The whore on Britains roads

gtvlusso
gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
edited December 2012 in Commuting chat
I had a friend who reckons that the only way he could navigate his way home, when blind drunk, was by knowing which 'laydee's' stood on which corners at night......

:shock:

*Awaits ban.....

:roll:

Comments

• gtvlusso wrote:
    I had a friend who reckons that the only way he could navigate his way home, when blind drunk, was by knowing which 'laydee's' stood on which corners at night......

*Awaits ban.....

Scratch and sniff navigation?
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso wrote:

*Awaits ban.....

Scratch and sniff navigation?

You're banned too!

:lol::lol:
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    They hang around the driving test centre in Cheetham Hill during the day and always used to wave at me when I was practicing my three point turns and stuff.

The day they saw me being driven back by my instructor (they could tell from this thatI'd passed my test) the lovely ladies all gave me a round of applause and the thumbs up :-)
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • msmancunia wrote:
    the lovely ladies all gave me a round of applause and the thumbs up :-)

Yeah, they gave me the clap too. :shock:
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • I think they use the same principle up here. Only it's the sheep they use.... :wink::wink:
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • gtvlusso
    msmancunia wrote:
    They hang around the driving test centre in Cheetham Hill during the day and always used to wave at me when I was practicing my three point turns and stuff.

The day they saw me being driven back by my instructor (they could tell from this thatI'd passed my test) the lovely ladies all gave me a round of applause and the thumbs up :-)

Do not tell DDD about 'thumbs up'......it will be carnage on this thread...carnage.
  • msmancunia
    Good point. Staying well away from that one.

Quite entertaining to watch, mind.
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    msmancunia wrote:

Are you sure it's not because after months of plying their trade there, they were applauding because they thought one of the instructors finally bit?

:wink: (runs and hide)
  • msmancunia
    Well. On account of my overprotective irish catholic father, being totally paranoid that a male driving instructor would start feeling me up, I had a woman instructor. She was on first name terms with half of them because she saw them several times a day....
  • kelsen
    msmancunia wrote:
    I had a woman instructor. She was on first name terms with half of them because she saw them several times a day....
    Oh she did, did she?! :wink:
  • msmancunia wrote:
    Well. On account of my overprotective irish catholic father, being totally paranoid that a male driving instructor would start feeling me up, I had a woman instructor. She was on first name terms with half of them because she saw them several times a day....

When you say saw......
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • gtvlusso
    msmancunia wrote:

Open minded bunch....
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,362
    msmancunia wrote:

Coward
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    msmancunia wrote:
    I had a woman instructor. She was on first name terms with half of them because she saw them several times a day....

Well the driving instructor and the ladies do have a lot in common. They both jump into the passenger seat, you drive them both round for a bit, then pull over somewhere not too busy to practice some manoeuvres with them, feel relieved when it's all over and then pay them for their services.

I'd imagine! :oops:
  • msmancunia wrote:

Well the driving instructor and the ladies do have a lot in common. They both jump into the passenger seat, you drive them both round for a bit, then pull over somewhere not too busy to practice some manoeuvres with them, feel relieved when it's all over and then pay them for their services.

Then wait nervously for the test results .......

.....I'd imagine
  • msmancunia
    Veronese68 wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:

Coward

Ha! I've never been to RP, never ridden in a chain gang, and don't really have anything constructive to add, other than "now now boys, calm down". And given that I kind of caused the GirlsIn-gate, I can't really get away with that either as I'll just get all bolshy! So I'm staying quiet on that one - don't want to make them worse.
  • kelsen
    msmancunia wrote:

Then you pay to take a test and pray for a good result
  • msmancunia
    Very clever :D *applauds*
  • tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    I hear that in some parts of the world it's much easier to get a positive test result...
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • msmancunia wrote:

not to mention what happens during: starting with an oral, slapping the dashboard to stop immediately, pulling out, "show me, tell me" (the mind boggles!!) reversing.

It's sick, sick I tell you.
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia wrote:

not to mention what happens during: starting with an oral, slapping the dashboard to stop immediately, pulling out, "show me, tell me" (the mind boggles!!) reversing.

It's sick, sick I tell you.

So how long have you been a driving instructor, Kieran? :wink:
  • TGOTB wrote:
    I hear that in some parts of the world it's much easier to get a positive test result...

and I believe the most common reasons for failure are:

1. Incorrect Positioning
    2. Inappropriate speed
    3. Lack of control
  • kelsen
    TGOTB wrote:
    Apparently in Egypt you just have to move back and forth
  • gtvlusso
    I also think they assess you for making progress....

• cornerblock
    kelsen wrote:
    TGOTB wrote:
    Apparently in Egypt you just have to move back and forth

Way-oh-way-oh-way-ooo-aaa-ooo...drive like an Egyptian.
  • kelsen
    I failed my test once for pulling out prematurely...
  • gtvlusso
    I passed my test first time, I had to ask the female examiner not to lean against the door of my 2CV though.......
  • My instructor told me that I was always in the wrong gear. Personally I could see nothing wrong with leather shorts and cap.
  • cornerblock
    My instructor told me that I was always in the wrong gear. Personally I could see nothing wrong with leather shorts and cap.

You wasn't with BS&M then?
  • msmancunia
    How can this thread have got to two pages without anyone mentioning the "going the wrong way up a back entry" type innuendo?? Disappointing, guys - think you're losing your touch!