cadence on turbo

Bruce Thornton
Bruce Thornton Posts: 87
I have a garmin 705 which i've put on the turbo in the spare bedroom. The cadence isn't working as is the speed and calorie counter. I've checked the set up, reset it and it flashes green then red. i'm sure it worked last year when it was in the garage. Coulkd it be that it's now inside the house and it's not picking up a satalite?

Comments

• Garryboy
    Garryboy Posts: 344
    Assume you have the gsc10 cadence sensor working off your rear wheel?

If so, its not dependent on satellite reception, so should work fine. Double check magnets on wheel and crank and reset/test the gsc10.
  • Garryboy
    Garryboy Posts: 344
    Oh, also check he gsc10 is paired ok with the 705, ive had issue before and had to 're-pair' the two to get it working.
  • Thanks for the advice Garryboy. Could someone tell me the process to re- pair the gsc10 with the unit?
  • fish156
    fish156 Posts: 496
    Could someone tell me the process to re- pair the gsc10 with the unit?
    Page 8 and page 58.
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    Why not just disable satellites? It's probably not the route of your problem, but why would you want an activity with a random-walk track?

Could be dead or dying battery.
    More problems but still living....
  • How long have you had the Garmin for? My 705 cadence/speed sensor died last winter after about 14 months and I had to buy a new one. When you set it up (hold the button on the back) the button has an LED which flashes at every pass of the pedal, so you can check if it's even seeing anything by doing this. If you're getting nothing then just replace it.. It's definitely not something that's based on satellite reception though (we'd live in a very worrying world if they could check your cadence from space) but the Garmin will definitely see it if it's alive and in range. Maybe try cycling past a club group and see if it picks up somebody elses, something bizarre which happened on a couple of occasions before I replaced mine!
  • FatTed
    FatTed Posts: 1,205
    Stop Auto pause
    Stop GPS
    change battery