Numpties

13»

Comments

• de_sisti
    de_sisti Posts: 1,283
    On the 2011 Marmotte, I gave away an inner tube to a guy from Cardiff Ajax a couple a kms before the
    start of Alpe D'huez (he said he'd already punctured 3 times). I didn't ask for anything in return. I had
    satisfaction in knowing that he finished the route, because one of the riders in our party said he passed
    a guy with a Cardiff Ajax top as he made his way to the summit.
  • Raffles
    Raffles Posts: 1,137
    amaferanga wrote:
    Raffles wrote:
    What annoys me is the people who are :

"well id help, but if X happened, or the rider implied Y was the case or if eastenders was on telly in another 20mins , well id just be on my way and id have nothing on my mind eating away at me". what a bag of cr@p :roll: if somebody needs help, it is decent people who offer it...........no excuses, no BS and no turning a selfish blind eye needed.

Got a puncture. Nip over to Sheffield with a spare tube for me then would you. Thanks ever so much.

That is possibly the worst reply in here. Why are you so defensive? Do you feel bad for not helping someone out when it would very tinily inconvenienced you?

?

One of the biggest and most self opinionated mouthpieces on bikeradar has become strangely silent when he is called out. Id love to see which selection he chose in the poll , though I can guess :roll: . Its nice to see 86% of us voted to be decent human beings when another rider is in need........heartwarming :)
    2012 Cannondale CAAD 8 105
  • Ron Stuart
    Ron Stuart Posts: 1,242
    mamba80 wrote:

"I think you r being over the top here".....

......."or r you suggesting i give them a basic mechanics course in the freezing rain as well" :roll:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    Raffles wrote:
    amaferanga wrote:
    Raffles wrote:
    What annoys me is the people who are :

"well id help, but if X happened, or the rider implied Y was the case or if eastenders was on telly in another 20mins , well id just be on my way and id have nothing on my mind eating away at me". what a bag of cr@p :roll: if somebody needs help, it is decent people who offer it...........no excuses, no BS and no turning a selfish blind eye needed.

Got a puncture. Nip over to Sheffield with a spare tube for me then would you. Thanks ever so much.

That is possibly the worst reply in here. Why are you so defensive? Do you feel bad for not helping someone out when it would very tinily inconvenienced you?

?

One of the biggest and most self opinionated mouthpieces on bikeradar has become strangely silent when he is called out. Id love to see which selection he chose in the poll , though I can guess :roll: . Its nice to see 86% of us voted to be decent human beings when another rider is in need........heartwarming :)

Thanks for that. A self opinionated mouthpiece eh? What did I say to irritate you so much? Not sure what exactly I've been 'called out' for.

As it happens I am actually a nice human being and I do help people when they need. I'm not sure why I'm coming across as defensive though - just trying to make the point that there's a difference between helping someone who is genuinely in need of help and someone who has got themselves into an unfortunate position through their own doing (and who is perfectly capable of getting themselves out of that situation through either asking for help from friends/family or a stranger). I therefore thinks it's ridiculous to call someone a pr!ck for not giving away their spares to a stranger who isn't actually in any trouble.
    More problems but still living....
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    Ron Stuart wrote:
    mamba80 wrote:

......."or r you suggesting i give them a basic mechanics course in the freezing rain as well" :roll:

I thought you d like that Ron...... :lol: but in context, it makes sense..to me anyhow!
    But does Raffles with his high morals, take it out on us more pragmatic folk? i dont get it :?
  • Ron Stuart
    Ron Stuart Posts: 1,242
    mamba80 wrote:
    Ron Stuart wrote:
    mamba80 wrote:

I thought you d like that Ron...... :lol: but in context, it makes sense..to me anyhow!
    But does Raffles with his high morals, take it out on us more pragmatic folk? i dont get it :?

High morals well maybe, a balanced rhetoric I think maybe not.

Not the stuff to win over friends and influence people.

He seems given to expressing divergent or opposite views but that seems to be a theme that runs through a lot of posts throughout the forums.

Best bet is to be polite it can knock the best antagonist off course from time to time,

:wink::wink::wink: :P
  • Raffles
    Raffles Posts: 1,137
    Antagonism usually stems from an individual with a preconceived agenda.I do not have any agenda but merely speak as I see fit. I find the whole concept of a cyclist sudenly developing blindness and a devil may care attitude when a fellow cyclist could do with a helping hand an abhorrent concept. I dont speak entirely for myself, but hopefully in the vein of the majority who believe cyclists should look out for each other and not be 2 wheel cavaliers on the road who dont give a rats a$$.
    2012 Cannondale CAAD 8 105
  • You should always help a cyclist with a problem. On a sportive i helped a cyclist with a puncture and they were very thankful. i then had one myself at mile 99 of 100 :roll: and not one person stopped (probably not wanting to spoil their time, got a couple 'Unlucky' comments). Perhaps no karma for me but oh well, maybe another time.

As for the OP's situation; stop, help, realise there's not enough time left, make up time by setting PB on hill, go home