C59 Eps super record

Comments

• FransJacques
    FransJacques Posts: 2,148
    Marky, can you please, once you've had a few goes on it, give us a bit of a BR-style write up on the shifting?

Not sure if I'd go Italian or Japanese but am keen to make the swap from m to e.

Would be interested to know what it's like when you: a) have thick gloves on, b) are so stinking tired you can't see straight let alone shift, and c) are struggling up a 1 in 4 and need to reach for the last cog.

thanks is advance
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • Rich.H
    Rich.H Posts: 443
    Thanks for posting the pics above. I take it you drilled a hole in the seat tube to take the front mech cable through?

This appears to be the case for the chain stay / rear mech cable....?

Rich
  • markyone
    markyone Posts: 1,119
    Rich.H wrote:
    Thanks for posting the pics above. I take it you drilled a hole in the seat tube to take the front mech cable through?

This appears to be the case for the chain stay / rear mech cable....?

Rich
    My local bike shop colnago dealer done it all,i would say its no different to what comes out of the factory i cannot tell the difference.
    Colnago c60 Eps super record 11
    Pinarello F8 with sram etap
  • markyone
    Marky, can you please, once you've had a few goes on it, give us a bit of a BR-style write up on the shifting?

Not sure if I'd go Italian or Japanese but am keen to make the swap from m to e.

Would be interested to know what it's like when you: a) have thick gloves on, b) are so stinking tired you can't see straight let alone shift, and c) are struggling up a 1 in 4 and need to reach for the last cog.

thanks is advance
    No probs when i get out on it i will put a feedback up.
  • markyone

thanks is advance
    I have done a few hill reps around are way 15% a couple of weeks ago and it did not miss a beat,i needed to try it out and its just amazing.
    I had thick gloves on and it really is the best imo although i have not tried di2.
    Bike now wrapped up again for the summer,once i have put longer rides in i will post a report.
  • not keen on black bikes, but undeniably a stunning piece of kit
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Could you please let yours and Velonutters Bikes breed , I ll take one of the litter, even if its the runt.

I still think yours has got the edge though Marky.
  • markyone
    Lol I really like that colour of johns (velonutter) bike wish i had one
    i like matt black as well thou. :D
  • cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    That is nice bike but I would be two scared to ride. Super record EPS is very expensive even at trade. that has to be a £8k bike.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • bencolem
    bencolem Posts: 463
    Stunning build and then you ruin it with the bars rolled round so far?
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    bencolem wrote:
    Stunning build and then you ruin it with the bars rolled round so far?

What's wrong with the bars? They look spot-on to me...

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • bencolem
    bencolem Posts: 463
    They're ergonoa's - so designed to be ergonomic with the tops horizontal
  • markyone
    bencolem wrote:
    They're ergonoa's - so designed to be ergonomic with the tops horizontal
    Are they really that bad? :o
    IMG_0492_zps7092aa75.jpg
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    What he is saying is the bit between hood and stem should be parallel with the floor.

However comfort is most important so if it works for you....
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • markyone
    smidsy wrote:
    What he is saying is the bit between hood and stem should be parallel with the floor.

I understand that,but did not think they were pushed forward that much.
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    markyone wrote:

Cheers Mark, did you keep your original frame and drill or change it for an EPS version?

I don't envy the cleaning of that Matt Black, my C59 is a cinch to clean but my CX1 in Matt black & white is a real pain in the Ass, surprisingly though, sweat is easy to clean!!!

The 3T Ergonova's are the most comfortable bars I have ever used, I have the ergo sums on the R5 and they aren't in the same league, what's your thoughts?

You'll have to join us and do our Hungarian Budapest ride on that in September Mark, I'll keep you advised :-)
  • Velonutter
    edited April 2013
    markyone wrote:
    smidsy wrote:

I understand that,but did not think they were pushed forward that much.

You want the bottom of the bars virtually flat or virtually just a c0ck hair up, this will bring the tops of the bars flat and then you can move the shifters up a little which will make it miles more comfortable, check mine out Mark: -

c59_1.jpg

I had mine almost like yours and when I went to Adrian Timmis the first thing he did was change them to how they are.
  • markyone
    Velonutter wrote:
    markyone wrote:

Cheers Mark, did you keep your original frame and drill or change it for an EPS version?

