Recommend me a recovery drink.

13»

Comments

• RandG
    RandG Posts: 779
    Re the pedals, the whole idea is to increase performance. If you wish to argue with Dr Andrew Coggan please do so over on timetrialling forum. He has an annoying habit of being proved right.

I'm sure that some people are under the mistaken impression that they should use clipless because it will make them faster, but as I said, that isn't the point; the reason to restrain your feet is to improve rhythm and facilitate higher cadence.

What a right bunch of anal tossers you lot are at times ffs.

I ask a simple question, in the hope I get a relatively simple answer, in the beginners section, but here we are, four pages in talking about pedals. WTF.
  • Re the pedals, the whole idea is to increase performance. If you wish to argue with Dr Andrew Coggan please do so over on timetrialling forum. He has an annoying habit of being proved right.

I'm sure that some people are under the mistaken impression that they should use clipless because it will make them faster, but as I said, that isn't the point; the reason to restrain your feet is to improve rhythm and facilitate higher cadence.

But if improved rhythm and a higher cadence does not increase power, or make you faster or enable you to hold a certain power longer, what is the point?
  • RandG wrote:
    Re the pedals, the whole idea is to increase performance. If you wish to argue with Dr Andrew Coggan please do so over on timetrialling forum. He has an annoying habit of being proved right.

I ask a simple question, in the hope I get a relatively simple answer, in the beginners section, but here we are, four pages in talking about pedals. WTF.

I've been called a lot of things far worse on timetrialling forum.
  • jonomc4
    jonomc4 Posts: 891
    champagne - worked for me yesterday.
  • But if improved rhythm and a higher cadence does not increase power, or make you faster or enable you to hold a certain power longer, what is the point?

High cadence - 'spinning' a higher gear rather than 'grinding' a lower one places less stress on joints, and aids flexibility. That's obvious. I'm pretty sure it's good for aerobic fitness also. Very high cadence is likely not to be beneficial. But that's irrelevant, as a completely flat platform doesn't allow a particularly fast cadence at all; certainly not comfortably. I would not want to pedal at any rate with flat pedals again, particularly in wet weather or at speed; that alone is a good enough reason.
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    RandG wrote:
    Wrath Rob wrote:
    But that's the point, you can't get whey protein for £15, the stuff you get for 80p comes with lots of casein for free. You only need ~20-40g of protein for recovery, so a 1kg tub will get you around 33 servings (assuming 30g scoop). If the tub costs you £15 then that's 50p a time, close to the price of a pint of milk.

Call me stoopid but I'm missing your point altogether there :?

What are you suggesting, the £15 tub or the £2 tub ?
    What's in the £2 tub? You want to aim for a 2:1 mix of carbs to protein for the entire recovery drink, so that includes whatever you mix it with, which was where I was going wrong. The protein preferably being whey due to the absorption time being soooo much better than casein. How you achieve that is up to you. If the £2 tub gives you that sort of ratio then great!
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • RandG wrote:

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

RandG, Why not try the High5 trial pack. Type in extra5 in the coupon code box and the whole lot is delivered to your door for under 2 quid. Includes a great recovery drink as well as other samples and a drinks bottle. You can also pay by paypal. Whats not to like about this deal?
    I have just ordered another 5 :wink:

http://www.probikekit.com/uk/energy-nutrition/energy-recovery-drink/high5-trial-pack-plus-a-free-750ml-bottle.html

Enjoy
    C.P.
    "You really think you can burn off sugar with exercise?" downhill paul
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    RandG wrote:

agreed. topic locked. Sorry.

People if you want to have a discusion about something not releated to the OP then please do it else where.

If you cant then you will not be doing it on here.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
This discussion has been closed.