SOUTHWALESROADIE, anyone dealy with him ??

sthomson1
sthomson1 Posts: 127
SOUTHWALESROADIE, registered on 24th dec at 1.01am, replying to a lot of wanted adds, wants PP gift payment !

anyone dealt with him/her ?

Comments

• Had a similar experience recently on a different forum. Avoid him and report it to the Mods.

Andy
  • Thank you for the vote of confidence AndyPandy. Very mature to tar me with the same brush as other people.

I have just dealt with Jr1 for a freehub body. We finalised the transaction yesterday. I shipped his freehub body this afternoon by recorded royal mail. Tracking number BY214719645GB if you want to check me out.

Also dealt with "lee wrx" for some skewers too. Again, we finalised payment details Thursday or Friday and I explained to him that I would only be able to post it today. Again, I shipped his skewers this afternoon on royal mail tracking number BY214719659GB. He didn't pay for recorded trackable postage... but I sent it that way off my own back (its only a few pence more after all and provides evidence of sending it and allows people to track where their stuff is.

So, Andy, please don't consider all new members as vermin - after all, the forum needs new members to grow, doesn't it?
  • lee wrx
    lee wrx Posts: 68
    yes i have deait with him about some skewers & he send me some pics of them & i am very happy of the item it took 2 day 2 get them hope 2 use again if he as got the parts
  • Thanks Lee! The feeling is definitely mutual - Great dealing with you too!
  • tbc
    tbc Posts: 40
    SWR contacted me after I put up a wanted ad for some Sram Force/Rival parts, and had exactly what I was looking for at good prices, and was happy for me to pay with PayPal goods if I covered the fees, and was generally good at communicating. I would be happy to buy from him again, and reassure others that it is fine to do so!
  • vermin
    vermin Posts: 1,739
    So, Andy, please don't consider all new members as vermin

There can be only one...
  • Valy
    Valy Posts: 1,321
    vermin wrote:

There can be only one...

You win! :mrgreen:
  • vermin wrote:

There can be only one...

Hahahahahah! That's superb! Nice to meet you, Vermin. I assure you that I am not your doppelganger. :lol:
  • Bought a SRAM Red groupset off SWR, a couple of minor hiccoughs were sorted out swiftly. Fair and honest chap.
  • spadve71
    spadve71 Posts: 353
    sthomson1 wrote:
    SOUTHWALESROADIE, registered on 24th dec at 1.01am, replying to a lot of wanted adds, wants PP gift payment !

anyone dealt with him/her ?[/quote

A word of warning!!!
    The op of this thread was right in what he was saying.I was contacted by southwalesroadie or what ever he want's to call him self (never use's his real name in his pm's which i alway's find a bit funny)about a post i put up in the wanted section asking for sram force parts.He mailed me telling me he had what i was after and after a few pm's we setteled on a price.I sent the paypal payment and paid the fee's.He pm'd me telling me the shifters had been sent and he had a tracking number and would mail me it which he has not.He will of seen the mails i have sent him as he has loged on three times since my mails were sent.
    I have now put in a paypal dispute so please do not send him any money for parts as his paypal account will be blocked.
    If s.w.r want's to man up just refund me my money and we can put this very sorry chapter to bed

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!
  • Valy
    Valy Posts: 1,321
    Timescales?
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    I've also paid him,albeit a relatively small amount,for a pair of sram hoods. He was quick to respond to my PMs up until i made payment in good faith,via bank transfer. I've heard nothing now for five days. At the moment i'm still prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt. If you read this dude, please get in touch.
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    Your taking the P now SWR, sort it!
  • spadve71
    Garry H wrote:
    I've also paid him,albeit a relatively small amount,for a pair of sram hoods. He was quick to respond to my PMs up until i made payment in good faith,via bank transfer. I've heard nothing now for five days. At the moment i'm still prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt. If you read this dude, please get in touch.

Can i ask what colour hoods you are buying off him?
    I also will give him the benefit of the doubt if he gets in contact with me but as he said he had sent the item monday and i still don't have a tracking number or my item i will look on the bad side of this :evil:
    As a seller if someone sends you money for a item/items send it off straight away.No excuse.Can you get your money back on a bank transfer???
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Goods now received ,via recorded delivery, and in exellent condition. Thanks.
  • spadve71
    Shifters have now turned up :) ,in good condition,thank you.
    An apology is due from me to swr as i am man enough to say when i have got it wrong,BUT if you want to sell items to fellow forum user's dont bulls**t them by saying you have sent the item and have a tracking number when you have not.If there is a problem just let the buyer know as most people and me will understand as we all have busy lives and things come up.I will now cancel the paypal dispute tonight when i get in from work and go back to having a stress free life riding my bike
    thank you
  • Good evening (morning) all,
    I believe I have covered everyone here, David and Garry regarding their bits - Garry, as I said, I was a couple of days getting them out to you - really sorry about that but it simply slipped my mind.
    David (spadve), as per the trio of PM's I got back to you on - your package came back to me and then was re-sent. Tracking number was submitted through Paypal and I have to say that I doth my cap to a man who makes a public apology and I must say I also apologise to David and Garry for not being in-touch more. I will attempt to be on the button next time - I am not online much, although I do leave the computer logged in as the whole household uses it.
    Please drop me a PM if anyone else would like a copy of their tracking number, although I think that should only be Conor, who has just paid me for an item in the last hour or so.

