My boss is a tw@t, what can I do about it?

Bwgan
Bwgan Posts: 389
edited January 2013 in The bottom bracket
Apart from:
tell him he is (and get sacked)
Get a new job (working on it)

Something funny. I know his mobile phone number and address if these factors will help.
I don't want it tracing back to me though.

Things I've done to previous tw&ts include skips outside house when they're at work, taxis to the airport in the middle of the night, pizza deliveries. Just wondering if anyone had a fresh approach?!

An example of him being a tw@t is:

Last week he'invented' an award out of the blue for me, to show my hard work and determination, teamwork etc etc. then I got a bollocking for not working effectively enough. Mixed messages!?!

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Lets hope you didn't post this at work and he has access to what you've been on!
  • Get a new job; don't tell him he's a tw4t.

Top tip: never burn bridges.
    Is the gorilla tired yet?
  • Bwgan
    No this is on my personal iPad!!!!

I know never to burn bridges,so won't do that, just want to inconvenience the tw@t over xmas

Already had an interview, just waiting to hear
  • MarcBC
    MarcBC Posts: 333
    Bwgan wrote:
    No this is on my personal iPad!!!!

I know never to burn bridges,so won't do that, just want to inconvenience the tw@t over xmas

Already had an interview, just waiting to hear

But this is a public forum! :wink:
  • Bwgan
    I know he does t ride bikes
  • Book him into a travelodge in Stoke :lol:

Buy him a blow-up anne widdicombe

On second thoughts buy me a blow up anne widdicombe and i'll let you have my reservation at the travelodge in Stoke.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • willhub
    willhub Posts: 821
    Tw@t him in the head.
  • Bwgan
    My mate has just been telling me about a time he dumped in a bag and posted it to a girl who grassed him up at uni for drilling a hardship fund on booze and drugs!!!!!
  • I m sure you could fill some forms in with his details so he get meithered by call centres :)
  • crispybug2
    crispybug2 Posts: 2,915
    Shag his wife/daughter/both!!!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    crispybug2 wrote:
    Shag his wife/daughter/both!!!

I wonder if he would invent another award for this?
  • Sign him up to ppi advice with his email and phone, hundreds of emails and calls, done this to an apprentice in work and he was getting tormented until he got them all blocked on his email one by one.
    Cervelo S5 Team 2012
    Scott Addict R2 2010
    Specialized Rockhopper Comp SL 2010
    Kona Tanuki Supreme
  • I quite regularly hold the bosses phone handset down the crack of my arse. ( imagine if you walked in on that!)

Everytime he rings me from the office to ruin my day it just makes it that bit more bearable...
  • Graham K
    Graham K Posts: 329
    Post maggots through his letterbox, this time of year when the heating is on is a nice environment for maggots :mrgreen:
  • Ginjafro
    Ginjafro Posts: 572
    Post his phone number on a toilet wall ( I know graffiti is wrong! ) seeking kinky thrills with other men. :twisted:
    Giant XTC Pro-Carbon
    Cove Hustler
    Planet X Pro-Carbon
  • Leave it, chill out and remember some dont have jobs then think yourself lucky. Surely if he gives you an award then ridicules you it's better than been ridiculed and not getting an award? Think yourself lucky, then remind yourself of your regular monthly expenses which would go unpaid and your lifestyle taking a battering were you not in the fortunate position you are now.

Rant over
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,316
    Give your job up for Willhub.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • y33stu
    y33stu Posts: 376
    I've worked for a right d**k head in the past. Although I never resorted to doing anything against him, one of my colleagues did. He grabbed him up against a wall, and gave him a proper smack in the face. I don't condone violence, in any setting. But that guy deserved it. Guy that hit him promptly left the company after doing that - he had a another job to go to.

I would never burn your bridges however, you never known when you might meet again, need a reference, or need their support - even if you think now you wouldn't get it, you may get it in the future.
    Cycling prints
    Band of Climbers
  • I am wondering if it is the OPs attitude that makes his boss appear to behave like a T**t. If the OP regularly behaves as he says he does just because he doesn't get on with his boss, I am wondering where the common denominator is. :roll:
    I have only two things to say to that; Bo***cks
  • I am wondering if it is the OPs attitude that makes his boss appear to behave like a T**t. If the OP regularly behaves as he says he does just because he doesn't get on with his boss, I am wondering where the common denominator is. :roll:

Well said that man. Think the OP probably needs to have a look at his own attitude towards work/his boss.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,316
    Well, during my degree, the conclusion (through research) was that 8 out of 10 bosses get there for all the wrong reasons, most especially in the UK. They say the right things to the right people in the right way but they don't do the right things. We are adept at judging a book by its cover and during interviews (in house) the jobs already in the bag and during (external) interviews, the selection and recruitment often hinges on gender, accent, attire and body language - all the things to be avoided when recruiting.
    There is an intrinsic link between employee satisfaction and customer satisfaction/product quality.
    I worked for:
    Eagle Star
    Zurich Life Services
    Norwich Union (now Aviva)
    Chelsea Building Society and
    Lincoln Financial Management.

In absolutley all cases bar Eagle Star, there were plethoras of shyte managers with shyte attitudes and who were one to them above them and another to those below. I am now a boss and I can safely say without any pomposity or arrogance that my workforce are very happy because I treat them with respect, as individuals and I have never had to berate anyone privately or in public.
    Bad bosses can make life hell, good bosses bring out the best in you.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Bwgan
    Yep, it all me, I'm the tw@t lol! Everyone I know thinks this guy is a tw@t, customer I have taken him to, people I know who have been interviewed by him, people who have worked for him previously. Even the new guy turned to me the other day, without me voicing my opinion said "he is a knob head, he's a law un to himself and he needs to wind his neck in".
  • pauldavid wrote:
    I am wondering if it is the OPs attitude that makes his boss appear to behave like a T**t. If the OP regularly behaves as he says he does just because he doesn't get on with his boss, I am wondering where the common denominator is. :roll:

Well said that man. Think the OP probably needs to have a look at his own attitude towards work/his boss.

Said by either a boss or a brown-nose

It's cool to hate the boss, all the big kids do it!
  • Kids?
  • Kids?

Colloquialism of children.

I don't understand your question sorry.
  • MichaelW
    MichaelW Posts: 2,164
    My last boss was smart, effective, inspiring and prepared to listen to good advice. He didn't last long.
  • Lycra-Byka wrote:
    Kids?

Colloquialism of children.

I don't understand your question sorry.

Maybe they will have a different attitude when they grow up.
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Get a new job, then when you leave let HR know exactly what the issue was.
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • Bwgan
    I did contact HR about 2 yrs ago and they weren't interested!!!!!
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    It does make you wonder. Problems with a lot of previous bosses too. Is it a problem with all of those guys - or just the OP ?