Sky to ASSOS?

Gary Marshall
Gary Marshall Posts: 196
edited November 2012 in Pro race
Looks like wiggo expressing his independence, that jacket doesn't look like Addidas, or Rapha!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/others ... crash.html

Comments

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157
    There's an Adidas logo clearly visible.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Also looks a bit like a Mavic wheel...

wig3_2401166a.jpg

I thought Sky's wheel supplier was Shimano?
  • RichN95 wrote:
    There's an Adidas logo clearly visible.

...on the gilet he's wearing over his jacket, like this...

Assos_851_Jacket.jpg

You can even see the small Assos logo on his left shoulder.
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    If that's the gear he was riding, then no wonder the poor cow couldn't see him.
    The Bogeyman cometh.
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    Great to see Brad back on the bike so soon, But i think he should have at least he should have a hiz viz gilet on or something. I dont trust any effin car,van,truck driver and i dont give them the excuse "oh i didnt see him cos he was wearing black clothing in dull conditions...Had this arguement in a bike shop last week when the guy offered me a black jacket and i said how on earth did cycle clothing Manuf's come up with this colour. His arguement was that some riders cant get the splashes out their jackets :roll: - PS Looks like an Assos 851 airblock jacket to me.
  • Ooh, me mate's got that jacket...

The photos were taken this morning. Have to say that I dont wear hi viz in the morning once it's light.
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    No overshoes too (Hard B*****d) 8)
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    F*ck!

Still have to pinch myself that he won the tour! :D
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • According to Shane Sutton on tonight's BBC World Cup track coverage, Bradders is about to go off on a training block in Mallorca. Looks like he means business for next season. Good. I'd like to see him win the Giro, then do a Badger routine on Fenton and spook the bejaysus of him during the Tour. 8)
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,941
    He looks fat
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,233
    He looks fat
    AND he's in the small ring on the flat!

That's it, everyone, the dream's over... it's not even Christmas and they've blown it.

With a heavy sigh and a heavier heart I'm going to shuffle off to try and cheer myself up with good news from the men's pursuit team...

*reads cyclingnews*

... tch.
  • philbar72
    philbar72 Posts: 2,229
    OCDuPalais wrote:
    He looks fat
    AND he's in the small ring on the flat!

That's it, everyone, the dream's over... it's not even Christmas and they've blown it.

With a heavy sigh and a heavier heart I'm going to shuffle off to try and cheer myself up with good news from the men's pursuit team...

*reads cyclingnews*

... tch.

he's exhaling? puffing out his cheeks... ?
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,734
    Are they changing helmet supplier?

I hope so. He looks like a tw@t with that on. Regardless of the colour.
  • MrTapir
    MrTapir Posts: 1,206
    It looks like he has taken the Balfour Beatty sticker off.
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,832
    deejay wrote:
    The Bogeyman cometh.

Yea that bright yellow helmet is straight out of Camouflage for Dummies :wink:
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • ....and he wasn't riding Pina when he was taken out!
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    He looks fat

Jesus! Best not let you see the size of my belly then! ;)
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    rozzer32 wrote:

+1 ;)
  • dodgy
    dodgy Posts: 2,890
    rozzer32 wrote:
    deejay wrote:
    The Bogeyman cometh.

If it wasn't for the helmet, we wouldn't see him :?

GEJ8z.png
  • dodgy wrote:

Blimey, is it safe to go out in my car?

2009-kahn-cosworth-range-rover-1-588x441.jpg
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    Looks like wiggo expressing his independence, that jacket doesn't look like Addidas, or Rapha!
    Rapha's sponsorship doesn't start until 1 Jan, so doubt you'll see any Rapha Sky kit before then - they'll still be contracted to Addidas.

Having said that, I quite like it when you see cyclists wearing "favourite" bits of kit - it shows independence and indicates that there are pieces of kit that are worth paying for.
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    dodgy wrote:

What car? I don't see any car?
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • Beatmaker
    Beatmaker Posts: 1,092
    dodgy wrote:

Not for the polar bears its not.
  • Beatmaker wrote:
    Not for the polar bears its not.

No, I'm good with them. Unless it snows and I can't see em' :wink:
  • TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    mroli wrote:
    Having said that, I quite like it when you see cyclists wearing "favourite" bits of kit - it shows independence and indicates that there are pieces of kit that are worth paying for.

Would he get in trouble for that?
    I'd imagine all the top firms send free stuff to the top riders and Assos is probably most of the best kit they get.
    exercise.png
  • TheStone wrote:
    mroli wrote:

I'd imagine all the top firms send free stuff to the top riders and Assos is probably most of the best kit they get.

I'd imagine his winter jacket was written off the crash he's waiting on his replacement. The service course aren't the quickest to send kit out and he's off to Majorca tomorrow so it may well had gone straight there. Wouldn't think that manufacturers send kit to athletes sponsored by rivals, apart from being a waste of kit it's not a very professional thing to do.
  • Beatmaker
    Beatmaker Posts: 1,092
    TheStone wrote:
    mroli wrote:

I'd imagine his winter jacket was written off the crash he's waiting on his replacement. The service course aren't the quickest to send kit out and he's off to Majorca tomorrow so it may well had gone straight there. Wouldn't think that manufacturers send kit to athletes sponsored by rivals, apart from being a waste of kit it's not a very professional thing to do.

Assos is distributed by Yellow, same distributor as Pinarello and Brad knows Phil Griffiths pretty well. It could be that Adidas have supplied little in the way of winter kit, with them being out the door in a few weeks.
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,233
    My LBS owner admitted to me that he could have been a fully fledged Assos retailer but decided against it because the stuff is just too good - he;d hardly ever get repeat sales. As if to prove his point, we looked down to realise I was wearing an Assos jacket that had seen me through every Winter since 2003 and still only looked a month old.
  • Beatmaker wrote:
    TheStone wrote:
    mroli wrote:

Assos is distributed by Yellow, same distributor as Pinarello and Brad knows Phil Griffiths pretty well. It could be that Adidas have supplied little in the way of winter kit, with them being out the door in a few weeks.

Adidas provided each team rider with hundreds of pieces of kit but I'd guess that winter kit for Bad is pretty scarce, his most recent load of winter kit will have been in national champs colours and I bet the service course haven't got much in his size left. Given a choice, I bet he's happier with assos winter kit than any other brand. I bet he can't wait to be whored around by Rarpha and their pretentious poor quality kit!
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    Given that Nalini made the kit for Adidas and Rapha use Moa for stuff http://www.rapha.cc/moa-sport?locale=UK and at an estimate 50% of the tour ride in MOA/Nalini, I can't see Brad being too bothered (or the kit being poor quality).