Bed time now I'm afraid. I will try and check back in tomorrow to ensure everyone has their bits with track numbers provided.
  • I dealt with SWR for a pair of skewers and although he was sometimes a little long in replying to me the skewers arrived in perfect condition. I paid by direct payment into his account. No hassles and I am happy. Thanks SWR
  • sthomson1
    sthomson1 Posts: 127
    genuine seller, well packaged, good condition part received (X9 rear mech)
    Thoroughly recommended :)

thanks SWR

steve
  • mjws2
    mjws2 Posts: 18
    I had a great buying experience with SouthWalesRoadie - he was friendly and communicative, very quick shipping, items were in excellent condition, clean and packaged expertly: safe and with attention to detail.

Absolute pleasure to deal with, would definitely recommend and would buy again.

For the record, I bought SRAM Rival levers, a cassette, a Force front mech and apex brakes.
  • i think now that i've realised that this forum requires a higher level of communication than others that I am familiar with, the positive feedback should start to come out.
    Thank you for the positive remarks. Likewise, it has been a pleasure.
  • kmackdci
    kmackdci Posts: 79
    Have just concluded a deal with swr, very good communication and has been great to deal with, excellent pictures received and that made it easy to make a decision. Will update when I actualy receive the goods. So far excellent.
    Giant defy 4. Sram force group and hope pro3 mavic open pro. 8.9kgs
    Specialized P3 2000
    Scott scale 60 custom
  • kmackdci wrote:
    Have just concluded a deal with swr, very good communication and has been great to deal with, excellent pictures received and that made it easy to make a decision. Will update when I actualy receive the goods. So far excellent.
    Haha, I was going to say - its a bit soon to be putting up positive feedback for something that we only sorted out this afternoon (and hense haven't posted yet) but cheers!
    Will get the bits out tomorrow for you.
    Thanks again
  • flynn160603
    flynn160603 Posts: 476
    Just dealt with him on a pair of sram force shifters, answered my wanted ad, kept me up to date, quick delivery and good price no problems, would deal with him again no worries
    Tarmac Summer: Burls Custom Ti,
    Tarmac Winter: Dolan Preffisio
    Mud: 2013 orange five pro, 2012 Cube Ltd Race, 1992 saracen sahara elite
  • Dandy2012
    Dandy2012 Posts: 47
    I have also had excellent contact, speedy shipping and generally easy transactions with SWR. Cheers mate.
  • Dandy2012 wrote:
    I have also had excellent contact, speedy shipping and generally easy transactions with SWR. Cheers mate.
    Enjoy that frame Dan, it's a good-un! Glad to see its almost built up already!
  • kmackdci
    kmackdci Posts: 79
    Received parts yesterday, I didn't get them till this morning as my neighbour had thm and I was in late, the bits I bought are immaculate! Shipping was fast and tracked. Communication top notch, can't wait to get it all fitted. Thanks again.
    Giant defy 4. Sram force group and hope pro3 mavic open pro. 8.9kgs
    Specialized P3 2000
    Scott scale 60 custom
  • Dandy2012
    Dandy2012 wrote:
    Enjoy that frame Dan, it's a good-un! Glad to see its almost built up already!

Oh I will do! It's built up and first cut of the seat tube done, still a bit long though..
  • flynn160603
    flynn160603 Posts: 476
    Folks I spoke to soon, had a major issue on a pair of force shifters which I've tried to fit, emailed about the issue, got an email back after a couple of days, he promised to send a part out so that I could get it swapped out and now it's gone cold, emailed and sent pm's a few times this week no replies, I know he' s been on bike radar and read the message, just wish he would communicate with me and let me know what's happening, paid 175 for a pair of shifters I can't fit and will now have to spend out more cash on getting them fixed, I asked numerous times for his mobile number so that we can have a proper conversation about it, give him my mobile loads of times.....still nothing, not into moaning and slagging people off and I'm really disappointed that after giving this guy the benefit of the doubt he's not come up with the goods..... Hopefully he will read this and email/message me to sort the issue out
    Tarmac Summer: Burls Custom Ti,
    Tarmac Winter: Dolan Preffisio
    Mud: 2013 orange five pro, 2012 Cube Ltd Race, 1992 saracen sahara elite
  • Dandy2012
    How come you can't 'fit' them?