Which GPS question?

2»

Comments

• NewTTer
    NewTTer Posts: 463
    Dashik wrote:
    Nothing wrong with Amazon, Got my Garmin 500 ordered today for less than £135 with my Amazon staff discount ;)

I agree that your not always best buying the cheapest, A good local bike shop can be very useful and worth more than a few pounds. But a GPS is a non-serviceable unit and you hardly need setup help like a bike fit etc so Amazon won that one.

Hard to add value to an identical box regardless of where it comes from.

I'll be getting my new bike from the local bike shop as I value the help, advice and service. All they can do with the GPS if it was faulty is ship it back. Same as Amazon.
    Why do you need a GPS systen to ride on your Turbo Trainer?
  • thefd
    thefd Posts: 1,021
    NewTTer wrote:
    Dashik wrote:
    Nothing wrong with Amazon, Got my Garmin 500 ordered today for less than £135 with my Amazon staff discount ;)

I agree that your not always best buying the cheapest, A good local bike shop can be very useful and worth more than a few pounds. But a GPS is a non-serviceable unit and you hardly need setup help like a bike fit etc so Amazon won that one.

Hard to add value to an identical box regardless of where it comes from.

I'll be getting my new bike from the local bike shop as I value the help, advice and service. All they can do with the GPS if it was faulty is ship it back. Same as Amazon.
    Why do you need a GPS systen to ride on your Turbo Trainer?
    I can't see where he mentions he uses it on a turbo... I may have missed it. But from my point - I use my Garmin 500 on my bike whether I am on the roads or on the turbo. You get a good readout of info even if it is used on the turbo. Obviously I switch off the GPS.
    2017 - Caadx
    2016 - Cervelo R3
    2013 - R872
    2010 - Spesh Tarmac
  • #david2012 wrote:
    Picked up the 500 yesterday from halfords with HR & cad sensor £209 - 10% British cycling voucher so paid £188 and having only played around with it on the trainer more than happy with it ! Can't wait to take it out for a ride.

guys... guys... come on :?
    it was possibly me (OP) who may have mentioned the word trainer anyway... i was only testing the cadence senors etc as ive been unable to get out looking after poorly children with this bug going around :evil:
  • lc1981
    lc1981 Posts: 820
    I think the turbo trainer comment comes from a different thread in which Dashik was documenting his progress, which NewTTer didn't like for some reason and was subsequently deleted.