Cyclists are faster than buses.

13»

Comments

• il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    edited December 2012
    TGOTB wrote:
    My daughter is too young to travel around on her own, and sometimes I have to pick her up from friends' houses in the evening on the way home from work, and take her home on the bus.

Rather than taking the Brompton to work in the morning and then folding it up for the evening bus ride, I normally take my road bike. I wait at the bus stop with my daughter, and when the bus arrives I put her on board and have a quick word with the driver, before getting back on my bike and riding (same route as the bus) to the drop-off point, about a mile and a half away. When I arrive I sit down at the bus stop, catch up with emails, read the headlines on my phone etc, and 5 minutes later my daughter's bus arrives...

It's a perfect arrangement: I save £1.30, don't have to go on a bus, and my daughter gets to be independent and have a bit of an adventure. Worst-case scenario, if I get a p*ncture, I'll just flag the bus down when it comes past...

You sir, are a genius.
  • tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    She's six :-)

And yes, I can easily see the motorbike thing happening, she's already mad enough to race CX...
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • Door to door, or Bed to desk etc are irrelevant

Its door to the swipe clock that is the only metric worth measuring... when you get your shower is up to you...