin, J-Rod, Kudus, Chaves
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,095
    Lizzie Armitstead
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • pat1cp
    pat1cp Posts: 766
    Thibaut Pinot. Outstanding prospect or yet another French false dawn ? I hope the former.
  • Wiggins for Giro (but think it's going to be tricky)

Froomedog for TDF (after Brad ostentatiously stops for an ice cream in TT enabling Froome to overtake him on GC)

Pinot for TDF stage wins (and more Madiot car door-bothering opportunities)

Henao for Vuelta (dropping Contador on the Angliru)

Stannard for Roubaix (oh yes, you know it makes sense)

Cav to generally get his mojo back (no more Sadface Cav please)

EBH for MSR (beating Sadface Boonen)

Nordhaug for LBL or Amstel (ginger Norwegian power for the win)
  • Nick Fitt
    Nick Fitt Posts: 381
    pat1cp wrote:
    Thibaut Pinot. Outstanding prospect or yet another French false dawn ? I hope the former.

Yup I'm with you on this. Lets hope the now 'even playing field' brings on a French champion of something other than the National Championship if you see what I mean.
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,314
    Bo!!ocks... was going to say Durbridge last week before Oz Nat TT champs, now he goes and wins the road title.
    In any flattish TTs this year, think he's going to come of age against Martin, Wiggins, Cancellara and Phinney, etc...

JTL - Still the creator of my favourite race finale on the telly of 2012... (skip to about 17 mins if you only want to catch the end). I know I've posted it before, but each time I watch it, I see a new nuance
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cp-U1jvmfLA
    Seriously; at 20:08 the Mavic so-called "neutral" service moto comes up to the breakaway leader on the climb (Julien Fares) to tell him that it's kicking off behind in the chase group. What he actually meant was that JTL was in the process of utterly dropping some of the riders who treat such climbs as their fav terrain (Gilbert, Voeckler, Pinot, etc..).

Ordinarily, such climbs see even the best riders only managing to creep away from their rivals to gain what amounts to a few second by the finish - check out Cataldo dropping De Gendt on Cuitu Negru in the Vuelta: only 7 seconds at the finish; same with Denis *Hoyk-chew* Menchov and Porte on that other stage...

This geezer is the real deal. He sealed the gig with Sky after apparently cranking out the wattage with the Tour squad riders in Tenerife during training tests (I'd LOVE to see the data from that).
    Brailsford and BC head honchos gave him sharp-end duties at the Worlds; not only did he cope with the Bertie accelerations on the climb, he finished in the group only a handful of seconds behind Gilbert. I seem to remember DB struggling to contain himself at his admiration and excitement at JTL's prospects...

...Sorry - went off on one a bit there - Can you tell I'm a fan?

EBH - about time he made good on big one? I'm thinking LBL, for some reason... just a hunch (or maybe just wind).

Armitstead
    G
    Stannard
    Bibby
    Cummings (I'm hoping that he'll get on one this season to match all his Homies who are ruling the roost)
  • OCDuPalais wrote:
    Bo!!ocks... was going to say Durbridge last week before Oz Nat TT champs, now he goes and wins the road title.
    In any flattish TTs this year, think he's going to come of age against Martin, Wiggins, Cancellara and Phinney, etc...

JTL - Still the creator of my favourite race finale on the telly of 2012... (skip to about 17 mins if you only want to catch the end). I know I've posted it before, but each time I watch it, I see a new nuance
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cp-U1jvmfLA
    Seriously; at 20:08 the Mavic so-called "neutral" service moto comes up to the breakaway leader on the climb (Julien Fares) to tell him that it's kicking off behind in the chase group. What he actually meant was that JTL was in the process of utterly dropping some of the riders who treat such climbs as their fav terrain (Gilbert, Voeckler, Pinot, etc..).

Ordinarily, such climbs see even the best riders only managing to creep away from their rivals to gain what amounts to a few second by the finish - check out Cataldo dropping De Gendt on Cuitu Negru in the Vuelta: only 7 seconds at the finish; same with Denis *Hoyk-chew* Menchov and Porte on that other stage...

This geezer is the real deal. He sealed the gig with Sky after apparently cranking out the wattage with the Tour squad riders in Tenerife during training tests (I'd LOVE to see the data from that).
    Brailsford and BC head honchos gave him sharp-end duties at the Worlds; not only did he cope with the Bertie accelerations on the climb, he finished in the group only a handful of seconds behind Gilbert. I seem to remember DB struggling to contain himself at his admiration and excitement at JTL's prospects...

...Sorry - went off on one a bit there - Can you tell I'm a fan?

EBH - about time he made good on big one? I'm thinking LBL, for some reason... just a hunch (or maybe just wind).

Armitstead
    G
    Stannard
    Bibby
    Cummings (I'm hoping that he'll get on one this season to match all his Homies who are ruling the roost)

Get in OCDP! Nothing wrong with some JTL love. For a Brit who enjoys watching other Brits he has to be one of the most exciting elements of the coming season. Some people like to speculate b&*locks about whether at Sky he'll be made to ditch what makes him so exciting to watch as a climber with his accelerations, in favour of the steady high cadenced climbing favoured by Wiggins (and Froome). Balls to that, I say, DB knows what he has in JTL that makes him so special - which is why I think we'll see him let rip in the Ardennes.

Re Bibby, did you see that he came 2nd in the CX Nats today?

As for Durbridge, Phinney gave an interview at the BMC presentation on Friday and he was giving off the 'I want to beat Martin and Cancellara next year'. He's overlooked Durbo and forgotten about the guy who dominated the Olympic TT in which he came 4th - Sir Brad of the Wiggins.
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,314
    Phinney gave an interview at the BMC presentation on Friday and he was giving off the 'I want to beat Martin and Cancellara next year'.

And Cancellara! What was I thinking!?! How could I forget?

[the Wiggins aspect aside for a moment] Whilst Martin has looked particularly impressive for the last 2 seasons, no one IMHO looks quite as imperious as Cancellara on form in the TTs. Same in the cobbled Classics: Boonen clearly had a special season last year, but he's a back-street brawler compared to FC's martial artist. When Boonen went at P-R last year, it felt like there were still possibilities for the chasers (until it became apparent that their collective lights had gone out) because Boonen's style is brutally ragged. Had that been Cancellara EVERYONE would have thrown their arms up in resignation that the geezer had it sown up. Like I said; imperious.
    He needs to push all these temporary seat-warmers off his throne.

And Obree. Has he got s statue yet?
    I know technically it might not amount to the season that might have been alluded to by the OP, but if the man manages to combine a Johnstone Wheeler's evening "10" with the World Land Speed Record, that counts, eh?