PSA: £145 Reverbs

2»

Comments

• lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    The DOSS has 3 things against it imo, cost, weight and the remote. Cost I could live with, I'm happy to pay a premium for fox because I know it works great and in my recent experience has lasted just as well if not better than my rockshox kit.

The weight and the lever are what really let it down and to a point the 3 fixed positions. If it had a better lever and weighed abit less then it would be a good product as reliability seems good so far. As it stands the Reverb stands at the top of the pile imo. Will be incredibly interested to see how the new Thompson and E-13 post perform when/if they are released, the Thompson should be an awesome product.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Should be - but they have no experience in hydraulics and seals and the like, so they will probably outsource this. (edit - the cartridge is outsourced).

Looks like it is set to be light, but I have never been a fan of Thomson stuff so would have to be very good for me to ever consider one.
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    supersonic wrote:
    Should be - but they have no experience in hydraulics and seals and the like, so they will probably outsource this. (edit - the cartridge is outsourced).

Looks like it is set to be light, but I have never been a fan of Thomson stuff so would have to be very good for me to ever consider one.

I've always thought it was great kit, bit expensive but then it is top quality product. If I didn't want a dropper post I would have an Elite seatpost, totally bulletproof. I honesty can't see them releasing a product that doesn't work for a long time, my guess is it'll be bulletproof if not the most sophisticated post on the market, still I wait to be proved wrong!
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Thomson are already making optimistic predictions on longevity, on a product that's in the earliest days of prototyping. Or, to put it a different way, "Making stuff up". Not totally encouraging tbh, it'd be nice it they wait til they've tested the thing before they decide how well it works.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    lawman wrote:
    supersonic wrote:

I've always thought it was great kit, bit expensive but then it is top quality product. If I didn't want a dropper post I would have an Elite seatpost, totally bulletproof. I honesty can't see them releasing a product that doesn't work for a long time, my guess is it'll be bulletproof if not the most sophisticated post on the market, still I wait to be proved wrong!

This is what they are aiming for - but with standard seat posts and stems they are being left behind now. Full CNCing was great 15 years ago to eliminate welds, but 3D forging creates stronger products that cost and weigh less.