Not young

13»

Comments

• Drumlin
    Drumlin Posts: 120
    The thing that dates me is that when I was a kid in the early 70's the Second World War was more recent than the 70's are now.
    Would welcome company for Sat rides west/south of Edinburgh, up to 3 hrs, 16mph ish. Please PM me if interested/able to help.
  • Sad to say I've developed a slight mental problem with the advance of father time, I don't know who he is but he follows me wherever I go. I avoid shop windows & mirrors,he's always there staring at me, when I catch him I'm going to punch his lights out.
  • Peddle Up!
    Peddle Up! Posts: 2,040
    Sad to say I've developed a slight mental problem with the advance of father time, I don't know who he is but he follows me wherever I go. I avoid shop windows & mirrors,he's always there staring at me, when I catch him I'm going to punch his lights out.

That grumpy old codger follows you too? :)
    Purveyor of "up" :)
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    seanoconn wrote:
    I'm wondering when pretty young girls (not too young) will say **** off you old pervert.

Happened to me at Reading Festival in the summer. I just smiled, sat back in the sun, drank some more p!ss poor beer and enjoyed watching more girls. I'm 40 :lol:
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,320
    Drumlin wrote:
    The thing that dates me is that when I was a kid in the early 70's the Second World War was more recent than the 70's are now.
    Ouch! Now that makes me feel old too. Never thought of it that way.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,407
    I remember as a child, half an hour was my enemy.

"Mum, when's dinner?" "Half an hour"

"Are we nearly there?" "Half an hour"

Half an hour seemed to take forever. But today time seems to move so quickly. Blink now and it's not half an hour that's gone it's a bloody year!

Putting my life on fast forward was never part of the deal. YOU HEAR ME?!! NEVER PART OF THE DEAL!!'

Serious question. How does one slow down or reverse time?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    seanoconn wrote:
    Serious question. How does one slow down or reverse time?
    Come work here.
    One hour during the week goes as fast as a day at the weekend.

Simple answer - If you want to slow things down make your life miserable. It may not actually be longer but it will feel like it.
    Or enjoy what time you have to the full and stop moaning. :P
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • garryc
    garryc Posts: 203
    I'm 53, but as I don't have any kids it's easy to miss the passing of the years, I sill feel 21(ish) but I have a few more grey hairs etc. But this year my younger brother became a grandad - FFS! how did that happen! (well obviously i do know). I woud never class myself as a 'grandad' sounds horrible, depressing.
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    garryc wrote:
    I woud never class myself as a 'grandad' sounds horrible, depressing.
    As awful as it sounds, it also brings some of life's greatest joys.
    I was 46 for the birth of my first grandchild. :shock:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • kieranb
    kieranb Posts: 1,674
    well, I don't envy my youth that much, I am fitter and financially better off than I was. I am a bit more relaxed concerning the opposite sex and the impression I make on others. I do miss the care free attitude though, didn't care about a pension, mortgages, career, university fees (for my children) or politics. Friends, music, gigs (some great ones, some I can barely remember even just after the event), drink etc were my main concerns.
  • Like wot 'e said, Grandchildren are the best thing about getting old and they are great!
    'fool'
  • Peddle Up! wrote:
    Sad to say I've developed a slight mental problem with the advance of father time, I don't know who he is but he follows me wherever I go. I avoid shop windows & mirrors,he's always there staring at me, when I catch him I'm going to punch his lights out.

That grumpy old codger follows you too? :)

You really have to worry when it's that bloke in the black gown carrying the sythe stalking you. :lol:
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.