Contador Interview

Comments

• ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,231
    jerry3571 wrote:
    I blame the Thatcher Goverment for my lack of eductaion and in proper use of nouns and capital letters.

Generally, I take it as a given that they were to blame for everything... although I'm struggling to pin the Boer War on them. Working on it, though...
  • twotyred
    twotyred Posts: 822
    Gee wiz, some of you are so up-tight. I feel sorry for you. I will just take huge enjoyment out of being a Contador fan as do those that are...the rest of you are missing out

What did you expect when you make a fawning, sycophantic post about a doper? If you'd left it at your first post I doubt you'd have got the same response.
  • jerry3571
    jerry3571 Posts: 1,532
    OCDuPalais wrote:
    jerry3571 wrote:
    I blame the Thatcher Goverment for my lack of eductaion and in proper use of nouns and capital letters.

Generally, I take it as a given that they were to blame for everything... although I'm struggling to pin the Boer War on them. Working on it, though...

So you're saying, it was me looking out the window at School which failed me my exams; damn! I still like to blame the Milk Snatcher. :lol: Good uck on the Boer war though. Sounds like Thatcher to me, think you're on to something. :wink:

-Jerry

PS- I still like FF.
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

"You can't ride the Tour de France on mineral water."
    -Jacques Anquetil
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,932
    I'm not reading these posts so dont bother replying.

I'm unsubscribing.

You guys are a joke.

You love this sh1t really though don't you?

That's why you post these threads isn't it?

It makes you feel dirty but you still do it.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,231

I'm unsubscribing.

You guys are a joke.

That's pure Catholic, isn't it?
  • OCDuPalais wrote:

I'm unsubscribing.

You guys are a joke.

Christ, this is bringing back memories of going to a convent school....
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    OCDuPalais wrote:

I'm unsubscribing.

You guys are a joke.

Christ, this is bringing back memories of going to a convent school....
    Does this bring you out in a hot sweat

article-1200710-05C5103A000005DC-755_468x358.jpg
  • Quite. Sister Euphemia and Sister Inviolata.
  • Coach H
    Coach H Posts: 1,092
    I hate it. I do so want to admire him, he seems such a pleasant, humble , man with so much talent as a cyclist. He has undergone personal trials and tribulations, yet overcome them. Personable, popular, without any apparent 'side', so much to admire. He rides a full programme each year, aggressively looking to win at every opportunity, the best rider in the peloton.

Then you get 'Clen' and all the doubts emerge, dodgy contacts and teams, no unequivocal rebuttal of doping, no longer quite as dominating when he makes a change of pace in the high mountains. Was he on 'the sauce' back in the day? Is he clean now? Or just better prepared?

I hate it.

Well put sir...

I mostly concur but wasn't the bit in bold already there before the 'Clen'?
    That Giro win on little or no prep when he made it look like he was riding against me (if you find me on Strava you will find out how slow I am :lol: ) and was managed by the Hog pretty much convinced me. :(
    Coach H. (Dont ask me for training advice - 'It's not about the bike')
  • You are right, there was always some doubt. Perhaps I should have phrased it 'the doubts emerge again' :)
    'fool'
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,596
    Why does the mention of Contador's name always result in a doping discussion, but when other riders, such as Sean Kelly come up, doping is never mentioned?
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,388
    Cos biking Bernie got banned ;)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,150
    TheBigBean wrote:
    Why does the mention of Contador's name always result in a doping discussion, but when other riders, such as Sean Kelly come up, doping is never mentioned?
    Two reasons:
    1. We're somewhat unlikely to see Kelly in a race in 2013.
    2. There are no posters on here going on about Kelly like a hormonal One Direction fan, like there is with Contador. It's Newton's Law of the internet : 'For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction'
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    TheBigBean wrote:

Because they're usually accompanied by guff like "Certified heavyweight, pure racer, complete champion", and that gets people's backs up just a tad.
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Certified heavyweight, pure racer, complete champion.

*The Mad Rapper smiles*
  • TMR
    Turfle wrote:
    Because they're usually accompanied by guff like "Certified heavyweight, pure racer, complete champion", and that gets people's backs up just a tad.

You have to admire FF's continued loyalty - he's not a fly by night fan, regardless of what you may think of AC. I think it's admirable TBH.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,932
    Turfle wrote:

You have to admire FF's continued loyalty - he's not a fly by night fan, regardless of what you may think of AC. I think it's admirable TBH.

Meanwhile on SeventiesRadioOneDJRadar. ......
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • You have to admire FF's continued loyalty - he's not a fly by night fan, regardless of what you may think of AC. I think it's admirable TBH.

Do you admire all the fans who still support Armstrong?
  • TMR
    Do you admire all the fans who still support Armstrong?

If they support him for the same reasons that I still support and greatly admire Big George, accepting his weaknesses and bad decisions then yes. If they have their heads buried in the sand about how his performances were achieved, then no.

To forgive is human.
  • TMR
    Meanwhile on SeventiesRadioOneDJRadar. ......

Cryptic post is cryptic.

I've been off all day, ill with flu. My head feels like it's full of cotton wool and I have no idea what this means. Can you get the crayons out please?
  • If they support him for the same reasons that I still support and greatly admire Big George, accepting his weaknesses and bad decisions then yes. If they have their heads buried in the sand about how his performances were achieved, then no.

Hmm, wonder which one of those FF is? :D
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,596
    Certified heavyweight*, pure racer, complete champion

Sean-Kelly.jpg

*Ok, I'm not sure how one becomes certified in the heavy weight category, but Sean Kelly was a pure racer and a champion in a variety of races.
  • ddraver
    Well i googled Sean Kelly doping as I googled Contador Doping and all I got* was this -

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRA2MccvfscPKaK7ZvtJAKVDk0D2C4sAF1GOWQtvXP2m956NjDuGg

*Not strictly true
    - @ddraver
  • Certified Heavyweight, Pure Racer, True Champion
    Frank-Schleck--008.jpg

"oh the poison! the poison!"
  • Good game this!

Greasedscotsman. Certified heavyweight, pure racer, complete champion. :D

3251223980_90311b9e00.jpg

(OK, maybe only the heavyweight bit is correct...) :cry:
  • TMR
    (OK, maybe only the heavyweight bit is correct...) :cry:

Awww...it's all those fried pies! What about the cholesterol?! :shock:
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    edited November 2012
    I like this game

Disgruntledgoat, Heavyweight and true (Johnstone Wheelers Club Hillclimb) Champion

http://www.flickr.com/photos/37563359@N02/8040229383/
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • ddraver
    edited November 2012
    Oi Hang On! I need to find pictures of y'all in suits outside CAS suggesting that your victories were as much won/not won in the courtroom as on the road!

The doper
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT2v3mQUYf2vc6OqyBh7m7GM4w_bJ882qDtJpjoXpLEm8IHirvc

The doper
    goat.jpg?t=1203711589

Right, carry on...
    - @ddraver
  • RichN95 wrote:
    TheBigBean wrote:
    Two reasons:
    1. We're somewhat unlikely to see Kelly in a race in 2013.
    2. There are no posters on here going on about Kelly like a hormonal One Direction fan, like there is with Contador. It's Newton's Law of the internet : 'For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction'

WTF does this forum not have an "exalt" button?!
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • So has FF flounced then? Shame, he was alright as long as AC didn't get mentioned.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris