What cycling Christmas present to yourself ?

Comments

• 2013 Canyon Aeroad 7.0 - was delivered on Monday this week. Happy Fecking Christmas to me !!! :)
    A person who aims at nothing is sure to hit it

Canyon Aeroad 7.0 summer missile
    Trek 2.1 winter hack
  • A Rapha Pro Team bundle - bibs/jersey

But if my insurance cheque comes in before Xmas (unlikely) a pair of Zipp 303's.

Zipp 303’s it is then! After nearly two years and two major operations on my arm I’ve just settled with the insurance company of the driver who knocked me down for a rather large sum. Best Xmas present ever. Now, has anyone seen any good deals on Colnago C59 frames...
  • mhj999
    mhj999 Posts: 122
    Sensa Giulia Custom 105 - been delivered and just waiting for the thaw...
    Sensa Giulia 105
  • rich164h
    rich164h Posts: 433
    Nothing for myself as I recently treated myself to a carbon seatpost and a secondhand pair of Kysrium Elite's, but my wife is buying me a bike fit at Cadence Sport. Really looking forward to that.
  • One of these:

ultimate-cf-9_c1025.png

To replace this:

allez01m.jpg
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    ^wow-thats some upgrade there-wish my missus was so accomodating.Hoping for decent jersey from Prendas or enough cash for some new wheels.But since its from me,new wheels.Sod it and the jersey.
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • The blue Allez got me from 4th Cat to 2nd Cat this year. The Canyon is a reward for that, as well as a recent promotion (and pay rise!) at work. It's the only road bike I've ever ridden. I think I'm going to be pretty happy with the upgrade!
  • :D lots of treats guys!
    Well I picked up my garmin 500 with HR & Cad yesterday + the boardman pro carbon lid !
    Been playing with the garmin most of the day and very very happy with the purchase, even on the trainer it gives you so much data.
  • got myself some brand spanking new winter gear as the current stuff was not doing the trick... Endura Stealth jacket, dhb vaeon zero bib tights, dhb overshoes and Sealskinz gloves! Should keep me a bit warmer (and remove another excuse for not going out on the bike and sitting on the sofa watching Elf again.)
  • rsands
    rsands Posts: 60
    sram force carbon crank 53/39 - cant beat a treat for yourself! of course i only bought it to help my sprint when racing......:D
  • TommyB61
    TommyB61 Posts: 103
    edited December 2012
    A cadence sensor & some new winter gear - I've lost a shedload of weight this year & my current stuff's beginning to look a little baggy :D
  • TommyB61 wrote:
    :D A cadence sensor & some new winter gear - I've lost a shedload of weight this year & my current stuff's beginning to look a little baggy :D

Well done!
  • Just bought myself some carbon rims for my focus
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    a matching set of castelli bib shorts and jersey
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2
  • flasher
    flasher Posts: 1,734
    Ti winter frame, thank you Mr Burls 8)
  • Dashik wrote:
    Garmin Edge 500 with Speed/Cadance and HRM addons.

Enjoy! I'm very happy with mine :D
  • I'm definitely due a new freewheel (making the jump to 6 speed; borderline modernity) and chain. Lavish, I know. Sadly I don't have much cash. I'd buy myself some rollers if I did.
  • Garmin Edge 800 trail bundle :D

Hoping Santa will supply the HRM and Cadence sensors :lol:
  • I'm just waiting for a Bianchi Vertigo, so Santa is bringing me a pair of heavily discounted Look Keo Blades and Sidi shoes. Good job he shops at Wiggle!
    Pride and joy: Bianchi Sempre
    Commuting hack: Cube Nature
  • I've just bought my dream frame off the forum, I love this place!, A Viner Maxima. Second-hand but lovely :D

I'm going to build it up over the Xmas holidays and then 'roll on' the sunshine!
  • Already spent to much on presents for me and cycling ........... I have fly fishing to do as well!

But a nice wind proof jacket in my club colours and better over shoes.
  • gcs
    gcs Posts: 8
    ordered a 'dale hi mod synapse ultegra on friday, that was the easy part.

tricky bit now is convincing the missus it was a gift from father xmas! :)
  • Got myself some dhb Aeron bib shorts & some vaeon roubaix tights. Looking at getting a cadence computer before crimble too - probably the cateye one. All to go with the new steed after the big day!
    Boardman 8.9 SLR - Summer
    Holdsworth La Quelda - Commuter
    Moda Intro - Winter
    Planet X Stealth - TT
  • Merino base layer from Planet X - only £25 and really good quality. Short sleeved version this year.
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 19,562
    If things go to plan, a small house in the French Alps.
  • nochekmate
    nochekmate Posts: 3,460
    If things go to plan, a small house in the French Alps.

Dream prospect for cycling, skiing & other leisure pursuits.

Envious!
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 19,562
    nochekmate wrote:
    Envious!
    Just to make you a bit more so:

P1280506sm.jpg

Actually, this place I'm looking at is in the foothills of the Alps, so still a really good selection of roads and terrains - and halfway between Alpe d'Huez and Mont Ventoux. Oh, and temperatures in the mid-30s in the Summer.
  • nochekmate
    nochekmate Posts: 3,460
    ^^^ :evil:

Makes my Felt B2 Pro purchase look like a Christmas jumper! Good luck to you pal.