Favourite DIY energy drink flavour

Herbsman
Herbsman Posts: 2,029
I have been using a small amount of orange juice due to the fact that it contains no artificial flavourings, preservatives or sweeteners and no added sugar. However I'm getting too lazy to keep buying cartons of juice and tired of the taste of orange, so blackcurrant cordial has been my flavour of choice. At over 50% carbohydrate I only use about 20 grams of the stuff (this makes a ~6% solution in addition to 32 grams of Maltodextrin in a 700ml bottle), which gives adequate strength of flavour to the drink. I'm sure you find this very interesting.

What do you use?
CAPTAIN BUCKFAST'S CYCLING TIPS - GUARANTEED TO WORK! 1 OUT OF 10 RACING CYCLISTS AGREE!

Comments

• danowat
    danowat Posts: 2,877
    Lime cordial
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Tesco cherries and Berries and a pinch of salt...
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • In this weather - I have one bidon still water and the other hot lemon , honey and ginger.

In the cold it only stays hot for about 30 mins - but is full of goodness to keep them winter bugs away.
  • SBezza
    SBezza Posts: 2,173
    Coconut milk and blackcurrent squash is my favoured drink on the bike, or just water depending on how long the ride is for.
  • simon_e
    simon_e Posts: 1,706
    Pink grapefruit juice is my favourite, or occasionally a dash of blackcurrant squash. I tried apple juice but found it a little unpleasant in the stomach. I'm aware of the sugar added to drinks (won't touch artificial sweeteners) so on longer rides I take 1 bottle of water and 1 of mix and try to alternate them.
    Aspire not to have more, but to be more.
  • bigpikle
    bigpikle Posts: 1,690
    Tesco uber concentrated lemon squash - cant stand all the sickly sweet energy drink flavours
    Your Past is Not Your Potential...
  • Any Robinsons squash and a dash of salt.
  • The coop black current high juice squash is good value and is possibly better than R****a. Certainly less sweet sugarey taste and with a pinch of salt.
    Viner Magnifica
    Fondreist TF3 1.2
    Cervelo P3
    Aeron
    Viner Icarus
  • Herbsman
    Herbsman Posts: 2,029
    Window flavoured, like most of BR I suspect
    CAPTAIN BUCKFAST'S CYCLING TIPS - GUARANTEED TO WORK! 1 OUT OF 10 RACING CYCLISTS AGREE!