What cycling Christmas present to yourself ?

#david2012
#david2012 Posts: 275
edited March 2013 in Road beginners
As the title says what's everyone treating themselves to for Christmas? My present to myself is a garmin 500 with extras + a new lid ! :D

looking forward to using the garmin with all the data it captures to improve my training & reluctantly I got a cheap helmet when I started due to pestering from the wifey... Now I wouldn't go out without one and think I need one a little nicer!

Comments

• smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    This was mine

http://www.flickr.com/photos/77946148@N07/8258432612/

A new Basso Astra with Full Ultegra Groupset and Ambrosio Excellight Handbuilt wheels.
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • smidsy wrote:
    This was mine

A new Basso Astra with Full Ultegra Groupset and Ambrosio Excellight Handbuilt wheels.

I'm liking that a lot Sir! 8)
    "You really think you can burn off sugar with exercise?" downhill paul
  • elderone
    elderone Posts: 1,410
    nice bike^^^^^
    Im having some rs30 wheels/tubes/tyres to go on my new bike...bring it on santa..
    Dulce et decorum est Pro patria mori
  • I'm hoping Santa will bring me a new group set upgrade, not decided on 105 or ultegra yet though.
    Cipollini Bond
    Pinarello GAN
  • #david2012 wrote:
    As the title says what's everyone treating themselves to for Christmas? My present to myself is a garmin 500 with extras + a new lid ! :D

looking forward to using the garmin with all the data it captures to improve my training & reluctantly I got a cheap helmet when I started due to pestering from the wifey... Now I wouldn't go out without one and think I need one a little nicer!

A new set of Kreitler rollers and resistance fan :D be interesting how I get on with the start up and how long it will take to get used to rollers?
  • i'm getting a bike fit from the Mrs. Cant wait. have to wait till probably Feb for my new bike though :-(
    Cube Cross 2016
    Willier GTR 2014
  • nochekmate
    nochekmate Posts: 3,460
    Treated myself to this by selling off my Cervelo S1 and some spare wheels - secondhand immaculate Felt B2 Pro/Sram Red/Zipp 808 & 404 (took off the orange bar tape as soon as I got home)

FeltB2Pro.jpg

Full blown onslaught onto the age-group tri scene next season and will be celebrating my 50th by completing an Ironman!

Better buy my wife the same scarf and gloves that the snowman manages to do on the M&S ad that she likes so much!!
  • Mikey41
    Mikey41 Posts: 690
    A Garmin 500 for me, but I'm getting a bit tired of my current shoe solution (thin soled trainers with the laces held out of the way with a twist-tie) for the toe clips, so I will extend the present to some new SPD pedals and shoes :)
    Giant Defy 2 (2012)
    Giant Defy Advanced 2 (2013)
    Giant Revel 1 Ltd (2013)
    Strava
  • roypsb
    roypsb Posts: 309
    Not too much spare cash at the moment - a £15 set of neoprene overshoes from Planet X for me!
  • Garmin 200....

on a budget and im not too fussed about the heartrate and cadence stuff :)
    It's a boy , It's a boy , I Shouted Running Into The Street With Tears Running Down My Face.....

That's The Last Time I Holiday In Thailand

URL Pinkbike
  • dashik
    dashik Posts: 156
    A Tacx Satori pro Turbo, that I got a month or so back :D I might be lucky and get a bonus Garmin 500 seeing as I already have the Speed/Cadance sensor and the HRM for it now.

But to be honest I'll not be too fussy. Got a nice treat for my Partner planned as around this time last year she was starting Chemo for Breast Cancer. Had a scare in the days before Christmas and she was in hospital right up until Christmas eve. So best present is her fit and well (mostly) and home this year now that treatment is finished. :D

I can confirm something like that certainly changes your outlook on life and the importance of money and material stuff.

Hope you all get what you deserve ;) and that you and yours are safe and well this Christmas :D
  • im getting a set of the new mavic sls wheelsets at £800

missus has got me a garmin edge
    MADONE 5.2
  • A Rapha Pro Team bundle - bibs/jersey

But if my insurance cheque comes in before Xmas (unlikely) a pair of Zipp 303's.
  • zx6man
    zx6man Posts: 1,092
    edited December 2012
    smidsy wrote:
    This was mine

Custard flavour bartape..nice

Thinking a garmin 200 myself too
  • I'm getting some new shoes and pedals. Never been clipped in before so have a little trepidation, but I'm sure it'll be fine. I've got a budget of around £150 for the pair. Any suggestions will be helpful.