I don't envy the cleaning of that Matt Black, my C59 is a cinch to clean but my CX1 in Matt black & white is a real pain in the Ass, surprisingly though, sweat is easy to clean!!!

The 3T Ergonova's are the most comfortable bars I have ever used, I have the ergo sums on the R5 and they aren't in the same league, what's your thoughts?

You'll have to join us and do our Hungarian Budapest ride on that in September Mark, I'll keep you advised :-)
    I still have the original frameset,i took it to my lbs who are a colnago dealer and they fitted it out for me.
    I will keep it for 1 more summer and then most likely change the colour scheme.
  • Love Colnago but hate the Colnago typeface/font. Completely spoils an otherwise monster of a bike.
    the deeper the section the deeper the pleasure.
  • Velonutter
    markyone wrote:
    Velonutter wrote:
    markyone wrote:

I still have the original frameset,i took it to my lbs who are a colnago dealer and they fitted it out for me.
    I will keep it for 1 more summer and then most likely change the colour scheme.

Brilliant Mark, did they do a cool job on the drilling?
  • markyone
    Brilliant Mark, did they do a cool job on the drilling?

You would not notice anything,well i cant anyway superb job like out the factory.
  • Coach H
    Coach H Posts: 1,092
    Velonutter wrote:
    You want the bottom of the bars virtually flat or virtually just a fool hair up, this will bring the tops of the bars flat and then you can move the shifters up a little which will make it miles more comfortable, check mone out Mark: -

c59_1.jpg

I had mine almost like yours and when I went to Adrian Timmis the first thing he did was change them to how they are.

This is interesting as I had mine exactly like yours and Ada turned them down a bit to make them work better when in the drops. I moved them back as I felt overall they were more comfortable and he commented on them again when I went back as a new saddle had altered my position. I guess it goes to show bike fitting is a subjective art rather than a science.

I now ride FSA Wing Pro's on my best bike and find then even better than Ergonova's.
    Coach H. (Dont ask me for training advice - 'It's not about the bike')
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    Or does Adrian change the position relative to each person due to their overall fit/type of riding/bike geometry???
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • markyone

thanks is advance
    First long ride on this at the weekend and its just lovely :D gear changing has never been so easy.
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
  • FoldingJoe
    FoldingJoe Posts: 1,327
    Glad the weather is getting better so you can get out and enjoy it, Mark.

Lovely bike, BTW.

Wish my mate had contacts at Europcar instead of OPQS!! :)
    Little boy to Obama: "My Dad says that you read all our emails"
    Obama to little boy: "He's not your real Dad"

Kona Honky Tonk for sale: http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40090&t=13000807
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    White, blue and red, very jazzy...
  • Velonutter
    markyone wrote:
    ...First long ride on this at the weekend and its just lovely :D gear changing has never been so easy.

Yep mark, I wish all my bike were EPS, hate going back to Manual now, when I want to be flash and my mates are behind me I just drop to the inner and back again one handed, they hate me for the auto trimming 8) :mrgreen:
  • markyone
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Nice...

Not a fan of the 3T stem though. The new Deda Superleggero would look tops!

Deda stem fitted :Ddeda001_zpsfd9878a0.jpg
  • Hi
    I have the very same C59 Matt black with SR mechanical, and while browsing Internet on gathering info on how to fit a EPS on a mechanical frame, came across your post and picture ( thanks) and was impressed about the neat drilling job done. Before I ( or my trusted mechanic) make damage to frame, would like to ask couple of question re the photo you posted from underneath BB: I notice two things, 1) did the original square open bit get further drilled to open even further the gap to allow cable end through? It looks so on pic. 2) what is that rectangular carbon look little shinier sticker right across the BB? I don't think that looks original, is it concealing anything?

Lastly, have u noticed any cracking noise, vibration or any sort of weaker feeling after you ve been riding with home made drills since a while now?

Cheers!
    Paolo