Christmas wish-list's?

2»

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    DanDax1990 wrote:
    Christmas is Christmas... Don't care what I get aslong as the soon to be exmissus spends more on me than I do on her... Hahaha.
    FTFY
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Don't think I need anything bike related at the moment... well there's stuff I want, a lot of clothes mostly, proper lightweight windproof jacket for the road, new goggles, gloves etc. but to be honest I'd rather just buy them myself as and when I see stuff on offer. Hopefully won't interfere with the plans to save up for an ebay jobby DH bike and trip to Are next summer.

So, I've just asked for a couple of airfix models and possibly a kindle as they seem to be £70 these days, think I'd use one a fair bit and it's much more convenient that lugging a book around or several when it's holiday time.
  • DanDax1990
    DanDax1990 Posts: 1,201
    She'll be happy enough with Olly Murs tickets for her and 2 friends, His new album personally signed (She's a massive fan) :/ New Converse, Perfume and other little bits, Hopefully lol.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Whats an oily mur when it's at home?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • DanDax1990
    Knew I forgot something, Kindle! I want the new one, Looks good.
  • bails87 wrote:
    I suppose the problem with getting bike stuff is that we tend to be pretty particular. You can't just drop some hints about wanting a new bar and hope that they'll get the right one. You pretty much have to say "buy me this" with a link to the best place to buy from, it takes the 'christmas magic' out of it a bit! :lol:

Agreed, so 25yrs of Acid Jazz boxset is on my list
  • My own private Mountain?
  • DCR00
    DCR00 Posts: 2,160
    lawman wrote:
    Some new Fox 360 riding gear, in black and lime green obviously :lol:

360_SS_2012.jpg?width=800

I wear that top. You have good taste.
    lawman wrote:
    Would very much like a Works Components headset too :D

^^^^ this.

Got very excited when i realised they do angle sets for 1 1/8
  • Titus El Guapo frame but seeing as I've just done over €1,300 on our season passes...that's not gonna happen. So will settle for a Nespresso machine :D
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • DCR00
    DCR00 Posts: 2,160
    ive already treated myself to a new FF helmet and some armour

i generally ask for vouchers if i want bike stuff as its a bit of a minefield asking the Mrs to get it for me

however, this year i have asked her for some new headphones for gaming/movies

some of these - http://shop.sennheiser.co.uk/store/senn ... .220694700
  • bails87 wrote:
    I suppose the problem with getting bike stuff is that we tend to be pretty particular. You can't just drop some hints about wanting a new bar and hope that they'll get the right one. You pretty much have to say "buy me this" with a link to the best place to buy from, it takes the 'Christmas magic' out of it a bit! :lol:

Yeah i agree to be fair, its hardly 'magical' if you know what you're getting...but I've taken to leaving copies of MBUK provocatively draped around the house on relevant pages... it is probably unlikely to have the desired effect though...
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    DCR00 wrote:
    lawman wrote:
    Some new Fox 360 riding gear, in black and lime green obviously :lol:

360_SS_2012.jpg?width=800

I wear that top. You have good taste.
    lawman wrote:
    Would very much like a Works Components headset too :D

^^^^ this.

Got very excited when i realised they do angle sets for 1 1/8

Yeah, fox have some great kit and the lime stuff like the 360 and ranger shorts are just what I'm looking for. The HC jersey is in lime too, and some of the guys at uni have raved about it all year, only just realised in came in lime green, just in time for crimbo!! :mrgreen:

I've looked at their headsets for a while, but its only recently they've made on that will fit my HD, and I've been loving the slightly slacker angles of my 456, so making the HD even slacker sounds like it'll be an absolute beast :D:D
  • plugp7
    plugp7 Posts: 298
    Ragley Piglet frame if they ever release the spec for the 2013 model!!!
    Failing that, a crate of a variety of bottled beers from the micro breweries along the Irwell valley (post ride hydration drink so it counts as bike gear to me).
    Cotic Soul 26 inch. Whyte T130
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    plugp7 wrote:
    Failing that, a crate of a variety of bottled beers from the micro breweries along the Irwell valley (post ride hydration drink so it counts as bike gear to me).

You might want a welder to go with that Piglet frame :shock:
  • plugp7
    plugp7 Posts: 298
    plugp7 wrote:

You might want a welder to go with that Piglet frame :shock:

Just the beer then. :lol:
    Cotic Soul 26 inch. Whyte T130
  • Hopefully some wider bars and a new stem
    Maybe a round of UK gravity enduring next year if I can persuade my dad to take me :lol:
    Specialized Hardrock 06
    On One 456 Summer Season 2010 neon orange!

“…get it in your head, then there’s nothing else important for the next couple of hours than getting that particular line done…” – Danny MacAskill
  • downhillbike
    downhillbike Posts: 115
    edited December 2012
    manitou dorado forks for my 2013 santa cruz v10 build next year
  • hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    I just booked to ride Hadleigh farm Olympic MTB course, on the 23rd Dec, so that's another one for me.
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • Will say it again, a mountain of my own.
  • New set of Shimano M596 brakes and a new front wheel (bought and fitted already :D ).

Just built a Kettler go-kart for my 5y/o daughter and got a battery powered jeep for the 2 y/o....Christmas is all about my kids and its great :D

Scott Genius MC 30 RIP
    Nukeproof Mega AM 275 Comp
    Cube LTD Rigid Commuter
    Ribble 7005 Sportive
  • My 2 boys are still too young to understand christmas, and will be thoroughly spoilt by their grand parents, so I arranged for santa to bring me a new Lapierre Zesty 914. Unfortunately it won't be here until new year. Not that I would get chance to use it, as will probably spend all christmas putting batteries in toys, and trying to keep the pair of them from destroying the house. Don't you just love it :D
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Liar - You re looking forward to the Lego set way more than they are!! :wink:
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • DanDax1990
    Endura Humvvee 3/4 shorts officially went on my list today, If she doesn't get me them there's war on lol.
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Not alot really, some merino socks, a new pair of gloves and a pair of waterproof socks.

Can't be bothered changing anything on the bikes as everything seems to be working.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?