best all round tyre

2»

Comments

• I'm not sure trying to find the best all round tyre is actually the best policy. I'd invest in a summer set for warm dry use and a winter set for cold wet use. Baring in mind they’ll all ware out eventually, you might as well fit something more suitable.

That.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • cooldad wrote:
    Yeah I just figured you must have moved and forgotten to update it.
    Or that you are clinically insane
    No, I just think you lot down in the fat underbelly are naturally softer, we, up in the frozen north are have a higher threshold to wet and cold.
    Planet X Kaffenback 2
    Giant Trance X2
    Genesis High Latitude 2x10
    Planet X n2a
    Genesis Core 20
  • I'm not sure trying to find the best all round tyre is actually the best policy. I'd invest in a summer set for warm dry use and a winter set for cold wet use. Baring in mind they’ll all ware out eventually, you might as well fit something more suitable.

That.

That? Could you elucidate pleaser.
    Planet X Kaffenback 2
    Giant Trance X2
    Genesis High Latitude 2x10
    Planet X n2a
    Genesis Core 20
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    cooldad wrote:
    Yeah I just figured you must have moved and forgotten to update it.
    Or that you are clinically insane
    No, I just think with a fat belly we, up in the frozen north, are always drunk so don't feel wet and cold.
    True.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Did you buy the Hans Dampfs in the end? If you have then care to enlighten us on how fork clearance is with the 2.35 version please?

I have one but I am a bit wary about whether it will fit. Don't want to go through the faff of trying to set it up tubeless and finding out it won't fit my fork. Already have a Nobby Nic 2.25 on front and back which seem fine, but I'm hearing these come up big, especially on narrow rims.
  • fitted the hans dampfs and there is plenty clearance on front but not to much at back.tried them at newcastleton at weekend and they are a great improvement on my captains.massive improvment on grip and the way they clear mud is very impressive.you do notice a bit more rolling resistance but nothing to worry about.all in all a great set ot tyres for £50 :D
  • mrmonkfinger
    mrmonkfinger Posts: 1,452
    I have some lovely summer tyres. Fast rolling numbers. Good on hard pack dirt & dry rock.

Thing is, I only used them twice this year.

My new policy is to ride wet/mud/winter tyres all year round.

Oh, and, Conti, Black Chilli.