Christmas wish-list's?

DanDax1990
DanDax1990 Posts: 1,201
edited December 2012 in MTB general
So what MTB products are on your wish list's?

Mine are some new shorts/3'4s - Endura Hummvees and a new wheelset.

Comments

• lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    Some new Fox 360 riding gear, in black and lime green obviously :lol:

360_SS_2012.jpg?width=800

But yeah I can't be arsed finding the whole kit but you get the idea!

Would very much like a Works Components headset too :D
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    my wish list is mostly things to keep my bikes on the trails. New brakes, tyres, mech etc are on the list.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    Seeing as I am both the administrator and procurer (sp), of my wish list, I plan to be visiting the Olympic course at Hadleigh, as soon as... :wink:
    Maybe buy a new MTB helmet, too...
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • top of my wish list is a little less rain next year 8)
    pity those who don't drink, the way they feel when they wake is the best they will feel all day

voodoo hoodoo
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    hopper1 wrote:
    Seeing as I am both the administrator and procurer (sp), of my wish list,

Me too - so my Christmas pressie (from me, to me) is a weeks holiday with BasqueMTB next year IN THE SUN 8) !!
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    miss notax wrote:
    hopper1 wrote:

Me too - so my Christmas pressie (from me, to me) is a weeks holiday with BasqueMTB next year IN THE SUN 8) !!
    Didn't you want a man?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • miss notax
    Quite frankly a week biking in the sun sounds better at the moment :lol: 8)
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

• miss notax wrote:

it always sounds better :) because it is better.
  • New camelbak for me, I've hinted enough, even sent links to the 1s i like.
    Just got to wait and see if wifey manages to get 1. :D
    Follow me on....Google+
    Shop here....eBay Shop
  • EH_Rob
    EH_Rob Posts: 1,134
    full face helmet because im sick of riding at innerleithen without one.
  • Hmm i have put in a order for some goggles,

Otherwise i need to find some good winter gloves.
  • Hopefully some warm riding shoes, Shimano MW81 are top of the list.
    ShimanoMW81_Main.jpg
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    ^erm - I ve tried things like that. To be honest, I'd give them a miss, either get some different shoes a bit larger (so if you have a set of race shoes, get some 5.10's or similar) or just a really cheap set of shoes and wear them with some waterproof socks.

Whatever you do, you need to make sure you wear trousers/tights over the top of the ankle or else theyll just leak that way
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver wrote:
    ^erm - I ve tried things like that. To be honest, I'd give them a miss, either get some different shoes a bit larger (so if you have a set of race shoes, get some 5.10's or similar) or just a really cheap set of shoes and wear them with some waterproof socks.

Whatever you do, you need to make sure you wear trousers/tights over the top of the ankle or else theyll just leak that way
    I'm after the warmth not warterproofness tbh. Apparently they're pretty good from everything I've read and lots swear by them.
  • ddraver
    I know what you mean, I ve had two sets as they ve always ripped - to be honest, if you can't keep your feet dry they ll be cold...I'm not going to buy them again, I'm thinking of a set of those Mavid Alpine XL's and some seal skins

Obviously this is all my opinion tho. They are very good for CX or on the road where things get less wet.
    - @ddraver
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    As a counter to that I've got some Specialized Defrosters and they're excellent. Yeah, my feet can still get a bit wet if it's really grim, but they stay warm because they're protected from the wind and the water doesn't flow through, taking the heat with it. It stays trapped in the shoe and warms up. Proper winter boots and Woolly Boolly merino socks will keep your feet warm through almost anything.

Somehow I've not really got anything on my wishlist, there are things that I'd happily have if they were bought for me, but nothing that I've specifically seen and thought "I need/want that".
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • Mccraque
    Mccraque Posts: 819
    miss notax wrote:
    hopper1 wrote:

You'll have a great time, Notax...I rode with them this year. Amazing scenery, great trails and Doug was a fantastic guide.
  • ddraver wrote:
    I know what you mean, I ve had two sets as they ve always ripped - to be honest, if you can't keep your feet dry they ll be cold...I'm not going to buy them again, I'm thinking of a set of those Mavid Alpine XL's and some seal skins

Obviously this is all my opinion tho. They are very good for CX or on the road where things get less wet.

I've had a pair for two years but use them on the road for commuting in the winter as have gone back to flats offroad. As DD says they're not waterproof (what is?) but they are warm. Not had any issues with ripping, I'd say the quality is very good. Mine look like the picture but kind of mud coloured 8)
  • pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136
    Me & mrs P's xmas present
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer
  • ddraver
    Anyway, my christmas list extends only to a new ipod so far - my old one is dying - and some of thems Endura MTR shorts
    - @ddraver
  • pilch wrote:

You've just got back from bIoody Morocco!

I hate you and I hope you get a dose of the Mark Fowlers.
  • hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    miss notax wrote:

Can't fault that... I'd rather have a weeks MTBing in the Sun, than a man, too :wink:

But, then again... Three weeks on this rig and well, I don't knowwwwww... :shock:
    Need to get off!
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136
    pilch wrote:

You've just got back from bIoody Morocco!

I hate you and I hope you get a dose of the Mark Fowlers.

No holiday all year, then they all come at once...

I blame the mrs - I said what do you want to do for christmas and she insisted that she wanted to go mountain biking somewhere hot... as you may guess, I was not unhappy about this :lol:
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer
  • I don't understand though, if your missus is into MTB, why didn't you bring her to crudsto....... actually, never mind ;)

Sounds good though.

My crimbo wishlist consists mostly of stuff for the roadbike and the commuter. and stuff to deal with the perpetual winter that has been the UK weather (which invariably means it'll be the hottest, dryest year on record).
  • Greer_
    Greer_ Posts: 1,716
    Birthday and Christmas in the same month so I should hopefully be getting a new helmet (661 recon), camelback rogue, ebay work stand, bike rack for the car and park tools cable cutters that actually work!
  • I think probably a Renthal FatBar lite, though it is an odd thing to ask family/other half for for xmas? and a bugger to wrap without giving the game away prematurely i suppose....

Someone to book my week in the alps in the summer riding perhaps?
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    I suppose the problem with getting bike stuff is that we tend to be pretty particular. You can't just drop some hints about wanting a new bar and hope that they'll get the right one. You pretty much have to say "buy me this" with a link to the best place to buy from, it takes the 'christmas magic' out of it a bit! :lol:
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • miss notax
    This is very true!

• DanDax1990
    DanDax1990 Posts: 1,201
    Christmas is Christmas... Don't care what I get aslong as the missus spends more on me than I do on her... Hahaha.