I have my eye on Shimano 105 5700 SPD's currently £39.99 in Cycle Surgery. There are plenty of different shoes for around the £80-£100 mark that look like they'll do for me.
  • Mines already sitting in the garage with just 6 miles on the tyres. Got my bike the other month, an early pressie from the Mrs. Also got the necessary bits and bobs such as lights, helmet, gloves, pump and spare tubes etc.
    Dropped a hint I would like a few stocking filers such as a jersey or raintop.
    Will have to wait and see if Santa thinks I've been good.

Would most of all like some nice dry weather to get some use out of the bike. Being a beginner I feel a bit of trepidation in going for a ride on icy wet roads. Roll on spring time!
  • Dashik wrote:
    Hope you all get what you deserve ;) and that you and yours are safe and well this Christmas :D

Don't mean to be ungrateful, and thanks for the best wishes but foock me I hope I don't ...

I deserve feck all and want an Edge 500 with cadence and HR!!
  • zipps and sidis for me. must sell some stuff in the new year!
  • TakeTurns
    TakeTurns Posts: 1,075
    Trying to come in with the lowest cost item I've bought myself recently....

Fizik Black with White Logo Bartape :)
  • philbar72
    philbar72 Posts: 2,229
    A rapha gb jersey and some socks.
  • markyone
    markyone Posts: 1,119
    Campagnolo Eps super record upgrade kit :D
    Colnago c60 Eps super record 11
    Pinarello F8 with sram etap
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,841
    Bont Vapours and new Castelli gloves and overshoes :)
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • RoyPSB wrote:
    Not too much spare cash at the moment - a £15 set of neoprene overshoes from Planet X for me!

I use them, best 15 quid you will ever spend. :D
    I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast...
  • kev77
    kev77 Posts: 433
    Tacx Antares and a garmin cadence/ speed for my edge 800, Mavic flouro yellow over socks and endure baabaa merino winter socks ( hope to god they are warm as they sound )

This was last week, so already started the roller sessions. Asked the misses and kids for some of the bundle deals from prendas.
  • slunker
    slunker Posts: 346
    Hopefully santa will bring me 100 extra watts!!
  • slunker wrote:
    Hopefully santa will bring me 100 extra watts!!

+1

Just paid my deposit on a bike fit with Adrian Timmis.
    Not sure that it will give me 100 extra watts though :lol:
  • I had a fit with adrian a few weeks back very good service.
  • Mikey41
    Mikey41 Posts: 690
    I'm getting some new shoes and pedals. Never been clipped in before so have a little trepidation, but I'm sure it'll be fine. I've got a budget of around £150 for the pair. Any suggestions will be helpful.
    I got mine sorted today.

Off with the old:
    8265322984_1cddd62770_z.jpg

On with the new:
    8264255393_da1fb9d9e6_z.jpg

Shimano M520 SPD pedals and Shimano M077 shoes. Well under your budget. :) I'm finding them less hassle than the clips and straps to get into, which surprised me, and no "oops I didn't unclip" comedy moments (yet).
    Giant Defy 2 (2012)
    Giant Defy Advanced 2 (2013)
    Giant Revel 1 Ltd (2013)
    Strava
  • I had a fit with adrian a few weeks back very good service.

That's good to hear. It's a long drive and a few quid so hoping the jobs a good un!
  • Mikey41 wrote:
    I'm getting some new shoes and pedals. Never been clipped in before so have a little trepidation, but I'm sure it'll be fine. I've got a budget of around £150 for the pair. Any suggestions will be helpful.
    I got mine sorted today.

Off with the old:
    8265322984_1cddd62770_z.jpg

On with the new:
    8264255393_da1fb9d9e6_z.jpg

Shimano M520 SPD pedals and Shimano M077 shoes. Well under your budget. :) I'm finding them less hassle than the clips and straps to get into, which surprised me, and no "oops I didn't unclip" comedy moments (yet).

i run the same kind of setup.... only with PD-M540 spd's ..... the ones with the cage round them..... awesome! and i can walk into a cafe afterwards without looking like im on ice :lol:
    It's a boy , It's a boy , I Shouted Running Into The Street With Tears Running Down My Face.....

That's The Last Time I Holiday In Thailand

URL Pinkbike