Porte
    Wiggins
    Lopez
    Kiriyenka
    Eddy Boss

Don't forget Thomas.
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    {Wiggins}---[Henao]---[Uran]---[Cataldo]---[Siutsou] is quite a train to derail by conventional means. But Nibali won't need too many 20s win boners to keep things interesting.

Also, how many other teams can afford to ride a GT completely ignoring sprinter's stages? Won't Astana and Garmin have at least one slot reserved for top 10 on sprinter days?
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,878
    Why is EBH considered core?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • tailwindhome
    Only one 'Brit' in the giro team.

I have a funny feeling that Sky may approach the Giro differently to the Tour in that they won't necessarily take control of the peleton from the start.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,216

Reasonable chance he'll win a stage or two and useful man to have around for donkey work.
  • smithy21
    smithy21 Posts: 2,204
    ^ Agree with Tailwind. I think EBH must be concerned about missing out. I think they will only take one of him and Thomas. I'd expect Knees to do both Giro and Tour.
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    what will Froomey say if Wiggo wins the Giro?
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    Dave_1 wrote:
    what will Froomey say if Wiggo wins the Giro?

When asked for a quote he'll be terribly terribly polite...

Though presumably you mean, what will go on in his head?
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    EBH is a cert. Strong over all terrain, worked like a trooper last year in a role not best suited to him, and went close on a couple of hilly finishes when given zero support. Thomas-EBH work well together in sprints too.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,207

Did you not watch the approach to /early stages of the final climb on mountain stages last year? EBH was immense. I know Porte, Rogers and Froome get the plaudits for their domestique duties but EBH started the damage. That said he is looking out of sorts and Kiry can take over the role this year if required. I'd have thought Stannard is a likely starter as a workhorse on the flat.
  • cogidubnus
    cogidubnus Posts: 860
    EBH will def ride the tour a, as part of the mountain train and b, to contest sprints with G leading him out
  • tailwindhome
    Pross wrote:

Did you not watch the approach to /early stages of the final climb on mountain stages last year?.

Had some cracking naps in front of the TV........True story.
    Cogidubnus wrote:
    EBH will def ride the tour a, as part of the mountain train and b, to contest sprints with G leading him out

Plenty of 8th places to be had then :wink:
  • cogidubnus
    cogidubnus Posts: 860
    I didn't say he'd win any :D

Though it would be nice to see EBH and G go in some breaks like they did in 2011
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    Macaloon wrote:
    {Wiggins}---[Henao]---[Uran]---[Cataldo]---[Siutsou] is quite a train to derail by conventional means. But Nibali won't need too many 20s win boners to keep things interesting.
    But will he actually win any? I'm not a huge fan of win bonuses but they should make Wiggo take a different approach in the mountains at the Giro in comparison to 2012 Tour. He won't be able to risk Nibs nicking time off him if they are both at the front near in the mountain finishes and this will force Wiggins to attack Nibs.

I think Wiggins feels he has the measure of Nibs these days in the climbs. I think he's probably right.

Really looking forward to it! :mrgreen:
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.