• bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    Hardly any 125mm drop ones left, and none in my post length :(
  • compo
    compo Posts: 1,370
    Try Merlin, I got mine off there for £150
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Stock clearance before the new model arrives...

Wiggle has a discounted preorder for Levs too, just stuck in an order for one, £240- so a bit more than these cheap reverbs, but more drop, lighter and no bloody silly hydraulic operation with quick-snap lever.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • bennett_346
    Hopefully more reliable too.
  • Newfish
    Newfish Posts: 121
    Do people rate these? I have heard mixed reviews, and some, (not sure which) have a seal problem that I have heard of.
    £145 seems to good to be true, and I have been wanting a dropper for a while now as I think it will help with my riding.

thoughts?
    Cheers,
    Simon.
    Mine has been very reliable until recently when it developed a fault, not sure what was the reason for it, but they replaced it under warranty, customer service is very good and the warranty is 2 years. I love mine and IMO it's the best post out there.
  • Hopefully more reliable too.

WTF do you do to your kit? My Reverb has been faultless despite having me bouncing up and down on it when it's not dropped out of the way!

You must be the heaviest riding 70kg person I've encountered.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • bennett_346
    I don't even have a reverb. I'm going off the countless people i do know whove had an issue with them, including three guys at my LBS (all been fixed under warranty but it would be nice if they worked on these issues).

No need to get stressed out.
  • Newfish
    Its such a good offer, but like you say, too many breakages to shell out that much.
    Cheers,
    Simon.
  • I don't even have a reverb. I'm going off the countless people i do know whove had an issue with them, including three guys at my LBS (all been fixed under warranty but it would be nice if they worked on these issues).

No need to get stressed out.

Stressed? Amused!!
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • lawman wrote:
    Mine has been very reliable until recently when it developed a fault, not sure what was the reason for it, but they replaced it under warranty, customer service is very good and the warranty is 2 years. I love mine and IMO it's the best post out there.
    Do you have a new 2 year warranty on the replacement or just the original 2 years?
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    lawman wrote:
    Do you have a new 2 year warranty on the replacement or just the original 2 years?

Afaik it's on original purchase, hopefully I don't have any issues with this one to find out!
  • apreading
    apreading Posts: 4,535
    Replacement usually comes with a new warranty for goods - I would expect that to be the case for your reverbs on that basis. It may even be a legal requirement, but even if not is what most/all manufs work to.
  • Mine has been faultless
  • Northwind
    The reverb's reputation for reliability, based on comments from people who've never ridden one and just believe what they read online, is matched only by its reputation for unreliability, based on comments from people who've never ridden one and just believe what they read online ;)

It's a good bit of kit, well executed but maybe not perfectly designed- the lever design is weird, just like with gravity dropper everyone fits them "wrong way up" so buys a RHS lever and fits it on the left, under the bar. Quite a big fail that from Rockshox. But also, the lever's easy to snap and the parts are very expensive. (everyone I know with a Reverb has broken one).

Likewise the hose mount under the seat is stronger now with the redesign but it's still very exposed (KS i900 has its cable in the same place, and mine gets knocked all the time- difference is, it's a cable, when it gets knocked you just push it back rather than needing to buy replacement parts and rebleed.) You can't, for instance, put a reverb-bike on the uplift at glencoe without breaking it.

TBH it's a quality part overall and you can't go far wrong, excellent warranty support too. And here you're getting a new one for the price of a used one.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • lawman
    What he said ^

Barring the one issue I had, it's been bloody awesome, I run 1x10 so it's great under the bar on. The left side, I've never broken a remote because of this, it's very well protected by the bar and the brake lever and it just works brilliantly. I certainly wouldn't have any other dropper post, will however see what the new Thompson one is like though, with "stealth" style routing as seems likely at some point I think that may well become the new benchmark, but ATM it's the reverb for me and that's coming from a major Fox fanboy!! :lol:
  • Northwind
    So the question is, will the new version that's obviously about to hit the shops be much better? 150mm drop is arriving I think, and the stealth routing which is irrelevant to most folks... Anything else?
    Uncompromising extremist
  • lawman
    Northwind wrote:
    So the question is, will the new version that's obviously about to hit the shops be much better? 150mm drop is arriving I think, and the stealth routing which is irrelevant to most folks... Anything else?

150mm drop is only on stealth seatposts as the loop of cable would be too big when fully dropped. maybe some new seals or something, but the MY2013 posts are already out, maybe they're just selling off some old stock.
  • RandG
    RandG Posts: 779
    I did snigger at the bidders on the one I was watching on ebay when it went for £170 + £10 postage after I got mine for £145 from CRC with free delivery :lol:
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    Bought one off bike discount.de about 9 months ago for £150, keep up people.
  • dusk
    dusk Posts: 583
    Many magazines test all different dropper posts for far more than your average rider would use them and the reverb always comes out on top. You'll probably find lots of problems with reverbs not because they're unreliable but because they are far more popular than any other posts and people and far quicker to talk about problems than good experiences
    YT Wicked 160 ltd
    Cotic BFe
    DMR Trailstar
    Canyon Roadlite
  • Northwind
    dusk wrote:
    Many magazines test all different dropper posts for far more than your average rider would use them and the reverb always comes out on top.

Actually, not so much, both the DOSS and the Lev have been getting better reviews for reliability.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • bennett_346
    dusk wrote:
    people and far quicker to talk about problems than good experiences
    Nope most people are quick to say how great the latest product they bought is rather than admit it's sh** :wink:
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I'd hope the Doss was more reliable as they seem to have made it out of cast iron.
  • bennett_346
    I think fox have missed the mark with the Doss anyway, can't see any reason to buy it over a reverb personally.

At least i don't see where its USP is anyway.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Cos it's a Fox lol. It'll sell!
  • bennett_346
    Oh i knew full well it would sell regardless the minute it was announced ;)
  • Newfish
    Not sure if this is a new deal or not but seems good.

Gravity Dropper
    Cheers,
    Simon.
    I really like my GD but it's too expensive for what it is- they used to get away with that because they had literally no competition (Joplin, LOL). Also, there's a revised Turbo on the way which is stronger and lighter, though probably still overpriced.
    Uncompromising extremist