OPQS team-building....

2»

Comments

• get-pic.php?repID=20123786&picID=183068&t=small

Not sure I would want him next to me in the trenches!
  • That one wasnt on a website, it's on @laura_meseguer 's twitter feed. Cav looks like he's stuck half way up a climbing obstacle. its just brilliant :lol:

team_building_3_670.jpg

Is this the one you mean? What's with the glasses? And he seems to he getting a bit of a push from someone. Looks like OPQS have a new "Eisel" for him already!
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,158
    get-pic.php?repID=20123786&picID=183068&t=small

Not sure I would want him next to me in the trenches!
    You'd want him on your team for a Popeye impersonation contest, though
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • That one wasnt on a website, it's on @laura_meseguer 's twitter feed. Cav looks like he's stuck half way up a climbing obstacle. its just brilliant :lol:

team_building_3_670.jpg

Is this the one you mean? What's with the glasses? And he seems to he getting a bit of a push from someone. Looks like OPQS have a new "Eisel" for him already!

THAT'S THE ONE! His little legs are not helping him at all with that obstacle. And it looks like its taking 3 of them to get him over it. Well, at least the team know what they're in for. Just one Bernie-equivalent is NOT going to be enough in the mountains. Forget anyone in the break, fellas - its all hands on deck!
  • RichN95.

THAT'S THE ONE! His little legs are not helping him at all with that obstacle. And it looks like its taking 3 of them to get him over it. Well, at least the team know what they're in for. Just one Bernie-equivalent is NOT going to be enough in the mountains. Forget anyone in the break, fellas - its all hands on deck!
    To be fair to him, those glasses stop him seeing. That's the object of exercise - the team have to guide him over the obstacles - so he gains trust in them.
  • RichN95 wrote:
    To be fair to him, those glasses stop him seeing. That's the object of exercise - the team have to guide him over the obstacles - so he gains trust in them.

They aren't some new super cool prototype sunnies from Oakley then? :cry:
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,941
    RichN95 wrote:
    To be fair to him.

Whoa there mister. Who agreed that??
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    Nick Fitt wrote:
    Also he's not as good a grand tour rider as Indurain.
    And he was a doper too ;-)
    Let me get this right. Nick Fitt, that you think Roche was clean & I think Indurain is clean.
    files seized by the police indicate that Roche did indeed use the performance enhancing drug erythropoietin (EPO). The files, seized from Conconi's headquarters at the University of Ferrara, contain a list of 23 names that includes that of Roche, and are central in the investigation into blood doping in sport currently underway in Italy.
    That Indurain made a visit to Italy about a training programe and when he was told it involved EPO he went home and said bollox, let Riis carry on with that scheme but not for me.
    In 1996 he saw what Riis could do with EPO and decided to quit racing in this new shitty sport.
    Indurain tested positive after the Tour de L'Oise on 15 May, for the drug Salbutamol, which is found in some inhalers used by asthma sufferers. It is on the IOC's list of banned or controlled substances but sportsmen with asthma were allowed to use it.
    At a later date the TUE was introduced to cover such situations.
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • A9rv-TWCEAIhqtm.jpg

Rabobank got to dig holes:
    rabo.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Rabobank got to dig holes:
    rabo.jpg

Are the holes for them to store their careers in while they are at Rabo?
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • Rabobank got to dig holes:
    rabo.jpg

You mean a couple of them got to dig holes whilst the rest stood around and watched. Hopefully this is not how they are going to approach next season.
  • Is that not the cross world champs course? They going to let the Belgians in and then bridge it
  • For someone who knows little about Pro Racing, when is Cav officially a OPQS rider? The reason I ask is that he's at the training camp, but you can see him in his Sky kit in the video...

http://www.omegapharma-quickstep.com/en ... ks-rvv/970
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,738
    Prhymeate wrote:
    For someone who knows little about Pro Racing, when is Cav officially a OPQS rider? The reason I ask is that he's at the training camp, but you can see him in his Sky kit in the video...

Contracts last as long as calendar years.

So untill 2013, Cav will be wearing sky kit.
  • Prhymeate wrote:
    For someone who knows little about Pro Racing, when is Cav officially a OPQS rider? The reason I ask is that he's at the training camp, but you can see him in his Sky kit in the video...

Contracts last as long as calendar years.

So untill 2013, Cav will be wearing sky kit.

Ah okay, I thought that might be the case. Thanks for clarifying :)
  • mike6
    mike6 Posts: 1,199
    I dont understand all this Cav bashing stuff. He speaks his mind, always thanks his team mates, has won more sprints than most, past and present. Despite being told by BC that he would not make a pro cyclist never mind win multiple Tour stages. If he speaks out of turn he tends to apologise, I would rather hear his interviews than the usual media speak that most pros come out with.
    Is it because he is a Brit and we are not supposed to be good at cycling?
  • mike6 wrote:
    I dont understand all this Cav bashing stuff. He speaks his mind, always thanks his team mates, has won more sprints than most, past and present. Despite being told by BC that he would not make a pro cyclist never mind win multiple Tour stages. If he speaks out of turn he tends to apologise, I would rather hear his interviews than the usual media speak that most pros come out with.

Why can't you accept that some just don't like him. I'm sure there are riders you don't like.

And what does his nationality have to do with it? Is everone on this forum British?
  • rick_chasey
    mike6 wrote:

You should have noticed that the amount people win doesn't particularly correlate with how much they're liked on here.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    the opposite in fact...especially if they re British
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • RichN95.
    You should have noticed that the amount people win doesn't particularly correlate with how much they're liked on here.
    Armstrong didn't win a race after 1998, yet he seems really unpopular.
  • mike6
    mike6 Posts: 1,199
    mike6 wrote:

Why can't you accept that some just don't like him. I'm sure there are riders you don't like.

And what does his nationality have to do with it? Is everone on this forum British?

Err....no I cant, that is why I posted the question.

No, everyone is not. His nationality is the reason I asked the question, because the Brits have a national sport called "If someone is at the top they must be knocked down".

If someone came up with a better reason than, well.....I just don't like him, fair enough. But It just smacks of knocking the guy because he is very good at what he dous, but is not the sharpest knife in the drawer.
  • mike6 wrote:
    Err....no I cant, that is why I posted the question.

No, everyone is not. His nationality is the reason I asked the question, because the Brits have a national sport called "If someone is at the top they must be knocked down".

If someone came up with a better reason than, well.....I just don't like him, fair enough. But It just smacks of knocking the guy because he is very good at what he dous, but is not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Oh dear, I don't know what to do now. You see I don't like Mark Cavendish but I do like Bradley Wiggins. But according to you, because I am British, this just isn't possible. I must dislike both of them! They both are doing quite well after all.
  • rick_chasey
    RichN95 wrote:
    Armstrong didn't win a race after 1998, yet he seems really unpopular.

Never said there was an inverse correlation.