Tacx Flow upgrade to i-Flow

djfleming22
djfleming22 Posts: 116
I was thinking of upgrading my Tacx Flow with the i -Flow so that i can use the RLV and i was wondering if anyone was using one just now and if there any issues.... i have heard sometimes going down hill it can show as if you are going faster than you are also can i use my polar heart rate strap with it its the uncoded one or would i have to get the ant one.

I am trying to work out if i should wait and get the Genius and sell the Flow as the full upgrade to advanced for the Flow is about £200 not including Google earth which is about another £30.00 and if the Flow works well and its the best option

Comments

• I upgraded my Tacx Excel (pre Flow) with the T1932 head unit (blue/white). the cheapest place I found on the web was from bike.de

For speed the way the S/W works is if you are going a "virtual" speed it shows red. If you are going the actual speed it shows white. For downhills you do go too fast sometimes but not so much it matters, you still have to pedal and can always work on the basis of your power output.

The brake is not as good as the newer models so over 6% you will tend to get an estimated speed on an uphill. You can make up for this by using a bigger gear that forces a lower cadence which will get you closer to what you ride in "real life".

I have done ramp tests up to mid 450W by changing gear to keep the speed in the white and managed

I don't use the virtual terrains (due to my PC limitations) so I haven't upgraded beyond 3.10 s/w so google earth is still free.

Whilst it would have been nice to upgrade, for me it wasn't a cost option. using the RLV's is a great way to pass boredom on the trainer and a multiplayer race always gives a good work out