Sky to ASSOS?

Comments

• MOA make Adidas team sky kit.

The winter jackets are quite good too.
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    Same overall company innit. I thought the Nalini branch made Adidas team sky kit. Could be wrong.
  • MOA are the parent company, the boxes are MOA branded if that helps.
  • tumblr_mdmrnsuObo1qf9xhao3_500.jpg

He has put on at least 10kg in a few weeks. That's impressive. I wonder how he will lose that to return to his gaunt look...
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    edited November 2012
    I'm sure the 12 day training block he's doing right now in Mallorca plus Sky's nutrionist chasing him around the place with callipers, will start the weight loss process nicely.

I've managed to lose 11 lbs on a 9 day trip putting in the hard yards, before - and no, it didnt involve the Fatkins diet
  • I dropped a kilo in a week since starting back for winter training. The combination of exercise, not drinking beer all the time because you can and knocking out the cake really makes for some dramatic early gains.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • He'll ruin those shoes.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Adidas provided each team rider with hundreds of pieces of kit but I'd guess that winter kit for Bad is pretty scarce, his most recent load of winter kit will have been in national champs colours and I bet the service course haven't got much in his size left. Given a choice, I bet he's happier with assos winter kit than any other brand. I bet he can't wait to be whored around by Rarpha and their pretentious poor quality kit!

pretentious - a matter of opinion
    poor quality? rubbish
  • petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    tumblr_mdmrnsuObo1qf9xhao3_500.jpg

He has put on at least 10kg in a few weeks. That's impressive. I wonder how he will lose that to return to his gaunt look...

Check out the rear mudguard....
  • ad_snow
    ad_snow Posts: 469
    PeteMadoc wrote:

Check out the rear mudguard....

I was literally about to say the same - beast!
  • Ron Stuart
    Ron Stuart Posts: 1,242
    Is this the same bike ?
    424847_10150709012284524_568611296_n.jpg
    or maybe this spare ?
    423300_10150709000014524_1978882863_n.jpg
    and him on the first one looking slimmer in February 8)
    423379_10150709013714524_1776396919_n.jpg
    Note the standard chainrings :wink:

Oh and I have the same jacket in blue like the 'Sky' in the photos :D
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    GAtorade will be raging that he's out without the famous green bottles.
  • sjmclean wrote:
    GAtorade will be raging that he's out without the famous green bottles.

Ha ha, you couldn't be more right!!!

The infamous Gatorade deal :D
  • OCDuPalais wrote:
    He looks fat
    AND he's in the small ring on the flat!

That's it, everyone, the dream's over... it's not even Christmas and they've blown it.

With a heavy sigh and a heavier heart I'm going to shuffle off to try and cheer myself up with good news from the men's pursuit team...

*reads cyclingnews*

... tch.
    Base miles, keeping the heart rate low.

And since the new year/season hasn't begun yet there's no need to be wearing next year's kit sponsor's stuff (which may not be ready in any case).

Overshoes in November = wuss.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Are we sure this isn't just Thom Yorke from Radiohead?
  • OCDuPalais wrote:
    He looks fat
    AND he's in the small ring on the flat!

That's it, everyone, the dream's over... it's not even Christmas and they've blown it.

With a heavy sigh and a heavier heart I'm going to shuffle off to try and cheer myself up with good news from the men's pursuit team...

*reads cyclingnews*

... tch.
    Base miles, keeping the heart rate low.

And since the new year/season hasn't begun yet there's no need to be wearing next year's kit sponsor's stuff (which may not be ready in any case).

Overshoes in November = wuss.

Probably helps if you don't have to pay for your shoes too.

@gietvangent
  • Coach H
    Coach H Posts: 1,092

So lets tot this up from the bottom to the top

Non sponsored tyres (Michelin Pro4 Endurance?)
    Non sponsored wheels (Ksyrium SL's
    An old GB Champ paintjob
    Non sponsored bottles
    Non sponsored tights? (No Adidas or sky logos)
    Non sponsored gloves? (look like Assos to me)
    Non sponsored jacket (Assos)
    and MTB mudguard and "oh the horror" a seatpack

It is obviously quite a litany of brand ambasador errors, but what I cannot quite resolve is, particularly during the off-season on what I assume is a non-media scheduled training ride, why is any of this an issue?
    Coach H. (Dont ask me for training advice - 'It's not about the bike')
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    edited November 2012
    re his current training block in Mallorca...

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/lat ... jorca.html

interested in this bit: '"He's off to Majorca ... He's ready, and he's taken out a kid that he mentors.

Good man.
  • Ron Stuart
    Ron Stuart Posts: 1,242
    Coach H wrote:

An old GB Champ paintjob
    Non sponsored bottles

It is obviously quite a litany of brand ambasador errors, but what I cannot quite resolve is, particularly during the off-season on what I assume is a non-media scheduled training ride, why is any of this an issue?

Then why the list :?:
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    interested in this bit: '"He's off to Majorca ... He's ready, and he's taken out a kid that he mentors.

Jesus, thats a bit extreme, innit? Surely he could have just told the kid that he didn't want to train him anymore.
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • LangerDan wrote:

Jesus, thats a bit extreme, innit? Surely he could have just told the kid that he didn't want to train him anymore.

:lol:
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    Coach H wrote:
    Actually they look like Rapha Winter Gloves to me.

I have a few bits of Rapha kit, all of which I've loved, but I thought the winter gloves were crap. Sizing was weird, didn't keep the water out, and on my pair the stitching on both thumbs fell apart. Rapha took them back and gave me a refund 6 months after I bought them, which I was pleased about to be fair to them.

I use their leather commuter gloves in the winter now which I got in a sale. Think they're fantastic.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,941
    Jebus and the Orphans!!!!

Maybe his training bike and kit are away to Majorca too make sure they are all ready for his 10 day training block and he just went out on the old bike he had in the shed!
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • They don't have a tyre or wheel sponsor. It was probably a bike he has at home for training on. As for the rest of the kit, who knows and to be honest, who cares. Apart from Gatorade :D
  • Coach H
    Ron Stuart wrote:
    Coach H wrote:

An old GB Champ paintjob
    Non sponsored bottles

Then why the list :?:

Because this thread was already onto its 3rd page so others ovbiously thought this stuff was important :roll:
  • Coach H
    edited November 2012
    Graeme_S wrote:
    Coach H wrote:

I have a few bits of Rapha kit, all of which I've loved, but I thought the winter gloves were crap. Sizing was weird, didn't keep the water out, and on my pair the stitching on both thumbs fell apart. Rapha took them back and gave me a refund 6 months after I bought them, which I was pleased about to be fair to them.

I use their leather commuter gloves in the winter now which I got in a sale. Think they're fantastic.

By George you are right, well spotted. I hadn't noticed the tab by the index finger knuckle that gives it away.
  • Coach H wrote:
    Graeme_S wrote:
    Coach H wrote:

By George you are right, well spotted. I hadn't noticed the tap by the index finger knuckle that gives it away.

Not geeky. At all. :wink:
  • They don't have a tyre or wheel sponsor.

I thought Shimano supplied their wheels.
  • They don't have a tyre or wheel sponsor.

I thought Shimano supplied their wheels.

Yep, they do