Giant Trance 2012 -140mm

2»

Comments

• Antm81
    Antm81 Posts: 1,406
    How are you finding the iodine bars? I've got a set but not been out on the bike for a while due to work
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    which survived a test run through the rock garden pictured.

I'm not sure I would. :?
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    They're mostly easier than they look, you just pic a line and let the bike do the work.

Riding too slowly through them is what usually causes problems for people, you don't have enough momentum and end up doing a slow speed endo!
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • 97th choice
    Fox 32 talas RLC Fit, 140-110mm fitted. That's her finished.

p4pb10665865.jpg

p4pb10665874.jpg

p4pb10665885.jpg

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • 97th choice
    Took her out for a proper blast yesterday, was really surprised at how much a difference changing the fork made, the bike is much, much more fun to point down steep stuff which I would put down to the slightly slacker head angle rather than the increased travel. The fit damper is also a huge improvement over the open bath float and I was able to charge down rocky stuff at noticeably higher speeds than previously. It took a while to get the fork set up, but the compression damping was useful in reducing fork dive once I'd dialled it in properly.

The race face narrow wide also performed flawlessly, although the anodising lasts all of thirty seconds!!!

Every trance needs a 140mm fork!!!

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    Bikes looking good! Im really a fan of shortish travel bikes with properly sorted geometry, the kind that are super responsive when you stamp on the pedals but have the geometry to really rip the descents. I just find longer travel bikes a little uninspiring when pedalling, even the really efficient ones. Case in point the two rides I recently had on Santa Cruz's Bronson and Solo, the Bronson sells by the shed load, but the Solo was by far the better bike, it accelerated like a rocket and yet it still felt composed when ragging it like a lunatic. Bike like the trance, Solo and Mega TR are really starting to show up the bigger bikes, in the UK at least they're just so much more fun to ride.
  • 97th choice
    Cheers, I was worried about making it a bit too unwieldy as it's always been a great point and shoot bike. Only thing I might experiment with is swapping some stem spacers to see what lowering the bars does for the ride.

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • SUPERSUTT
    SUPERSUTT Posts: 292
    [/img]
    Took her out for a proper blast yesterday, was really surprised at how much a difference changing the fork made, the bike is much, much more fun to point down steep stuff which I would put down to the slightly slacker head angle rather than the increased travel. The fit damper is also a huge improvement over the open bath float and I was able to charge down rocky stuff at noticeably higher speeds than previously. It took a while to get the fork set up, but the compression damping was useful in reducing fork dive once I'd dialled it in properly.

The race face narrow wide also performed flawlessly, although the anodising lasts all of thirty seconds!!!

Every trance needs a 140mm fork!!!
    [url][/url]IMG_12901.jpg[/url
    your spot on every trance needs a 140mm fork im loving mine the best upgrade ever.its a totally different bike,
    and the fit damper works well
    falling off doesn't hurt....its the landing that hurts

FS Giant Trance X3 (2013)
    FS Specialized Camber 2011 (2011)=(stolen)
    HT Merlin Malt one (sold)
  • 97th choice
    A shorter stem wouldn't go amiss on yours I reckon.

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • SUPERSUTT
    its the slandered 90mm that fitted when it came I am toying with the idea of shorter stem wider bars but wondering will affect climbing to much going from 120mm to 140mm forks has a bit. but I'm looking at a new rear shock firstly one with lockout as the giant air can doesn't lock out and i can feel the difference on the ups

• SUPERSUTT
    [url][/url]IMG_12341.jpg At Delamere forest about a week ago

• 97th choice
    The maestro suspension doesn't suffer from pedal bob like some other set ups, you are not really missing out by not having lock out. I wouldn't worry about upgrading the giant shock yet, it's a good unit

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • Cqc
    Cqc Posts: 951
    97th choice, where is that rock garden trail? It looks fun, and v. nice bike btw
  • 97th choice
    Castlewellan, Northern Ireland. It's some fairly new dafydd Davies designed trails, mostly red XC but the black stuff is ok if a bit short.

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • Cqc
    Cqc Posts: 951
    Oh well, I was hoping south wales or something :p