Marc Madiot for President (of anything, dont care)

2»

Comments

• ddraver wrote:
    Don't worry Nick, DDraver rides an mtb.

What does that have to do with anything? Tell you what i went for a road ride yesterday so we ll call me a road rider again now shall we?

We know because we ve watched the races (have nt we!) that what makes cycling more exciting are smaller teams riding shorter stages. Possibly without radios (although people have always found a way around that).

What gizmos they have on their bikes is irrelevant. Behold Tommy Voeckler, a rider who does nt ride with a Powermeter yet gets pilloried because of his "histrionics" This tour was no different to almost any other tour that has ever been raced. All we have here is an lazy opinion plucked from the "cool gang" on twitter mixed with the standard english speaking cycling fan emo nostalgia for a cycling that never existed other than in people heads.

IF you think Mercx did nt buy up the best of the competition or have a faithful loyal servant that followed him from team to team and then rode like a steam train on the front of the peloton every time Eddyboy wanted a rest then I suggest you have a flick through one of the recent books on the lad. Putting domestiques on the front to kill attacks is not a Sky thing, it's not a powermeter thing, it's not even a modern thing. it's a cycling thing!

However I do agree with you Frenchie that a suitcase full of drugs will beat a suitcase full of courage or a suitcase full of powermeters every time...

Christ on a bike, AT LAST a totally valid point. Talk about how some people love spouting revisionist history. William Fotheringham wrote a bloody good article for Routeur after this year's Tour.
    http://rouleurmagazine.wordpress.com/20 ... r-de-bore/
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,392
    Thanks, did nt mean to take my hangover* out on Bikradar but...

*Drunk, Dutch Hockey girls teaching me Salsa
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • My point is that technology is moving race decisions away from the guys on their bikes .
    Nothing more.
  • ddraver
    No it isnt, it just means that they can speak to the DS without going back to the car...
    - @ddraver
  • stage7-2-2.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • "Breaker 1-9 this heres Rubber DS C'mon"

ad37d8e24a2be6db8884d7ba8706b334_image_document_large_featured_borderless.jpg

:D:D:D
  • Benjo Masso's The Sweat of the Gods is an excellent deconstruction of some of those myths. Especially the stuff about the epic rides of the Golden Age that nobody has seen the like of since TV came along, mysteriously.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • ddraver wrote:
    Thanks, did nt mean to take my hangover* out on Bikradar but...

*Drunk, Dutch Hockey girls teaching me Salsa

'scuse me...you're not getting away that one. details, man, details....
  • ddraver
    It as as good as it sounds, shame it was a sunday night and even more of a shame that I really really cannot dance at all... :(

Still there were a few upsides
    - @ddraver