new years targets....

Comments

• get out as much as poss and crack the 100 mile mark :)
  • lotus49
    lotus49 Posts: 763
    My target is to enjoy my cycling and to share that enjoyment with my children.
  • MattyyP
    MattyyP Posts: 142
    Main target is to rack up 4000 miles!
    Other little targets - Do a few more charity cycle events, join a club, enter my first sportive, get a sub 25 minute 10 mile time trial.

At 6ft 2" and 67kg, I can't loose much more weight, so i'm hoping everything will come with me putting a few extra miles in!
    Specialized Secteur Sport 2011
    B'Twin Rockrider 8 XC
    B'Twin Rockrider 9.1
  • damov2
    damov2 Posts: 66
    Mine are to complete 6000km total for the year. 30 mile, 50 mile and 100 mile rides and a couple of sportives. I also want to get my weight down 78 kilos (was 102 kilos 4 months ago).
  • DavidJB
    DavidJB Posts: 2,019
    win 2 road races and a crit.
  • Commute to work at least 100 times during the year.
    Get a place on Ride London 100
    Stop being fat.
  • Maintain my 10 st fighting weight and do 3 100 milers from Wakefield to Castleton and back in 1 week for charity.
    the deeper the section the deeper the pleasure.
  • Find my cycling mojo again. Been off the saddle since June due to injury & sorely lacking motivation & confidence....
    Get through 2 weeks training camp in Majorca without further injury
    Lose half a stone to get down to 69kg.
    Increase base mileage
    Spend less time thinking/reading/talking about riding, & actually ride more!!
    Complete half a dozen century rides
    Improve times in various sportives - hopefully including The Fred Whitton
    Ride well on my trip to the Alps & ride some of the big cols without passing out because of the heat!!
    Spend less on cycling kit
    Make fewer lists....
  • hope fully make it to 2nd cat.
  • domc21
    domc21 Posts: 86
    Do a 100 mile sportive.....
  • edewer
    edewer Posts: 99
    Main goals are 5k or more for the year, but first and foremost I'm gonna try a 100km tomorrow seen as its nice!
  • I stopped smoking for a few days now. Riding and training 10.000km and ending an amateur race. I will lose some weight and eat better. I think that`s enough :P

Greetings from Germany
  • Ride the 52 Mile Great Manchester Cycle
    Ride a Sportive
    Lose 2 Stone
    Start commuting
    Watch less TV and use my time more constructively

Pretty basic targets, and achievable, but I'm really just getting going.
  • Sub 7hr in Etape du dales, will be a massive ask, got 40mins to find on last year, depends if Ican find some similar paced riders
    Complete c2c sportive in decent time
    Lose weight before the above
  • Do the London to Paris, loose 15kg, see my toes when standing up straight and stop laughing at myself when I :oops: :oops: forget to un clip......
    Wilier La Triestina
    Specialized Tarmac Comp
  • I achieved a lot in 2012 so just really want to build on that. Sub 8 hour Fred Whitton would be nice, Sub 25 10TT & to break into the top 30% Bracket in fell races too
    I Dont Ride Hills, I Climb Mountains!

2010 Scott S40
    2011 Wilier Izoard XP
  • dashik
    dashik Posts: 156
    Start cycling to work 3 days a week. 18 miles each way.
  • 3000 miles in the year
    Lose 7 kg to hit 70 kg
  • JRKO
    JRKO Posts: 3
    Just been for my first proper ride in nearly 15yrs :oops: Set myself a course of 8.42m with slight hills and quiet roads (but very windy on return as its along the seafront) and did it in 49:41 avg around 10mph

I'm 6'4" 18st6lb/258lb :roll: poor bike :lol:. Shattered my femur 10yrs ago in a spectacular car crash and have not really done much since. I'm not built to be skinny but want to get down around 16st/224lb and to make cycling my daily transport.

Damn I miss being fit
  • philbar72
    philbar72 Posts: 2,229
    go over 50 miles twice a week. Do more interval training.... get faster.
    eat better.
    drink less (alcohol)
    get my new wheels (handmade with dura ace 9000 hubs). should be a couple of weeks for these (can't wait).
    Lose a bit more weight.
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    philbar72 wrote:
    go over 50 miles twice a week. Do more interval training.... get faster.
    eat better.
    drink less (alcohol)
    get my new wheels (handmade with dura ace 9000 hubs). should be a couple of weeks for these (can't wait).
    Lose a bit more weight.

What rims and spokes you gone for?
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • philbar72
    philbar72 Posts: 2,229
    DT spokes (race ones) and the rims are Hplus Son Archetype. the hubs are dura ace 9000 28 spoke front and rear. Ugo santalucia on the forum is building them for me as soon as i get the hubs! (should be in the next couple of days).
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    Nice - Ugo did me some Ambrosio ones a few months back for winter training and they have proven a revelation.

Enjoy.
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • jotko
    jotko Posts: 457
    Do first 100 mile ride
    Ride 10 miles in under 30 min
    Lose a stone to get back to my fighting weight
  • Yorkat
    Yorkat Posts: 5
    Maintain weight at 65kg (5ft10); ride my first sportive; ride my first 100 miler (65 best to date); be able to do 100 push ups; and fall off less!
  • 4500 miles this year.

lose some weight (12st now, need to lose another stone)

last years resolutions went well... i missed them all apart from 1.

win as many tour de france titles as lance armstrong.
  • pollys_bott
    pollys_bott Posts: 1,012
    3650 miles this year

Sub 24 minute 10

Ride to my Mum's for tea... (I'm just south of Loughborough, she's just west of Norwich :lol:)

Hope that the Ryedale Rumble is back on in Aug/Sept so I can have a crack at the long 'un.
  • Superbalicious
    Superbalicious Posts: 136
    edited January 2013
    Some great and inspiring targets here. I really should give mine some more thought, so here goes...

- Ride at least three Sportives (I've got my eye on two already)
    - Increase my average speed from 15-16mph to not less than 17mph (back end of 2012 was bang on 16mph)
    - Increase my stamina (measured by comparing speed data from my Garmin for my regular rides)
    - Complete my first 100 mile ride since returning to cycling (currently my longest ride is 44 miles - I was 16 when I last rode 100 miles) one of the above Sportives is 90 miles
    - Get my weight down to 12st (76kg) having started in July at 15st 8lb (99kg) - currently 13st (82kg)

I best stop there if I want any chance of achieving these targets this year...!!
    Still trying to convince the missus of the n+1 rule...!
  • wavefront
    wavefront Posts: 397
    Lots of inspiring thoughts from everyone!

Only been road biking seriously since end of August (been an MTB guy for a few years) and its amazing how quickly your fitness grows, and I've achieved quite alot so far. I have such a long list of things I still want to do, but I need to calm down and structure my year properly as my main goal is to complete a few triathlons this year. I think with that as goal, a few other aims will happen by default.

Good luck to all and hope you achieve what you set out to do!
  • pda
    pda Posts: 12
    I don't have any biking specific goals just because I'm not back cycling just yet. When my new bike finally arrives I'll be using it for cardio and lower body conditioning so I'll be happy as long as I'm riding faster and more frequently over the same or longer distances.

Other related goals that I have are to drop from ~92kg ~20%bf back down to a more manageable and leaner ~82kg. From there I'll probably start the slow journey of doing a very clean bulk while still improving on the bike. My aim for the end of 2013 is to be around 90kg at ~12%bf and to be looking towards doing competitions in 2014.